What are you up to.........Sony ?

Rate this question

Anthony

Question

Having found this little device in the Sony Summer catalogue I decided I wanted one................

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hfs-cradle-a...system/vrc-nw10

"Excellent" I thought, for recording direct to Walkman and viewing on the move. So, I contacted my local Sony Centre requesting them to order one for me ( I knew they wouldn't have it in stock). After a week of silence I contacted them again only to be told that Sony doesn't actually have the item at all. I explained that it is on their website AND the current catalogue. The reply was that it didn't actually make it to mass production. Unhappy with this I decided to ring my local support no. ( Ireland) only to find myself transferred to a call centre which I presume is on the other side of the world, as all call centres are these days. The operator hadn't got the faintest idea what I was on about, not to mind being able to actually help me.

Yet another case of awful customer service from Sony. Why on earth advertise such an excellent accessory and then make it impossible to actually get one.......GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

and SONY if you do read this ( unlikely, I know) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSE make it easier for consumers to get support for your products.

4 answers to this question

Christopher,

I'd really appreciate if somebody could tell me if this item is official or not, and if so where I can get one. I can't see why this is such a problem, Archos and a few more provide these cradles almost as standard issue these days. It is an obvious evolutionary step that Sony would manufacture these as a compliment to video walkman.