Live Recording Archive Now Available For Members!

Rate this topic

Christopher

Hello,

I just wanted to announce that if you're a registered user of the forums, not only do you get access to our downloads section, the gallery, but also the live recording archive within the gallery! Hear our recording efforts or contribute your own and participate in one of the best communities around. ;)

To access the Live Recording Archive, just visit: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=m...md=sc&cat=2

Feel free to upload any recordings you wish! Just create a new album and upload away.

Members have the option of 3 galleries with 20 media files each.

--------

Live Recordings upload guide by greenmachine:

1) Locate and click the 'Live Recordings' button.

[attachmentid=1074]

2) Locate and click the category which fits best for your sample, for example 'Music'.

[attachmentid=1075]

3) Locate and click the 'New Album' button.

[attachmentid=1076]

4) The 'Album Manager' will appear and ask you fill out 'Album Name' and Album Desctiption'. Be sure to check the 'Public' box if you want to make the album viewable for others. Once you're done, click the 'Create Album' button.

[attachmentid=1077]

You will be directed to an overview of your current albums.

- Alternatively, you can access your existing albums from the main page by clicking 'My Controls' -> 'Your Albums' and start from there if you've already created at least one album previously.

5) From an album of your choice, select either 'Upload Image' or 'Bulk Upload' from the drop-down menu.

[attachmentid=1078]

6a) If you have selected 'Upload Image', you will be asked for the 'Caption' and an optional description, where you can specify details of your recording. Once you're done, select the file to upload and click 'Post Image'. Wait until it's done - there's no progress indicator - it depends mainly on the file size and the upload speed of your connection how long it'll take until it's finished. Once it's done, you'll be redirected to your album overview page. Don't click any other buttons until it's done.

[attachmentid=1079]

6b) If you have selected 'Bulk upload', a page will appear where you can batch upload up to 10 files. Specify the file(s) and click 'Post Multiple Files'. There's no way to enter a description in this mode - you can edit it afterwards though. Again, it's important to wait until it's done. If you want to continue reading MDCF while uploading, you need to open a new window in order not to interrupt the process.

[attachmentid=1080]

At this point i also want to encourage everyone to share.

post-6863-1131545496_thumb.png

post-6863-1131545620_thumb.png

post-6863-1131545716_thumb.png

post-6863-1131547281_thumb.jpg

post-6863-1131547629_thumb.png

post-6863-1131548114_thumb.jpg

post-6863-1131548156_thumb.jpg

Feel free to upload any recordings you wish!

Regardless of copyright? Usually site providers restrict such uploads to very short segments of audio provided as technical examples (as "fair use"), to avoid being prosecuted if someone posts a work or a performance that they don't have copyright clearance for. Hopefully you've got this angle covered with the benefit of proper advice. I love this site and would hate to see any heavy handed mob shut it down!

Dex, the simultanous announcement you've posted is a neat bit of mind reading!

Apart from the aspect of whether the performers are happy to be posted, there's also the matter of the permission of the holders of the copyright in the works performed.

I don't claim to be an expert in all of this, but I've been in the industry long enough to know it's a minefield!

There are more issues, for example I seem to have to rate my own file before I can view the results...

Please consider my nagging as constructive criticism, it's a great forum with great people here...

Edited by greenmachine

• 6 months later...

PerhaPS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO UPLOAD TO THE GALLERY MIGHT HELP DUMMIES LIKE ME. Oops, sorry for the shouting. For instance, maybe everybody doesn't know you have to go to My Controls > my albums to be able to upload. Took me a while to figure it out.

I selected my track to upload from Sonic Stool, 'rendered' it. It came out as xxx.wav.mp3. Is the wav part a problem? Tried to upload it to the gallery, but no go. Where'd I go wrong?

• 2 months later...

Upload from HiMD. You get a copy protected OMA.

Convert to the same bitrate, but with "add copy protection" cleared.

You get a copy! with no protection.

I was pleasantly surprised by that.

But all the above isn't applicable to optical input recordings (possible only with conversion to another bitrate).

The unprotected atrac3plus files can also be played in windows media player, sorry if this is off topic but I just discovered this a min ago!

The unprotected atrac3plus files can also be played in windows media player

I would guess that Windows Media Player is getting its ATRAC codecs from SonicStage, so SS would have to be installed too. I'd rather post high-bitrate mp3s, so people considering MD who don't have SonicStage can hear how they sound.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi

To access the Live Recording Archive, just visit: <a href="http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=sc&cat=2" target="_blank">http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=m...md=sc&cat=2</a>

Trying to access the Live Recording Archive but link above doesn't work.

Am I missing something?

Can anyone help?

Do I just have to be patient while things are being set up?

Looking forward to being able to re-access the archive of live recordings.

Anne

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 years later...