Simple Hi-MD Music Structure Reader + Sources

Rate this topic

alexoft

hi, i wrote simple Hi-MD music structure reader

http://home.graffiti.net/alexoft/himd_idx.zip

user posted image

This program extracts audio data information from Sony's index file TrkidxXX.hma which is located in YOUR_HIMD:\Hmdhifi folder.

1) start the himd_idx.exe (you can find it in attachment)

2) press "Run" button

3) select TrkidxXX.hma from your HiMD.(you need connect your player to PC using USB cable)

4) select output rtf file.

Program was tested on WinXP.

In case if you recorded tracks from mic(line in) some problems might be occur.

... ok, sources for Delphi7 -> himd_idx_src.zip wink.gif

himd_idx.zip

himd_idx_src.zip

Edited by alexoft

Hey that's cool. I will try this at home tonight.

So, it simply list the audio tracks in a text format?

The problems occur when you use the mic in or the line in? Or both?

So that means this only works when you recorded something from SS via USB? I'm interested and confused. Thanks for more info and thanks for making something like this, even if it is very beta.

So, it simply list the audio tracks in a text format? 

actually these are two files:

a) in "Rich Text Format" -to print it & place in the HiMD box biggrin.gif

2) in "CSV" format - to make own music database using Microsoft EXCEL

The problems occur when you use the mic in or the line in?  Or both?

So that means this only works when you recorded something from SS via USB? 

When you use the mic in or the line in extracted information might be wrong sad.gif

I use this program for my music collection compiled on PC from mp3 or wav sources.

user posted image

This program extracts audio data information from Sony's index file TrkidxXX.hma which is located in YOUR_HIMD:\Hmdhifi folder.

1) start the himd_idx.exe (you can find it in http://home.graffiti.net/alexoft/himd_idx.zip)

2) press "Run" button

3) select TrkidxXX.hma from your HiMD.(you need connect your player to PC using USB cable)

I am a bit new to this. Am I correct in assuming that this structure reader would be useful if one wanted to import music files from another library (such as realplayer- where the files are already well named as to track title/albumetc) into sonic stage. ... so that you don't have to re-identify all those files as you are importing.?

or do I have it all wrong...?

I am a bit new to this.  Am I correct in assuming that this structure reader would be useful if one wanted to import music files from another library (such as realplayer- where the files are already well named as to track title/albumetc) into sonic stage. ... so that you don't have to re-identify all those files as you are importing.?

or do I have it all wrong...?

It just reads the titles so you can catalogue what is on your discs [and perhaps print nice covers for them.

I haven't tried it yet, but tentatively: nice work, alexoft.

Just curious, but could you pass the information you have about the structure of the hi-md files (or post your source code)?

I'm sorry , I can't publish this source code.

The program is a "freeware".

... There are some features which you can change in the Windows regestry (after first running the program will keep settings in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AleXoft\HiMD] key).

Slick little program you have here. I like the CSV output. A quick test showed it to work well. I had a couple titles with semi colons or something my spreadsheet app thought was a field delimiter, but wasn't. Oh well. Kind of a neat way to catalog Hi-MD discs, though. Too bad there isn't an easy way to do this for standard MD discs (for that collection I have of those.)

Thanks for your work on this!

alexoft,

Nice job. I have been working on the same idea and I noticed that you have the same problem I had:

Songs outside a group folder are actually listed within the next available Group.

Do a simple experiment:

Group 1

Song 1

Song 2

Song 3 (outside a group)

Group 2

Song 4

Song 5

With your code (and mine too), Song 3 appears as belonging to Group 2

I haven't found a way to ID correctly each song with the proper Group. I and not sure about where to look for this information.

Please share information if you can.

Cheers

I don't get it, why can't you open your source code ?

(It almost seems that you are working for Sony :P (kidding))

As I said I was trying to save tracks from the hi-md back that you erased from your harddisk by accident, but i still have troubles with own recorded material that's on the same disk and when tracks are in a different order than originally. I had the impression I found some info that could help you with the 'group problem'. Not sure though, but when I have my information with me at the end of the week I will let you know if it can be useful.

For me, any info that helps linking the audio to the right trackname (and key etc.) would be very useful.

I will then try to post anything I found out (via internet and of my own experience) so far.

Can you give me more information on exactly what this accomplishes?  I would really like to transfer live (mic-in) recorded data digitally, rather than analog, but Sony's built in copyright protection prevents any transfer except analog.

You can transfer your own analog recordings digitally in sonicstage, (1 time only, so don't start formatting your harddrive afterwards). But it is impossible to copy the data off the minidisc because it's encrypted.

I wrote a little tool that can save tracks that you put on your md via sonicstage (not simpleburner), back to your computer. If you delete oma files from the library and from the harddisk from within Sonicstage, you can copy it again from your Hi-MD to your harddisk.

EDIT 25/03/2005:

- I FIXED A MAJOR BUG (half of the saved tracks would play, and the other half wouldn't). Sorry to all people who tried it and thought it didn't work. This one worked for all (about 60) files I tested.

[attachmentid=145]

Usage:

himd-xtract srcPath dstPath [-l | -g | -c | -a | -s <tracklist>]

* When no options are given the program checks if there's an ini-file containing sourcepath\ on the 1st line and destinationpath\ on the 2nd.

* -l: Same as no options but with some screen optimization, list all tracks.

* -g: List all groups.

* -c: List all tracks, comma separated.

* -s <tracklist>: save tracks in tracklist (example: 2 5 6..12 14 16..19).

* -a: save all tracks

Examples:

himd-xtract "g:\hmdhifi" "c:\temp" -l will list all the tracks that are on your hi-md (which is disk g: in this case). If the list is too long to fit on 1 screen, use

himd-xtract "g:\hmdhifi" "c:\temp" -l | more

himd-xtract "g:\hmdhifi" "c:\temp" -s 3 15..19 will save tracks 3 and tracks 15 to 19 from your hi-md to the c:\temp\ folder

- BTW: this program can do almost the same as himd_idx if you use it like this, and it has no problems with analog recordings. This will save the track-info to a text-file called c:\mds.txt, and assumes that your himd disk has drive-letter g:.

himd-xtract g:\hmdhifi c: > c:\mds.txt
If you want the next disk added to the same file, change the disks and then type
   himd-xtract g:\hmdhifi c: >> c:\mds.txt
For a comma separated file, type:
   himd-xtract g:\hmdhifi c: -c > c:\mds.csv

HIMD_Xtract_0.05b.zip

Edited by fishstyc

biggrin.gif

GREAT!

I've tested! It works! With this i can put on sonicstage library tracks that it refused to put due to the DRM. Very good work!

This is a great step!

After Marc's HIMDRenderer, this one is another important step!

You guys should join together! Using this tool with Marc's one, it's possible to download a track from any hi-md and convert it to wav / mp3, without passing throgh SonicStage! tongue.gif

Next step is upload!

Good Work!

Its not as easy as that. With tracks you've recorded yourself (ie: they didnt originate from SS or Simpleburner) there is no DRM info. HIMDRenderer wont be able to convert them because the Sony DLL's it uses refuses to load the file due to the lack of this DRM info.

Further more, the encrypted audio data of such material differs from the audio data in the resultant OMA file that SonicStage produces after upload. This means that SonicStage decrypts the HIMD audio, re-encrypts it and stroes the DRM info of the new re-enctpyted version. So attempting to restore from the HIMD data would result in failure since the encryption keys differ (and hence the DRM info) between the HIMD version and the OMA version.

biggrin.gif

GREAT!

I've tested! It works! With this i can put on sonicstage library tracks that it refused to put due to the DRM. Very good work!

This is a great step!

After Marc's HIMDRenderer, this one is another important step!

You guys should join together! Using this tool with Marc's one,  it's possible to download a track from any hi-md and convert it to wav / mp3, without passing throgh SonicStage! tongue.gif

Next step is upload!

Good Work!

I wrote a little tool that can save tracks that you put on your md via sonicstage back to your computer. I still need to make a function that will also fill in trackname etc in the oma file. And I should cut off the zeroes at the end, but the files will play. I have also changed the order of tracks on the md, and I think this should work, but any comments are welcome.

I still need to find out how i can see if an analog recording has no trackname yet, because otherwise tracks will end up with the wrong filename. Anyone knows how to do that?

I tried running the HIMD-Xtract but I get a "This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi

I think that you need de C++ Runtime libraries from Microsoft (MSVCP71.dll), if yopu have installed yahoo messenger, the MSVCP71.dll is in the yahoo install directory.

copy the MSVCP71.dll in the same folder of the application and it must be work

JaimeS

I tried running the HIMD-Xtract but I get a "This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Am I doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

user posted image

1) start the himd_idx.exe (you can find it in attachment)

2) press "Run" button

... ok, sources for Delphi7 -> himd_idx_src.zip  wink.gif

I have more than one btw:

"TRKIDX04.HMA" and "TRKIDX05.HMA" and so on...

at my hi-MD that gives me an error in the Himd_idx.exe ...

is where any fix/tip outside?

Edited by schnitt

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Can't get HiMD idx to work on my Win98SE system, I get an error message saying there is data recorded on the Hi MD and that some errors will occur. At this stage I click Abort, just to be safe.

Neither can I get HiMD Xtract 0.05b to work, a DOS window pops up for half a second then the program quits.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

fishstyc: as fredpb, i cant get it to work with windows98SE either. Any clues ?.

I didn't test it on Win98, only XP.

2 things I know of are needed to make it work.

- ".NET framework 1.1" has to be installed...

- mfc71.dll can be found at www.dll-files.com

I don't know if .NET framework 1.1 exists for Win98...

Good luck, and sorry for the late reply :) I didn't see the message earlier...

• 1 month later...

Is there a similar program for NetMD or will this one work? Looks like Tjerk asked the same question some posts back and never got an answer. I would assume that the file that this program is parsing has a different name and maybe structure on a non-Hi MD, but I don't know.

Edited by lingenfr

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a similar program for NetMD or will this one work? Looks like Tjerk asked the same question some posts back and never got an answer. I would assume that the file that this program is parsing has a different name and maybe structure on a non-Hi MD, but I don't know.

Read the NetMD FAQs

Uploading is impossible with NetMD.

Read the NetMD FAQs

Uploading is impossible with NetMD.

why this post fishtyc? the program discussed in this thread isn't connected to uploading at all... it reads the structure (TOC) of a disc and turns it into a readable format so you get a list of what's on your disc...or as MrSoul said it

So, it simply list the audio tracks in a text format

I don't see why this would need uploading ability... it is simply a simpler way to catalogue what's on your discs

but as for the original question from lingenfr... I'm afraid I dunno