Alternative PSP Headphones with remote control?

Rate this question

therock003

Question

6 answers to this question

Other than the packaged sony ones what others can we find?I'm looking esepecially for controllers like the minidscs have with the led display of the tracks and stuff.Does such controller exist for PSP?

Sorry, the only remote that will work with the PSP is its official bundled PSP-120 or the optional black PSP-140B remote. This is because the PSP's remote socket requires a three-pin type plug whereas all other MD remotes employ a four-pin type plug.

I don't think there will ever be a converter plug so to speak nor a LCD remote for the PSP.

Yes i dont think sony will release another remote for it either although i would very much like them to do so as the standard remote is,well, tacky to say the least.

First off if you want the remote in a black colour, you do not need to go third party to do so. You can get a Sony PSP remote in black, unsure of avalability in stores outside of Japan but can be ordered from sites like Lik-Sang. Model number is PSP-140B:

http://www.playstation.jp/products/peripheral/psp.html

Then there is the third party remote from Griffin, that company that makes Apple accessories. Very similar idea to those MD radio remotes. Basicly adds FM tuning capability, which is cool, but would still rather have an official Sony remote that does this instead. It's called the iFM PSP:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/ifmpsp/index.php

Edited by finalcoolman