New Skin In The Works..

Do you like the new skin?  

1. 1. Do you like the new skin?

• Yes, it's keen and I want it now!
    • Yes, but it's a bit bland, make it great Kurisu!
    • No, too bland but probably better what we had before.
    • No, it's gross.

Hi,

I had an issue where I couldn't upload skins or languages, but I've fixed that [with the help of Daijoubu], and now I have complete control over the forums. Yay.

So, before I even purchased this new forum software, I'd been shopping around for skins [aka a different look] and found one that really caught my eye. I've loaded it into the forums, and you can select it by going to the bottom left of the forums and selecting "Rooq + MDCF" as the skin. Like I said, I have not modified this skin at all and would look a bit different after I'm done, but the overall look would be the same. Please try this skin out and give me your impressions.

The only small issue i have with the new skin (Rooq...), is that maybe the text that everyone writes, and what we see in the threads is a little too small. Apart from that I love this new look, I recon it's awsome! Especially the "Fast Reply, Add Reply".... buttons there very snazzy!

The only small issue i have with the new skin (Rooq...), is that maybe the text that everyone writes, and what we see in the threads is a little too small.  Apart from that I love this new look, I recon it's awsome!  Especially the "Fast Reply, Add Reply".... buttons there very snazzy!

You can adjust this in your browser settings. What internet browser do you use?

The font for messages is slightly small for such a light colour on a lighter background. Simply changing the text to black would go a long way in terms of readability.

Note that I'm using a calibrated 19" display at 1600*1200; improper [i.e. old-style] font sizes in html are much more noticeable like this. Proper styles [using points rather than pixels] work great, though.

Yeh, I am using Firefox, and yes I can adjust my screen font size tongue.gif, but since a couple of people have noted this small prob, maybe consider enlarging it 2 points?

Just letting you know, when I enlarge my font through Firefox, some of the scroll down menus don't fit when using the larger font size

Some of the icons on the home page, which let users know about new posts in a particular forum I find a little strange, like the star, and the right angled line... :S tongue.gif

Edited by MZ-NH1

Hi. Sorry but it doesn't do it for me. Yes the font and size is a bugger, but I immediately noticed the lack of contrast due to the almost grey-on-grey look. For me, the use of blue in the "old" skin helped my eyes organize things better.

So, given the way I was able to change skins, will we be given choices so as to personalize our own look? If I like the 'old' can I stay with that?

Yeah, after switching back and forth, the blue ("old") skin provides more depth perception and to me, seems more..... uh..... active, less static.

GREG

K, I don't think it's "gross" per se....

Edited by mgdimo

I haven't done much, but the new skin, "Rooq + MDCF" has been adjusted so the font is larger, which has made the text easier to read. Additionally, I added a new logo to it as well. I will play with it more later, but I actually like it enough to use it all the time.

I'm still waiting for my graphics designer to finish the logo for the blue theme, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

ohmy.gif!!!! What has happened!!

My skin has dissapeared!! There is now NO "Roq" Skin to chose for me!

And when I click "New Threads" it comes up saying error ohmy.gif:o

But I am sure this will be fixed asap tongue.gif

EDIT* Sorry about my post, for some reason, it didn't come up displaying that this thread had 2 pages. So I didn't see the admin's comments about the skin being taken down.

My apologies!

Maybe have the TOP Button a different colour, because I ALWAYS MISS it and end up scrolling up the whole page tongue.gif.... maybe have it more to the left and a different colour/image?

Edited by MZ-NH1

At first I didn't like it at all... But now i'm finding it's slowly growing on me.

I think you should put in the proper MDCF logo in at the top. The usernames could do with a bit of the bold tag, and some of the colours of the text on the buttons (ie. the black/white "Add Reply", "New Topic", etc.) is rather ugly, but I daresay, with a few more improvments, we'll have very nice looking board on our hands.

For the moment, I'll keep the new theme... smile.gif