Is it worth it?

Rate this topic

brianobrien

There is a certain crabhanded posture you must adopt for the 40ELK when using it one-handed and there are some gymnastics involved therein, but the scroll facility is useful for navigating through tracks. It is a minor thing though. I prefer it over the RM-MC3X's.

My problem with the MC3X is that I was so used to the MC11 (1 year of very sparse MC3X use as opposed to near 3 years regular use of the MC11... I even swapped the remote on the D-EJ2000) that it always caused me frustration. Because the 40's totally different, I don't have the wrong-way-twist and stop-when-meaning-to-ffwd problems that I do with the MC3X.

I have the NH900 and I spent the $75 for the 40ELK remote and I think it is worth the money just to be able to see recording levels and adjust the levels using the remote. You cannot start recording from the remote and the backlight is not the brightest but it is a worthy upgrade IMO for the NH900. I found the OEM remote to be very difficult to use because I have big fingers and it seemed to always turn the wrong way when I was trying to look at it while recording live music. My .02 on the upgrade: I am happy with the upgrade. :cool:

Mark

I have the NH1 & I love the remote. I have owned the R900 & N707 so know about the other remotes.

Sony have made the NH1's remote very easy to use and I frequently use it with 2 hands simply because its easier to hold the end and fiddle with all the buttons (same as when I used the stick controll) but i can also use it one handed with ease.

If you do alot of recording with the main unit in your pocket, the ability to controll almost all the functions from the remote & see what is going on is a god send.