1 Gb Hi Md Recording @pcm Format

Rate this topic

Karmakoma

Hi this is my first post i have a MZ NHF800 so i want two know if anyone have made a 1 Gb recording with the pcm format you know cause in the manual says that when your making a long recording you should use your ac power adaptor since these operation consume a lot of power so with 1 duracell (new one) can i record an 1hr30min @ PCM????????

thanks

Edited by Karmakoma

I have made full disc-length recordings to HiMD using a single alkaline AA battery on my NH700.

The most important thing to remember is basically to start with a fresh battery. Using good batteries is also a good idea. It goes without saying that the battery you're using has to have enough life in it to run that long from the start.

so is this the best way to record a live performance? i mean, im guessing this is the best quailty. whats the best thing to do when you know the concert will be a little over 2 hours? should i leave it on best quailty and change discs after about an hour and a half, or should i lower the quailty so i can fit the whole show on one disc? do you really tell a difference if you lower the quailty a hair?

so is this the best way to record a live performance? i mean, im guessing this is the best quailty. whats the best thing to do when you know the concert will be a little over 2 hours? should i leave it on best quailty and change discs after about an hour and a half, or should i lower the quailty so i can fit the whole show on one disc? do you really tell a difference if you lower the quailty a hair?

This depends on the complexity of what you're recording - some things compress more easily [with fewer artifacts] than others. For most music I would choose to go with PCM if at all possible. Yes, it would often mean changing discs.

I usually record in HiSP. For picking up everyday sounds, snippets of conversation [with permission of course], interviews, &c. HiSP is great.

I have used HiSP for recording sitar to no ill effect [though it was in mono].

I suppose it depends on how important the recording is to you; PCM is there so you can have an unadulterated first generation. HiSP comes in handy when you know that changing discs is an impossibility [because, say, the recorder is hidden in your jacket or something] or when you simply don't have all the blank media you need with you.

I have yet to use HiLP for anything other than testing purposes.