Another Onkyo Hi-md Bookshelf, But..

Christopher

So, you know, another Onyko bookshelf reported by av-watch, but something is afoot..

[attachmentid=262]

Looks the usual, but the back..

[attachmentid=263]

[dubbed X-N9]

Hmm. Yum. Who needs USB, anyway. Pretty much everything you need for home, approaching deck-like functionality and enhanced ATRAC recording/playback.

It looks to be hella expensive. There's actually another clone model called the X-N7, but it has lesser quality speakers [in sound, construction]. The individual wide amplifier technology "WRAT" within the amplifier allows "the super high pass which exceeds 100kHz". 14W×2ch (8 Ω time). It really works because of the in/out potential there, however..205×356×147mm, no *.mp3 compatibility, and can do 2x CD to MD dubs along with the rest of the ATRAC3/plus family.

The price, however, is steep [at least to Americans, as they'll have to import]:

The X-N9 will run at least $850 - 900 at bluetin [if they decide to carry it] or even $1,000 at a store like Audiocubes. The lesser model [with no difference in hardware, just speakers] will still run for $750 - 800.

p.s. One last note; this bookshelf is compatible with an iPod accessory made by Onkyo, called the DS-A1.

[attachmentid=260]

[attachmentid=261]

[ed. note - last time I'll use an iPod in a news bit, promise]

Two portable devices in harmony? wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Looks very nice, will have to keep a look out for it.

With the I-pod thingey, will you be able to go I-poe to Mini Disc, and vice-versa?

Don't really like I=pods, but would be neat to trade music forth and back!!

ohmy.gifohmy.gif