Why two forums: T-board and minidisc.org?

rauer

I have never considered it and I doubt it would occur. Why are there two forums? This forum was created by the webmaster to supplement discussion about news topics posted on the main site. There was no leadership or active administration here for a year. I stepped in, cleaned it up, and it has become a real forum.

The T-Board does not have active administration, and the FAQ's are outdated. It is it's own entity, and I wish not to participate in it's success. I post there enough to support it, the webmaster of that site can handle it on his own.

i wish t-board did have an active admin. kohn is much too busy with Audiocubes to maintain t-board on a regular basis. and in my opinion, the moderating team needs a big clean-up.

honestly, some of the new users on t-board (i'm not naming any names) are in itself just causing an overall havoc (posting, etc.) and it's just not the same compared to a few years back; i'm starting to question why i keep coming back.

^oh it has, it has.

the balance of t-board rests upon 2 active mods that are there nearly everyday. the rest of the moderating team usually pops in roughly either 2-3 times a week to nearly once/month. honestly, [the moderating team] clearly needs a drastic change. then again, that's up to kohn to decide that.

dont be surprised that t-board could turn into 'minidiscussion II'. dry.gif

honestly, some of the new users on t-board (i'm not naming any names) are in itself just causing an overall havoc...

Camille - Don't get me started. I've had enough of two specific users there.

Atrain - There's a lot of good people on the that forum, it just a couple of users who are making it bad for everyone. That's just my opinion though.

I sincerely hope that admin reigns it in and makes it strong again. There is no reason why there can't be two good forums that cover our favorite recording medium. As it is, I see this as the serious users forum and the other one as a fun place to visit and participate in various discussions about MD and other topics.

yeah i'd factor that figure up a little higher but i'll keep reading it.

i also think the mod team are only interested in patroling the playground

& not at all in keeping up to date ... one root of the 'fun' rather than informed

attitude of the place

but hey i hit 1000 over there without noticing - can't be entirely bad

... some of the new users on t-board (i'm not naming any names) are in itself just causing an overall havoc (posting, etc.)

I sincerly hope you guys aren't talking about me! unsure.gif

Well, in any case, I just decided I'd sign up here for good. Long time voyeur, first time poster! It's nice to see some familiar T-boarders here as well!

And I love what you've done with the forums, moltar, I mean, kurisu, chris or whatever your name is - that's what has enticed me to sign up! Before MDCF was just way too slow for me and my poor dialup internet connection. But now I think this forum rocks, and maybe, just maybe I might get used to an MD forum that isn't an ugly shade of yellow.

HI EVERYONE!

Edited by zerodB

And I love what you've done with the forums, moltar, I mean, kurisu, chris or whatever your name is - that's what has enticed me to sign up! Before MDCF was just way too slow for me and my poor dialup internet connection. But now I think this forum rocks, and maybe, just maybe I might get used to an MD forum that isn't an ugly shade of yellow.

HI EVERYONE!

Welcome to the forums. hi.gif

I wish I could take credit for this new forum system, but the members of this community paid for it. I will tweak it to the best of my ability, of course. wink.gif [hopefully not blowing anything up in the process]

Wow, welcome to the forums Ishiyoshi. hi.gif Whilst I am glad that a few of the people I knew well from the T-Board are here now, I am a bit saddened that things are deconstructing over there. It was never my intent to try and take members away, and I still believe that both can co-exist peacefully without the "rival board" sense. Nonetheless, it is exciting to see this place more active! biggrin.gif

I hope I get banned for being a mod over here, that would be so silly. I doubt either active mod is that ignorant though.

They'd have to boot the whole lot of us, I don't see it happening. The TBoard can still be a great resource to MD users, they've just got to get past this recent patch of craziness.

The TBoard can still be a great resource to MD users, they've just got to get past this recent patch of craziness.

Well said. There's indeed a wealth of informative resources within T-Board regarding MiniDisc. It's truly a shame that recent events continue to deteriorate its environment. The moderators by T-Board should launch an initiative that will streamline its structure somewhat.

When you use AIM or MSN messenger  I think, you can basically have an avatar that your IM buddies can see. AOL calls it a Buddy Icon.

Gotcha... I did employed my Avatar with MSN Messenger as well. By the way, I created/edited this Avatar when I first adopt the MiniDisc format - notice the blue N910 in my Avatar. biggrin.gif

Edited by Ishiyoshi