Question: VAIO Pocket - Volume Boost?

Rate this question

iyareu

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a volume increase for the Vaio Pocket also?

:ol_rolleyes:

Welcome to ALC, iyareu.

To my knowledge, the VAIO Pocket for the European market does not have the volume limiter in accordance to EU Law. In addition, its service manual has no indication of the volume limiter as well. Unless you have information that it does, please let us know.

*Note: we would like to keep the thread: "Boost the volume of the NW-HD# series" strictly on topic, post moved.

If they're MP3s, you can use MP3Gain...increase the gain of the file...other than that theres not much you can do.

Thanks for the quick response.

If you say you can't find a limiter - I probably couldn't find it either so I'll take your word for it.

It doesn't play too quiet any way but I could always do with an extra bit of oomph.

I wear ambient noise cancelling headphones which help(an protect I am told).

Thanks again for the info!!

Hey all,

I was searching the net the last hours, an d I'm quite sure the European vaio pockets have a volume limiter, due to the fact of EU regulations I don't think sony can bring out a player without the volume cap.

In my opinion the player could be much louder - as I'm using it with my PXC 250s they don't bring half the power they could.

As far as I know most Sony products have a test/service mode - so there will be one for the vaio pocket as well...

I would be glad about any information how to solve the volume cap problem :ol_biggrin:

I was calling someone on the vaio pocket hotline today,and asked about the volume limiter,and yes there is one...

so I went on asking about how to get into service mode, as expected he could not answer because every call is monitored and he was afraid of losing his job...

We had some nice talk and after all I would say there is a possibility to shut down the volume limiter, but I still don't know how.

Any ideas ?