About Nh1 And Rh10..

Rate this topic

fayth

recently my mz-n707 seemed to have lost its recording abilities, and i dont want to spend so much money repairing it, so i am now thinking of getting a new md. If i were to buy one, i would probably choose a hi-md one, but it really confuses with all the models.

for now, i have my eyes set on rh10 and nh1

what are the differences between these two? i am not clear of what different models offer, like if they differ in sound quality (priority) , or some other things i dont know of.

I don't have real special uses for it, but i want the hi-md to be able to play and edit/record to old standard mds(through optical line in)because i still have empty discs that i would like to record.

and also i dont get the reformat thing; do you have to reformat a md to record on it? or does that just give you a bigger space to record? sinnce i still have my mz-n707 that could be used as a player, i would still like to be able to play mds from it.

i'm looking for somethin not too expensive, and the rh10 is really costly, so i think its out of the calibre, but i was thinkin about it cuz i kno that i could record on old standard mds. So i would consider other models that could do the same, and maybe have a lower price.

i wish i could get some recommendations from ppls, and suggest me some models that i could consider.

thanks in advance

Edited by fayth

Check out these threads: MZ-NH1 against MZ-RH10 and RH10 vs NH1 to find out the differences between the MZ-NH1 and MZ-RH10. I personally prefer the NH1 it's slimmer and it can record an play both the standard MD and new Hi-MD modes whereas the RH10 can only record the new Hi-MD mode with opt in.

The NH1 also includes a date-time stamp and comes with the three line remote RM-MC40ELK. The prices for the NH1 will fall as it's replaced by the RH10.

Cheaper Hi-MD units are the MZ-NH 600, just don't get the 600D it lacks the line in and a DC in but of course the MZ-NH900 and MZ-NH1 have a much better sound quality and have an aluminium and magnesium body instead of plastic.

Great non Hi-MD units are for example the MZ-R900 with MDLP function, as well as the MZ-R909, which includes the group function. But I would suggest you get yourself a Hi-MD unit for much more music!

You use the format function to make a standard 80 min disc a Hi-MD disc with twice the storage and formatting a 1 GB Hi-MD disc will erase all the data you already have on the disc.

Edited by minidisc_fan

I would also recommend the NH1, I've had mine a few months, and am amazed at it's solid build.

My 707 lost it's ability to record, the NH1 is miles above it.

Get it while you can,, order an extra battery while you are at it, unless there is somplace in your locality that has them. I get a good two days listening out of mine.

Bob

Wow guys thanks a lot that really helps me, now i kno what i should be getting

i was just wonderin, how much are nh1s now? i looked on ebay and they're like 200-300 bucks, how much should i be lookin for on these if i wanted to get a pretty cheap price for it?

that's very cheap

several units were sold (and are still being sold), most of them even below 160 euros. cheapoooooooooo!

it has an internal battery which is rechargeable. it's a lithium-ion with maximum 17 hours of playback (which is rather low compared to other units)

Yes, it uses the LIP 4WM. Everything you need is supplied when you buy it, the NH1, headphones, the charging stand, the three line remote, USB cable, digital cable, carrying pouch, an adaptor, manuals, one blank GB disc, including one LIP 4WM battery. Depending on how much you will use the recorder, the battery will last approximately 3 years until the battery life becomes half of which it normally was. The NH1 comes with a charging stand, which does not have an USB port (a USB cable is supplied separately) and the recorder can only be charged using the battery charging stand, that is the NH1 doesn't have a DC plug on the device, like other models, so you need to take the charging stand with you when you travel.

The USB port of the NH1 is also the port through which it charges when placed in the battery charging stand.

I personally think, they could have made more out of the battery charging stand.

However, I think the NH1 is the best Hi-MD recorder available.

Check out this thread: Pictures of the NH1 it has some great pictures of the NH1.

wow it certainly comes with lots of things

i remember when i bought my mz-n707 it didnt have a carrying pouch, or a digital cable

and more questions from me XD but i think this will be the lsat

do i have to look out for Japanese units instead of US units

like on the rh-10 the japanese unit comes with a lot more accessories, and it could display chinese characters

i would be having things that would need displaying(chinese characters), so would it be possible for the nh1 if i were to find a japanese unit? or it cant be done at all?

Edited by fayth