Sony Insider Forums
J.u.n.k.e.r.

What are you listening to right now?

Rate this question

Question

We talk about our gear and how to use it correctly, but what do we listen to with our gear?

I'll start us out. I've been listening to a custom mix made for me by a guy at the TBoard. Here's the tracklist.

Super Chicks (title)

01. eye - madvillian feat. stacey epps

02. moon dreams - airto/flora purim

03. ya ma le - gimmicks

04. all that we percieve - thievery corporation feat. pam bricker

05. african challenge - zoot simms

06. why i came to california - leon ware

07. theme de yoyo - art ensemble of chicago w/fontella bass

08. oh bondage, up yours! - x-ray spex

09. philosophy of the world - the shaggs

10. hello stranger - the carter family

11. your love is mine - holly golightly

12. lets live for the present - continental coets

13. lets take a walk on the moon - lucia pamela

14. monkey goes to the moon - christine shields

15. untitled - madlib

16. bialero - sonny & linda sharrock

17. upside down - fela anikulapo kuti+the africa 70 w/sandra akanka isidore

18. outer spaceways inc. - sun ra w/june tyson

19. we travel the spaceways(seg.) - sun ra

So what's in your MD?

2,095 answers to this question

Listening to a Greek band, closest translation of the name is Termites, live album called I Sinavlea, great music, sort of a Greek Pink Floyd/Genesis kind of band

Bob

BTW a youtube link, not on the album, but nice

another BTW, this song is on the album, would love to see them, wonder if they're coming to Little Cayman !

listening ti all my remxes i made and put into my ZUne - this is funner than "Normal" music -

was listening to my Hi-MD900#1 before - though - and still love it - but - i NEVER change the disc in it and sometimes i NEED a variety -

The Zune gives me variety - as long as i stay off Zune Marketplace which aggravates me to no end - You Tube is my main source of music now - and will go "Fishing" for more tonight when the Moon cones up -

i am especially enjoying my remix of Prince's "No News is Good News" - where i took out ALL the Vocals and ended up with this GREAT instrumental piece of art - but some ppl may think of it as nothing -

that's why i live my life laughing at the world and it's sillyness -

Listening to a couple of exceptional remixes of Rick Wakeman, Jethro Tull, and Kraftwerk, fabulous rework,thanks you know who!!

Bob

Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight

Next one seems to be Mirin - Silly-Go-Round (Exit trance version, to be precise)

LISTENING to this NEW band (Ernie and the Automatics) that played LAST NIGHT in Foxboro- Ma and someone recorded thim and put it on the internet - and this guy/store (which i will not indulge) downloaded it - and played it when i went to his store - i liked it and he made me a fax of it -

these guys are local guys - but one is the Sax player form the Beaver Brown band whech was in the move (mmmm -forgot the movie) - oh -( Eddie and the Cruisers ) -

Ernie is Ernie Bach JR - who owns a car dealer here in Providence area - and is FAMOUS for his and his father's "Come on Dow" radio commercials -

the drummer is from a famous national band and the guitarist - i think is Joe Sambouka - or something like that - yous know - the Famous guy - the great guitarist - the Father of all inventions on the guitar -

maybe i can google them - but - at least i have THE audio of last night's concert already - what a great day -

footnote and i also bought the Rolling stones LIVE (I-Max) DVD for tonight - after Ernie and the automatics - (get it - Automatics - Car Dealer - automatics ??!!) -

this has been a good day - as i am already LISTENING to it - and LOVING it - the sax and gtr solos are AMAZZING !!!!

footnote#2 - you know - now that i think of it - i may have some of the facts mixed up - we DID talk about TWO bands -

LoExCD.png

Edited by rayzray

I've discovered Chad VanGaalen and am enjoying his music immensely, it has that lofi feeling that instantly gives away that he records everything himself in his basement.. It's pretty inspiring, I love music that makes you think "hey, I can do that too!"

With this being the Easter weekend, I went back about 40 years and have been listening to Jesus Christ Superstar, good musical memories.

Bob

Listening to two new ones, Hurricane by Grace Jones, fabulous, this lady is incredible, but why do poseurs like beyonce sell more music than a true talnet and artist like Grace. The othe is zombielicious by Zombie Nation, more fune, but nothing on it like kerncraft 400.

listening to WILCO "Blue Sky Blue".

Originally recorded analog from Sony DVP-S7000 to MDS JB930. Great Album.

Listening to the Jimmy Herring Band recorded on 5/10/09 and posted on etree, as are several recent dates by this band. Jazz heavy Greg Osby is part of this tour. I do a lot of downloading at etree, dimeadozen, ect and I have been using the mini disc to listen and decide what to ultimately burn to cdr.

Sometimes we have a bit of music in the office when it's quiet. Lately theres been a bit of Michael Buble, Pavarotti, John Legend, Chris Isaak and Van Morrison. In my iRiver at the moment I've been into Breaking Benjamins current album which I'm quite enjoying. Also been back to some Incubus to suit my laid back/relaxed moods of late.

Recording Savage Garden , on the \"NTM\" Sony Mdm-dL1 that came home today for 20 bucks .

Now recording From the Denon Optical out , To the MD Saver Pro SCMS Bypass module -> to the MDS-DL1 direct digital transfer \"Dreams Come True \" one of the few Japanese Groups I actually like . This girl can sing her butt off And got groove as well .

http://www.japan-zone.com/modern/dreams_come_true.shtml

Edited by Guitarfxr

Beethoven Cello Sonata #3 in A major Op. 69, played by Paul Tortelier and Eric Heidsieck.

Recorded to JE-630 (at SP) from the original 1972 LPs, uploaded to PC from MZ-RH1. Noise-reduced the resultant wavefiles using CoolEdit, deleted the .oma's and re-imported to SonicStage as .wav files.

Burned to CD using SonicStage, just to see if it works (usually I use Nero), along with some much lower quality chamber music from SS (Violin sonatas and a piano sonata, some originally recorded at LP2 some at LP4 off the internet), to fill out a second CD.

Copied using MXD-D400 to 74 minute JVC at LP2. Deleted the low quality music and re-burned to the MD directly from SonicStage without conversion. (the LP4 sounded awful upconverted to LP2 by the CD->MD process).

The result is absolutely perfect. I cannot believe how well this technology improves old recordings!

This recording is pretty much a reference for this music. Tortelier even did the whole lot on TV which I remember being fascinated by.

To F.R.E.N.S. " The First Time "

An Album that took the Sony Silver microphone award , and I was in the Studio with them for this recording . *Clarification "In The studio , doesnt mean that I personally recorded them >>>) ( Woulda been nice though !!)

If you havent heard of this group , you owe it to yourself , to check it out .

http://www.smooth-jazz.de/Artists3/Frens.html

:beach:

Edited by Guitarfxr

Windham Hill " Sanctuary " 20 years , 2 cd set that was recorded to MD LP2 mode years ago , Listening for the FIRST time on an MD Deck ..........

I am enjoying this immensely .

51JJPB5R8GL._SS500_.jpg

Windham Hill " Sanctuary " 20 years , 2 cd set that was recorded to MD LP2 mode years ago , Listening for the FIRST time on an MD Deck ..........

51JJPB5R8GL._SS500_.jpg

Always enjoyed the Windham Hill samplers

Bob

Listening to my 80G Zune with my NEW Skullcandy/Skullcrushers with The "Vibrating" sub-sonic sytem/sub-woofer - built in to the headset - and love how it vibrates my head and circulates the blood in my brains - this is a healthy situation !!

footnote#1 - you know - out of my FOUR computers - i can only get on MDCF on only one of them - they others won't let me on your site - am i being punished for being me (rayzray) ??!!

51JJPB5R8GL._SS500_.jpg

yesss - me (rayzray) also - ENJOY the Windham Hill Samplers - and always try to buy them up her in RI (USA) when i see them -

you are sooooo lucky !!

its it mostly guitar -r keyboards/piano !! or something other than those ??!! (just curious) -

footnote#2 AND - OOPS#1 )) just found it in my CD Index - i DO have it - i will go in the cellar and dig it out - and put it on my Zune for a while - thanks for the thoughts and have a good day !!

Edited by rayzray

Omar Rodregez Lopez's 'Old Money" CD that was given to me by a clerk at the CD store = LOVE it -

Omar is from Mars Volta - i was told by him - and he put out this "Instrumental" album that was rejected by Mars Volta-

i LOVE the chaos in his arrangements - perhaps a bit too much chaos -

footnote#1 - i wonder how this would sound going through my NEW Korg Kaoss Pad (KP3) -

would it be like two negatives becoming a positive - or just DOUBLE the Chaos -

well - anyhows - my new Skullcandy/Skullcrushers really LOVE this music - my head is "Vibrating" -