Sony provides Hi-MD Wav Conversion Tool

smilodon500

mikehend: are you using SS 2.0 or SS 2.2?

If you are using SS 2.0, you need to upgrade to SS 2.2, then use the file conversion tool (which comes with SS 2.2) to change your uploaded file from a *.omg file to a *.oma file. Don't worry, there is no transcoding done here, they just change the DRM wrapper.

Then you should be able to use the Sony WAV converter to convert your uploaded tracks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why that is? Is it a problem with SS or was it designed to do such a thing. I would hope there would be a fix for that.

Would it be better to use different software to upload from HiMD?

It's presumed to be a bug in SS. I can't see why any company would design a feature into their product that defeats its purpose.

There is no other software to upload from HiMD. SS is it, period.

Hi,

like many of you folks I've been waiting for Sony's wav conversion tool.

According to the documentation, it can only be installed with Sonic Stage v 2.1 or later.

The trouble is I bought my Hi-MD recorder in the UK, and the UK Sony site (and other European Sony sites) states that the Sonic Stage upgrade from v 2.0 is "temporarily unavailable". It's been that way for over a week now. (Was it ever available?)

Only for MarcNet's tool (Thanks!) my recent field recordings would be locked in by the DRM mechanism.

Does anyone know, what the hell is the difference between the UK version of the Sonic Stage software and the US/Canadian version?

I feel angry enough with Sony about the lack of Hi-MDs available in the UK, without having to feel I've been suckered again because their UK version of the spftware isn't up to scratch.

Any comments?

Conchuir

http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/install/portabl...pgrd-redir.html

There you get the 2.2.

The Difference is that the 2.2 cannot work with the european connect store.

So, if you don't want to use the hopelessly overpriced connect store, you can install the 2.2 and be happy.

Since Marc's utility primarily works with OMA files, you can easy convert your OMGs into OMAs with the included convertor.

Aside from that, the 2.2 is much more reliable as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

First off let me tell you I am an older (60) guy with out a whole bunch of knowledge here. But I play guitar and do it with a couple of others my same age. I bought the Sony MD Walkman MZ-NHF800 and until they came out with their converter is was a waste of money for me. I wanted to be able to use it to record our group when we practice. Now with their converter I can do that put it on a cd and give one to each of us. I am interested in this other thing that Marc has developed.........For a PC challenged person is it easy to use? I know for a lot of you fellows this is easy stuff, but what I am looking for is something to .....play guitar.....record it......upload to my pc.......convert.....................burn to cd.

Can you help me out with this.....please step by step if you can.

I'm "Thanking You all" for your time in this.

Phil B :wacky: :wink: :wacky:

Download and try my program out... see how you find it. I think that will be the best way to find out whether my program is easy to use. Any questions? Just post it on my site or this forum and ill try to answer it as quickly as possible.

Even better if you know how to use IRC chat, join an Undernet server and pop by my room (#marcchat). If im not away Ill try to answer any questions you may have,

Hi...

Does anyone know if SonicStage allows uploading of old-format ATRAC3 files to PC? And equally importantly, do the wav conversion tools support the old format?

Like many folks (I would imagine), I have an archive of older MD recordings that are aching to be uploaded and converted...

Thanks a bunch...

Josh