"email Warning"

Sharpo51

Today I logged in and got the following warning:

EMAIL WARNING

Your email address has been changed because it was in use by another account. This means that all email will NOT go to your correct email address - this could include lost password notifications, etc.

PLEASE change your email address immediately.

The account summary shows the correct address so I don't understand it.

What should I do?

BTW: The board changes the subject from "Email Warning" to "email Warning".

Edited by Sharpo51

I have that warning, but the e-mail address shown is the e-mail address I use :| I will change it and see what happens... brb

k changed it and the error message has gone away.

on e-mail addresses... if anyone wants a GMAIL ACCOUNT (1GB of storage) private message me and the 1st 6 people will get 1 tongue.gif

Edited by MZ-NH1

Thanks, but I still have the problem. No big problem really, but still the error message.

Try to enter a different email address and then change it back to your first one - that's how I dealt with the error message "That email address cannot be used as it is already in our records" to re-enter my original forum address.

Why is it that when I first go to the forum webpage it says "User Name" where the log in name goes and there is a "password" already there? It also says the time of my last visit???

All cookies are deleted at the end of a session. All temp files are deleted as well. Cache is deleted, etc, etc.

John

Why is it that when I first go to the forum webpage it says "User Name" where the log in name goes and there is a "password" already there?  It also says the time of my last visit???

All cookies are deleted at the end of a session.  All temp files are deleted as well.  Cache is deleted, etc, etc.

John

Is your actual username there or does it just say "User name"? If it says "Username", it's just an example so people understand that it's a login prompt. The last visit bit, if you're under guest mode, applies to all guests.

Is your actual username there or does it just say "User name"? If it says "Username", it's just an example so people understand that it's a login prompt. The last visit bit, if you're under guest mode, applies to all guests.

====================

It just says User Name. I guess what I was concerned about was that a password was there. These are troubling times on the internet.

Thanks Kurisu,

John