Sony Insider Forums
marcnet

Himdlister

Rate this topic

Hello.

I finally tried Hi-MD Lister 0.4. Nice software, thanks for sharing it.

I would like to point out something that looks like a really small bug. When I export the text list (I ask to list only groups), the 5th group is listed again and again at the end of the text file for about 50-60 times. Thus there are about 50-60 exceeding lines, that are just a repeated clone of the 5th line of the list. It is not really a problem, because with Notepad I can edit the file and delete those exceeding lines. However, I just wanted to let you know this fact in case you plan in future to build a new version of the lister.

Hello.

I finally tried Hi-MD Lister 0.4. Nice software, thanks for sharing it.

I would like to point out something that looks like a really small bug. When I export the text list (I ask to list only groups), the 5th group is listed again and again at the end of the text file for about 50-60 times. Thus there are about 50-60 exceeding lines, that are just a repeated clone of the 5th line of the list. It is not really a problem, because with Notepad I can edit the file and delete those exceeding lines. However, I just wanted to let you know this fact in case you plan in future to build a new version of the lister.

Now that I've read this: I experienced the same and thought I did something wrong here... So Corien is not the only one bugged by this.

Now that I've read this: I experienced the same and thought I did something wrong here... So Corien is not the only one bugged by this.

My bad. It is a bug. Ill get it fixed. smile.gif

Also, Im putting HIMDLister into HIMDRenderer, so there will be a HIMDRenderer release soon and possibily no HIMDLister release.

Hi there --mostly it works --but just a little niggle

Could you have an option to list the track number OF THE GROUP as well / instead of the entre number of tracks on the MD (especially for 1GB discs where you might in HI-SP mode have 7 or 8 CD's on a disc (more if you are using lower bit rates

nice work otherwise and it's easy to get into a spreadsheet --

Don't forget the CR or CRLF at the end of each line !!!!!

Cheers

-K

Well, I find it's handy for printing out cover sheets of the tracks on your Hi-MD disks, rather than trying to guess what's on them - easy to forget the contents if they've been lying in a drawer for several months... or you could store track lists in an excel or word document to catalogue your collection or download it to your favourite PDA and so on.. or show the list off to your friends to compare notes... the list of applications is (almost) endless...

cool.gif First post on this forum, so hiya! I've been using MD players/recorders since they were $800 and made of metal. But never have I been able to print out a label. Great program, but how do you use it? It won't save anything to a text file(it's just empty.) What am I doing wrong?

Use the 16 or so selection boxes to select what you want each track of the listing to contain. If you select a track in the actual track list then an example of what the track list will look like will be displayed at the bottom of the window.

Remeber to select 'CRLF' for the last option you choose, otherwise all tracks will be on one line!

Use the 16 or so selection boxes to select what you want each track of the listing to contain. If you select a track in the actual track list then an example of what the track list will look like will be displayed at the bottom of the window.

Remeber to select 'CRLF' for the last option you choose, otherwise all tracks will be on one line!

Thanks i finally figured it out! smile.gif

Thanks for this utility, Marc...I am sooooo easily amused by cool stuff like this... :D

After almost a year, I just started using Himdlister to put my numerous MD song lists into a database on my Palm PDA, using SmartList To Go (www.dataviz.com). It works fabulously...sortable by any field to find your tunes, albums, etc.

1. Created an output text document for each Disc# in Himdlister with title, artist and album...with a -tab- in between each.

2. Created a new Smartlist (database) on my desktop Smartlist To Go application, with four fields...i.e. the above 3, plus Disc#.

3. Set the default value for the Disc# field to whichever disc # I am importing.

4. Import each tab-delimited text file one at a time...map the fields...it imports your text file and automatically assigns the correct disc # based on the default # you set for that import job.

5. Repeat for any new discs you record.

...oh, I forgot: whoooo-hoooo!

Edited by smkranz