NW-A1000/3000 on Sony Australia

Rate this question

bogon07

Question

The new "Aura" NWA1000L/S/P/V $379 & NWA3000S/V $449 are finally on the Sony Australia site as pre-order items.

They are the only HDDs, no sign of the NWHD5s.

Interesting, hmm there seems to be no date of arrival, sony canada has a date usually beside products that can be pre-ordered, oddly enough it is mid november and there is no info on the players on sonystyle.ca, but they go on sale either tomorrow or by the end of the week.

Are you planning on buyng one of the new units?

Sony Australia site indicates that they will be available from Friday 2nd December if you try an order one. Hopefully Sony will be able to keep to this date.

Now what colour and which size ?

Could not see the NWA600s

Sony Australia site indicates that they will be available from Friday 2nd December if you try an order one.  Hopefully Sony will be able to keep to this date.

Hmm, wonder why the US is being left behind for a launch for these players. With no annoucement from sony yet about availability, it could mean an intro post new year? Unless Sony is stalling for the WMA support for the US market and release them early to mid december.

Sony seems to have given up the US market for now. Maybe they realized they can't really compete with the iPod and are waiting for a big success in other regions before launching an all-out attack? They launched the HD5 very silently here. I expect the A series to follow a similar path and show up in some stores unnanounced. Considering SonyStyle is selling only the black and red versions of the HD5, it seems they're already getting rid of their stock and preparing for something new. I just wished they had a 40GB, or at least 30GB, version. Then I'd upgrade.

Sony seems to have given up the US market for now. Maybe they realized they can't really compete with the iPod and are waiting for a big success in other regions before launching an all-out attack? They launched the HD5 very silently here. I expect the A series to follow a similar path and show up in some stores unnanounced. Considering SonyStyle is selling only the black and red versions of the HD5, it seems they're already getting rid of their stock and preparing for something new. I just wished they had a 40GB, or at least 30GB, version. Then I'd upgrade.

Interesting points, we had no HD3 nor HD5 officially in canada, the HD1 was apparently sold here, not sure if via sony, but I would imagine it would be. I only saw one HD1 here just recently and oddly enough never saw any ads for it, not even at the sony store, or any electronics retailer here. Sony canada is now offering a $20 rebate for a tax that was added onto the HD1, and $5 off the smaller flash players.

Anyone know how sales of the HD5 have been doing in the US? Unless sony isn't keen to release such info to the public.

Beethovenian, is there any price difference between the HD5 and the new A series? what about price A series vs price of competitors in Aus?

The HD1 seems to be the only one Sony really announced in the US. I don't know at what prices Sony is considering putting the A series here. They're selling the HD5 for $279. That's the maximum I can think of for the A3000, and even that is a stretch, since the iPod offers 10GB more and video support for only $20 extra. Maybe that's also a reason for them to not advertise the new Walkman? They would probably not lower the price that much to be really competitive with the iPod.

Sony Australia site indicates that they will be available from Friday 2nd December if you try an order one.   Hopefully Sony will be able to keep to this date.

They trying sell off there old models that`s why they haven`t put 600series for sale.Otherwise no one will buy 500(series).I think they have loads of pieces left of 500(series)

Edited by Stuge

They trying sell off there old models  that`s why they haven`t put 600series for sale.Otherwise no one will buy 500(series).I think they have loads of pieces left of 500(series)

That sounds all too plausible.

And the latest Pulse issue has several pages referring to the 407.

The new "Aura" NWA1000L/S/P/V $379 & NWA3000S/V $449 are finally on the Sony Australia site as pre-order items.

They are the only HDDs, no sign of the NWHD5s.

Is it just me or have BOTH players (NWA3000 AND HD5) vanished from the Sony Australia site? :ol_shocked:

What does this MEAN? :ol_cry:

And I was so looking forward to the end of the week... :ol_sad:

Hmm, interesting enough when I was first installing the CP off the CD, once the install finishes, reboot, etc, a page pops up with 3 links initially.

Europe

Canada

Japan

this is for updates for firmware and CP

Now when I went to install it, it had 4 options:

Europe

Oceania

Canada

Japan

So I am sure they are coming on the 2nd.

Well in any case I rang up SONY NZ today. What a waste.

Apparently there is no known future for the new Walkman series in NZ at all. We have to wait for a marketing meeting in early '06 to determine whether it is suitable to market here.

Has Australia started to recieve the Walkmans, as it IS Dec 2?

New Zealand now has neither the HD5 OR the A3000 on the website...

New Zealand now has neither the HD5 OR the A3000 on the website

This what I don`t like about sony before taking a decision on A3000 they should have sticked with the old one.

OR they might have exhausted all there NW-HD5 models..

According to sony reps from australia, WMA support should be here soon.

But back to the main point, the new A1000 will be available for sale on the sonystyle website in australia this coming monday, December 12th.

All 4 colours will be offered, price is 379.00 including GST. Again not sure if that is with the gst included or you have the add it, since including GST means you would have to add the tax onto the price still.

As well, no word on launch of the A3000 in australia, since sony Aus wanted to get the A series out before christmas.

Sorry no info about lauch for the new playes in australia.

As well, Sony China has also released the new players for sale in that country, all 3 actually, A600/A1000/A3000. I have no knowledge of prices though.

Sony China has also released the new players for sale in that country, all 3 actually, A600/A1000/A3000. I have no knowledge of prices though

Prices of A600/A1000/A3000 in China are:

NW-A3000= >

Rmb(YUAN) 2,900 or (US)$359

NW-A1000=>

Rmb(Yuan) 2,700 or (US)$335

NW-A608(2GB)=>

Rmb(Yuan) 2199 OR (US)$272

NW-A607=>

Rmb(Yuan) 1999 OR (US)$247

NW-A605=>

Rmb(Yuan)1599 OR (US)$198

Price of accessories in China

Cover for A600 is for (CKM-NWA600)=>

Rmb(Yuan) 200 OR (US)$25

Cover for A3000 is for (CKM-NWA3000)=>

Rmb(Yuan)200 or(US)$25

Cover for A1000 is for (CKM-NWA1000)=>

Rmb(Yuan)160 or(US)$20

Cradle for A3000(BCR-NWU1))=>

Rmb(Yuan)260 or (US)$32

Remote for A3000 (RM-SWN1)=>

Rmb(Yuan)200 OR (US)$25

Site does suggest that these walkman support wma codec .So sony will ship these new walkmans with Wma support in China

Aura(New Sony Walkman)A600/3000/1000

The NWA1000s are back on Sony Australia for $379AUD

This morning the online shop said they were all out of stock except for the violet.

Seems the others should be in by 16Dec - but you know Sony.

USB cradle is listed $59 AUD

Leather Case $39 AUD

Polyester Case $29 AUD

Remote $39 AUD

No sign of the NWA3000 nor the NWA600s but the NWHD5 has re-appeared.

JB-HiFi & Domayne had ads this week with NWA1000 and NWA3000 for sale.

Interestingly JB was discounting them by $2 not $20($377)*& $10($439)* respectively but I have not been into a shop to see if they actually have any.

Edited by bogon07

Finally the NWA1000s are in the shops and look much better than the photos suggest. JB-HiFi has them for $377 - now where did I put that ad quoting $359!(slight memory problem here it was only a $2 reduction not $20; the A3000 was "slashed" to $439)*

Sadly didn't see any NWA3000s which are due to come out soon. Perhaps it is being delayed a little due to the ready supply of NWHD5 in shops. However with retailers advertising it Sony should hurry and bring it out or receive another dent to its reputation here.

Edited by bogon07

Ascariss - realistically probably the NWA1000. From the photos it looks the better proportioned of the two but would like to see them both physically side by side.

Which of your two do you prefer ?

Ascariss,

Nice pictures. The reflectivity is a bit hard to deal with when photographing these.

I still lean towards the 1000 even though the 3000 seems only marginally larger.

Your silver ones look dark although not as dark as the one I handled in the shop. The colour really changes with the lighting doesn't it.

Do you have the USB cradle/dock ?

Good to see you haven't neglected your Minidisc either.

No, the dock for the units isn't on sale yet, possibly this week according to the sony site.

taking pictures is a nightmare, they reflect like a mirror. Indeed the silver model looks quite dark depending on the angle and the same thing with the violet unit I noticed. Depending on the light, it goes from a purple to a blue.

No sign of the NWA3000 nor the NWA600s but the NWHD5 has re-appeared

AMAZING .First "NW-HD5" was removed then they put HD5 again for sale.I`m sure HD5 WAS were not out of stock...

Very Strange

No, the dock for the units isn't on sale yet, possibly this week according to the sony site.

taking pictures is a nightmare, they reflect like a mirror. Indeed the silver model looks quite dark depending on the angle and the same thing with the violet unit I noticed. Depending on the light, it goes from a purple to a blue.

That would be the advantage of the limited edition Black - it stays pretty much the same colour regardless of the lighting.

Are you tempted by the dock ?

Does the A3000 feel like its nearly twice the weight of the A1000 ?

This week my local Retravision store's Xmas catalogue has the NWA1000 for $349AUD and the NWA3000 listed at $399AUD which are quite large reductions on the RRP already. (This time I'm looking at the page and not relying on memory)

The 6GB A1000 at these prices looks to be good value compared to the 4GB ipod Nano at $359

Ascariss,

Thanks I was thinking that the A3000 would be a little too heavy to carry comfortably in your shirt pocket.

Strange to see discounting here in the 1st week of release (and still not sure if the A3000 is physically in any shops yet.).

Yep normal business shirt.

I'm hoping to take delivery of blue (and pink for the wife) A1000 next week from a MySony auction as I had no chance of winning a free one.

Looks like Sony is trying increase MP3 player market penetration with some discounting before Xmas. The prices of the NWE400/600 have also dropped here. In fact SonyCentralSydney have the 505 for less than the 405.

Interesting, we also had a reduction in the A3000s here, but nothing on the A1000.

as for your question, not twice as heavy, but the difference is noticable, the A1000 is very light and small in my opinion.

Strange ...Do you have any idea why they are reducing there units?

BUMP

didn't even realise that this had been released in oz as i was out of the country when it happened! saves me trying to run around and find an online store to ship it to the us and have to stuff around with an adapter so i can charge it. what do all the aussies that have a nw-a1k or 3k have to say in terms of feedback? also, where's the cheapest place to buy one, online or otherwise - my b'day's coming soon and i need to give my g/f a place to buy me one from. cheers!

BUMP

didn't even realise that this had been released in oz as i was out of the country when it happened! saves me trying to run around and find an online store to ship it to the us and have to stuff around with an adapter so i can charge it. what do all the aussies that have a nw-a1k or 3k have to say in terms of feedback? also, where's the cheapest place to buy one, online or otherwise - my b'day's coming soon and i need to give my g/f a place to buy me one from. cheers!

The NWA1000 was available in Australia mid December 2005 and the NWA3000 popped up early January2006.

The A1000 has rrp $379 but you can find it in stores such as Retravision, JB-Hi, Sydney Sound centre @ $349.

Some online stores are quoting $368 + delivery. I've see the A3000 $449 rrp advertised @ $399.

The A1000 is interesting and stylish although a bit slow and the minimum HDD size should have been 10GB. But I think the E400/500 & A600s have a better functional design and any of these with 4-6GB capacity would make A1000 obsolete.

"Here is an interesting quote

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Entertainment...3/News/E9P4V6W3

Meanwhile, the Sony NWA3000 is a 20GB player version of the A1000, is already available overseas.

Sony spokesperson Lesley White said larger capacities may be announced soon: "There's a lot of space for a higher capacity player but we wanted to get the A series out before Christmas."

any links to online stores to buy an A3000 from other than the sony australia site?

Unfortunately the A1000/3000 is not as readily available online as the E400/500 series in Australia. Could be something to do with Sony Australia's delivery problems. None are on the ever reliable Minidisc Australia site yet only the ol' NW-HD5.

http://www.techbuy.com.au/product.asp?at=51&prodid=55538

A3000 Silver or Violet Techbuy $440.20AUD - not much of a discount on the rrp $449 and on back order !

http://www.homezonedigital.com.au/Content_...15-2a96abbf0c0a

HomeZone (Retravision) has the A1000 for $349AUD but not the A3000