MZ-RH10 & Mp3 Playback

Rate this topic

Qwakrz

WMA has a "lossless" (oxymoron alert!) mode, MP3 does not.

It's a whole other codec, just made by MS and has a the wma extension.

How many people download a seperate compressor for music when free Windows Media Player (10) can do MP3 and WMA? Also, with WMA being Windows only, I guess that that means only 95-96% of the computer market can use it then.

Probably less than 1% of the market uses MD's recording functionality. Does that make it superfluous?

DVD was once 0% of the market. Look where aggresive marketing brought it. If Sony couples a whole new codec with it's product, they best can use the best available, now can't they? It's even the most compatible one (of course I'm talking of OGG Vorbis here).

Go out and ask Joe Blow what OGG Vorbis is and they'll probably look at you weird.

Just like Joe did when you asked him of DVD 10 years ago.

AAC is basically Apple's version of ATRAC,

What kind of bullsh*t is that? AAC is an audio standard created by the MPEG group and the only thing Apple has done is make it standard on it's hardware.

It's not even subjective; MP3 sounds crap, end of story.

Please... Go rant somewhere else with your imbicile factual knowledge.

It's only real use is on file-sharing networks and music download sites which screw the people too stupid to demand a better file type and compression ratio or a WAV option.

That probably why every and any digital audio player supports MP3. Hey, that same Joe probably doesn't know about digital audio players and has only heard of MP3 players. With Joe, music on computers equal MP3.

ipod nanos are much more user friendly just from the fact that itunes is more intuitive than sonicstage is

abso-bloody-lutely.

Edited by Breepee2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I just picked up an RH10, and given my NH600D to my girlfriend.

I want to be able to create MD's on my RH10 that are playable on the NH600D. I've chosen ATRAC3 132kbps as the bit rate. Most of my MP3's are 128kbps, with some 192kbps.

Unfortunately, my RH10 transfers the 128kbps MP3's without any conversion. Since they're still in MP3 format, they can't be played on the NH600D.

If I select Hi-LP mode, then Sonicstage will convert them, presumably because of the lower bitrate.

Is there any way of forcing Sonicstage to transfer a huge selection of MP3's and force it to convert them? I've figured out how to do it one track at a time, but that's really not an option for huge playlists"

hi...

why not try to increase bit rate of mp3 so its above 128 kbps so that conversion to atrac is possible...do this before importing into ss library...

DVD was once 0% of the market. Look where aggresive marketing brought it.

Aggressive Marketing? Okay, I'll just forget that, with DVD, you never have to rewind, the quality doesn't degrade for YEARS, the discs, and thus the casing, are a lot smaller than VHS and DVD's support 5.1. DVD is popular, despite the fact that set-top recorders are still well out of price range for most people, because it is SO EASY TO USE.

What kind of bullsh*t is that? AAC is an audio standard created by the MPEG group and the only thing Apple has done is make it standard on it's hardware.

Perhaps you misinterpreted. iPod's are the only portable audio player in the consumer market that use AAC, much the same as how Hi-MD's are the only portable audio players that use ATRAC/3.

Please... Go rant somewhere else with your imbicile factual knowledge.

Aww, did the truth hurt your feelings? Don't worry, one day you'll actually appreciate the good sound quality that MP3 will NEVER provide.