Sony Insider Forums
J.u.n.k.e.r.

What are you listening to right now?

Rate this question

Question

We talk about our gear and how to use it correctly, but what do we listen to with our gear?

I'll start us out. I've been listening to a custom mix made for me by a guy at the TBoard. Here's the tracklist.

Super Chicks (title)

01. eye - madvillian feat. stacey epps

02. moon dreams - airto/flora purim

03. ya ma le - gimmicks

04. all that we percieve - thievery corporation feat. pam bricker

05. african challenge - zoot simms

06. why i came to california - leon ware

07. theme de yoyo - art ensemble of chicago w/fontella bass

08. oh bondage, up yours! - x-ray spex

09. philosophy of the world - the shaggs

10. hello stranger - the carter family

11. your love is mine - holly golightly

12. lets live for the present - continental coets

13. lets take a walk on the moon - lucia pamela

14. monkey goes to the moon - christine shields

15. untitled - madlib

16. bialero - sonny & linda sharrock

17. upside down - fela anikulapo kuti+the africa 70 w/sandra akanka isidore

18. outer spaceways inc. - sun ra w/june tyson

19. we travel the spaceways(seg.) - sun ra

So what's in your MD?

2,095 answers to this question

I'm listening to The Arctic Monkeys recorded at Glastonbury 2007. It's getting me right in the mood for going to this year's festival next week. I can't wait!! I just hope the weather stays good. I could do without a mud bath :D

Derek Trucks Band , First album

SP mode in the Denon deck

Got tix for the Sept 25 Tokyo Forums show , Derek Trucks Band / Doobie Brothers

My Wife bought them for me .................... yep I think I have to keep her :wub:

Listening to Jackie McLean 4,5, and 6 in Atrac3+ 352k

3668045614_3fc423710d_o.jpg

1. Sentimental Journey

2. Why Was I Born?

3. Contour

4. Confirmation

5. When I Fall In Love

6. Abstraction

QUOTE (the wizard of oz @ Jun 29 2009, 06:44 AM) Bill Evans | The Paris Concert. heart.gif

I haven't listen to that in a while, but the intro on Re: Person I Knew is just exquisite. Quite a unique version of that tune that I never really heard again on other releases.

Siroe, Prince of Persia - Italian Opera (1728) by George Friderick Handel. This was the last opera but one before Handel was forced temporarily out of the Opera business by The Beggar's Opera by John Gay. The latter is acknowledged to be represent the re-birth of English opera, dormant since Purcell a century earlier. Coincidentally, Handel was the director of the Royal Academy of Music, which essentially went bankrupt that year. So he had a pretty rough time. Siroe only ran for a few weeks.

This recording was off the BBC website - here are the details: http://www.handelhouse.org/handel2009/siroe

It sounds great in my car on my new Sony deck driving the MDX-66XLP changer.

Sehnsucht By Lacrimosa, their new one, well worth the wait, fantastic, get it, don't wait

Bob

Sunday night's Henry Wood Promenade concert from London's Albert Hall. Handel wrote some 42 operas in his lifetime, roughly 1 per year over an extended period. This one is called Partenope, and has an amazing plot where the Princess Rosmira, disguised as a man, is challenged to a (bare-chested) duel with her former lover.

Handel got a bit desperate after Beggar's Opera, and had to resort to shock tactics to try to get the public back in his theatre.

I am posting the last 10 minutes as an ATRAC3 (LP4) file for anyone interested. I'm sure it needs to be removed at some point, but a snippet like this can hardly excite anyone's ire, especially in a nonstandard compressed format like this.

I hope you will agree with me, even those who wouldn't consider listening to Italian opera in this lifetime, that this is a totally remarkable 10 minutes of listening. Especially since there are about 5500 people present (and totally silent throughout), the majority of them having been standing for the previous 4 hours.

Extract from Partenope

You will need to change the extension to .OMA when you save this, it is NOT a valid ZIP file. However somewhat to my surprise it played perfectly in Windows Media Player (probably something I did following Avrin's directions to enable Atrac3 codec), and for you it will play in Sonic Stage.

I've got the Handel bug too - listening to the recent Op 1 Sonatas set recorded by AAM/Richard Egarr. Sounds fab in glorious MDLP2 through the stereo.

I've got the Handel bug too - listening to the recent Op 1 Sonatas set recorded by AAM/Richard Egarr. Sounds fab in glorious MDLP2 through the stereo.

Speaking of Handel has anyone got a copy of The Electronic Messiah by the Canadian Electronic Ensemblr. I bought the LP many many years ago, and it has since disappeared. I would love a copy of that, it is incredible

Bob

Listening to a isc recorded on my NH-800 to listen on my B-10 at work, first is Catalog by Slow Children, a true fan of theirs put together their two albums and some singles into a download, great stuff, President am I, a true classic, go to Slow Children on wikipedia if u are interested, next on the same disc is Procul Harum's first album remastered with extra songs, Loved A Whiter Shade of Pale in 1967, love it now, next disc is a dance music disc called Club Fanatix Maximized 4 real 2009, great euro dance

Listening to Just Blue by a group called Space, loved it on LP, love the download, they were a precurser to KLF/Lams etc, can sure feel the influence, song Symphony is just plain beautiful

Bob

Listening to the first three Julie Driscoll and Brian auger and the Trinity on my B10, good old Jazz/Blues brings back memories

Bob

Listening to Ror-Shak's 'Fate or Faith' on their 'Deep' album.

Somewhat bordering on vocal electronica but with strong rhythm and firm bass and none of that redundant beats..

listening to my CW playlists on my 120G Zune - setting up background country music for my wife's daughter who is coming over for a cookout - setting it up on my Double-Sound-Bar system in the living room -

i plan on having wall to wall CW music (non-stop) -(until someone complains) - and then we will "Flip-the-coin) to see what happens -

footnote#1 - i DO have a "Two Headed US Nickel/Nickle/5 cent coin" - i always "win" -

Listening to this Mysterious Prism MD , that I received in the Mail today from some guy in France named Osiris .

Cool stuff Wiz !

TC

( thanx for the edit Rich , I was going to do that myself ,......... )

I can't believe I'm posting this, but I am listening at LP4!!! to a Handel Opera. Most of them I managed to capture at LP2 but this was just too long for 163 minutes. No distortion, good balance, way batter than anything from the cassette era or off radio, and playing with Type-S probably good enough.

There's a lot more coming in this year of Handel's 250th (since his death in 1759) so this link will give some idea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k3k02

listening to part of my 500 MD's i DJ with - trying to get them into my laptops - i kinda like my old stuff and remixes - gonna have fun listening to my stuff - nuff said - Gruff said so !!

... 't says a lot about his hearing :rolleyes:

anyhow, as Bob-T always says, if he's happy with it, so be it :P;) .

listening to Neil Young's Here Comes a Time at my end, on vinyl :) .

I really wish I could have had a chance to hear that 1200 MK4 .......... regretting not putting in my setup first , but I knew if I did , It might not get sent !!!!!!

Well, I really could use some more of those SL-1200MK4's, so when I eventually will have more cash flow, who knows. Though I'll pay extra expenses for a taxi, not you lugging that weight around!

I will keep my Eyes opened

LISTENING to all my wedding sound efx and clips and loops i am putting from MD's to Laptop via my back-up CD's - life is so wonderful when you are not the bride ????!!

footnote#1 - uncovering many good songs that i forgot i had - like "bad Boy" (la la la la la) by Buster Poindexter - a cover of the origina by (MMMM) i forgot _