Sony Insider Forums
Bananatree

Hellos and Goodbyes

Rate this question

Question

This is a forum idea I just got that I think we should try.

If you want to say goodbye to a dead/sold/lost unit, or hello to a new one... feel free to post stories, pictures or general hysteria here. I don't think it is necessary for 10 "OMG my NH1 is here" threads.

I'll start:

Goodbye DR480, I'm sending you to america to a new home where you will get more love. I enjoyed how you played good music through your wonderful 1-bit amp, and I will miss you. However I know you will get more use with Nismo. tongue.gif

Hello iPod :smile:

194 answers to this question

Goodbye MD! Dunno exactly who bought all of you pieces and such, but hopefully they'll enjoy you and not become incredibly frustrated. =P

Hello pink iPod Mini (with pictures) coming soon. =P

Sorry if this is not the right place to post about computer hardware.. but my old PC Chips motherboard went up in smoke today. It shall be missed as many MP3 and wavs were recorded to MD on it.

May you rest forever in the Hardware Pantheon, old MLR 810. Good times, bad times... we had them together. The way you always handled Phantasy Star Online and my emulated games will never be forgotten. Thanks for showing me that there's more than Intel out there in the market. You shall be forever missed, my first system ever. Curse the power supply that overloaded your delicate AMD processor and memory.

*respectful silence*

Abit IS7-E2, welcome. Many tasks await to be tackled. Show me what breaking the previously unknown (by me) 1Ghz barrier means. Your predecessor left a pair of big shoes to fill. Take me to other worlds, let's live new adventures. There is still so much that remains to be done.

*sniffles as he waves a final goodbye to his first computer, now silent and lifeless...*

Oi, Syrius, that was your first computer? Lucky.

My first PC... I got in 1992. It was an Intel 286 20MHz overclocked to 25MHz! Woo, breakneck speed!

I also had (and still have) an original Amiga 500 with monitor (complete with Component RGB connectors as opposed to a normal VGA plug) mouse, crashed and dead 120mb hard drive, two 3.5" floppy drives and several boxes of 3.5" floppies of Amiga software that probably none of them work.

I've seen so many PCs come and go over the years. The one I've got now is probably my fourteenth computer; I'm not exactly sure. The one I had before this, I sold to pay for the parts to build this one, the one before that was fried by a lightning pulse. Previous PCs had been obtained from my stepfather's work and my mother's upgrades (and hand-me-downs) while they were likewise handed down to my little brothers.

Oi, Syrius, that was your first computer? Lucky.

Yup. Didn't need one until 2001, since I always used the library's or electric typwriters for my school stuff.

I also had (and still have) an original Amiga 500 with monitor (complete with Component RGB connectors as opposed to a normal VGA plug) mouse, crashed and dead 120mb hard drive, two 3.5" floppy drives and several boxes of 3.5" floppies of Amiga software that probably none of them work.

RGB? blink.gif *drools* I have an Amiga 1080 monitor for the purpose of playing all my consoles on gorgeous RGB. :laugh:

Uh, ever heard of WinUAE? AFAIK, you can use Amiga Floppies on an actual FDD on your PC, and run the games off that with an emulator. *sigh* I miss Psygnosis.

Well, everyone, I'd like you to welcome...

Cori's Pink iPod Mini!

Just picked it up from Best Buy this morning, and I am in LOVE, I tell you. iTunes as a music management software makes me forget all those horrible, horrible UselessStage nightmares.

The sound... well, I need some good buds before I can really say how good it can possibly be. I need them now, because these iPod stocks are horrid.

WTF, those farking high school kids stole my D-33, the Luscious Jackson CD that was in it and my E2cs, I hope they put my canalphones in their ears without wasthing them first!!!

Now I gotta buy new buds. :sleep:

ROFL, did you get the extra 5mhz from the turbo button?  ahahaha

OMFG, the Turbo button! Yessss, oh those were the days!

I had FOUR MEGS OF RAM! 30-pin SIMMs that ran at a lightning-fast 110ns!

Those were also the days when one megabyte of RAM cost you close to a C-bill.

Goodbye to the motherboard I bought to replace my burned system. Begone, you foul spawn of a nameless, corner-cutting, truth-bending, lemon-making shaky company. Is it that hard to detect a 10GB HDD that even a simple P2 300MHZ can boot from with ease?

GET THEE GONE, LEMON!!

Hello to my new MD recorders. I already love my "new to me" Sharp DR480, but the R50 hasn't really grown on me that much. I'll see if that changes, otherwise it's going to certainly go to a new home with a person who'll appreciate it more.

user posted image

I hope that Zombietycho enjoys his iPod as much as I'm enjoying this DR480.

I had FOUR MEGS OF RAM! 30-pin SIMMs that ran at a lightning-fast 110ns!

Those were also the days when one megabyte of RAM cost you close to a C-bill.

i've got one of a similar vintage on my keyring, with a dogtag style chain on a small loop.

love it, it's my lucky charm. i'll put a pic in my sig later

Looks like I might be selling the DS8 when I get back..just not seeing any use at all anymore now that I have a NH900. I hate to give up an Auvi, but once you go Hi-MD it's hard to look back.

goodbye ipod.

I don't got nothing to replace it except this Kenwood MD and I haven't used it since I got it a week ago. I wanna sell it but no one's interested. I wanna get an mp3 CD player or something..

Looks like I might be selling the DS8 when I get back..just not seeing any use at all anymore now that I have a NH900. I hate to give up an Auvi, but once you go Hi-MD it's hard to look back.

I looked back. smile.gif Not that I turned back, but I did give the Auvi a listen again and dang... I like it so much better than my NH1.

While we're doing hello's...

user posted image

Hello Vaio Pocket VGF-AP1L. biggrin.gif

dammn nice pic rumz

Hello Porta Corda MKII!!!!

Dang is this thing SEXAY!!! Makes my headphones sing like an angel, that rocks the party.

Too bad my purchased music from ITMS sounds crappy now!

Pics and review soon.

Coming real soon.... Sony CMT333NT Bookshelf NetMD/CD System... biggrin.gif

In order to finance this new extravagance, my trusty N510 will be up for sale. sad.gif

More news to come.

Belated hello to my Athlon 64 system with 512 MB of DDR, Firewire, USB 2, Nforce 3 chipset, capture card, DVD burner, crappy NVIDIA 5500 OC card, 80G HDD and a Sony Digital 8 camcorder to start Syrius Logicsoft productions, featuring my incredible stick figure dramas on DVD.

Goodbye to the donated R500. Make my friend happy with that long battery life, and uber-cool cobalt blue color. happy.gif

Edited by Syrius

I am welcoming my MZ-R910 T-Board and will be welcoming a MZ-E35 and AM-HX70 on the 25th.

Edited by D-EJ915

hi, havent been wandering around these forums much latley but i too have been braught to the darkside of hdd players ph34r.gif

im not exactly saying goodbye to my hi-md, but its not being used any more for my main listening pleasures, more for its other functions

thinking about getting one of the second gen hi mds though

so

--goodbye nh-600d--

--hello gen2 dell dj 20 --

so far ive been quite happy with this unit, works very well

I couldn't hold out. I need to record in SP darn it!

user posted image

My new to me MZ-N910 along with my trusty old D868s.

Click the pic to see a larger image. Thanks to ImageShak for photohosting.

a belated goodbye to my MZ-N10 -- it's been over a year since i had to sell it.

a welcoming hello to my 2nd MZ-E75 that i got on monday. the green one now has a twin sister!!!

Time to (hopefully) say goodbuy to my MZNH600D. I think ive got a buyer. On May 11 i should be saying hello to a brand new Dell DJ30. Cant wait.

goodbye money -- hello iPod mini!! the 2G 6GB in PINK!! woot! to echo what aeriyn said. iTunes is incredible; it puts SS to shame. and the sound is phenomenal. the sound from the eggos show their true colours. sound as clear as crystal. so awesome!