Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still unanswered question from above:

What I would like to know is really simple: what is the purpose of the remote? Since it is attached to the device, how does it make things easier?

as for recording only:

-you can leave your unit in your pocket while pause/unpause the recording which adds a trackmark.

-you can adjust the record settings with your remote.

It's much more useful than that, but only for recording. My NHF800 has an LCD display that's hard to read in ordinary light and useless in the dark. Now, when I'm going to record a concert, I plug in the mics and set the Rec Volume to Manual on the unit before going in (the remote won't access the Rec Set menu), leave it on Pause, put it on Hold, plug in the remote, tuck it into a pocket and go on in.

With the remote I can un-Pause and look at the backlit display to see that I'm recording and check levels (which can be changed with the wheel if necessary). You don't have to Pause to add a track mark, P-Mode does it. Security doesn't see the MD unit at all, and there's no uncertainty about whether you're actually getting the recording.

For the NH600, it's a nice little backlit track display, but probably not worth the price.

• 5 months later...

RM-MC35ELK SEEMS to be reported working with ALL older and newer Hi-MD players

Tested with NW-HD3S 20GB (S = silver) player and MZ-NH600W UK version (W = white)

As long as it says Hi-MD on the player and it's built by Sony, various users from other parts of the net have confirmed it works. The only player that it can't be used with is that special slim one Sony released to celebrate MDs something birthday.

Works with

MZ-NH series

NW-HD series

AW series

NW series

Players as well as some other branded Hi-MD players.

If you ain't sure what remote to get, you can't seem to go wrong with this. Picked mine up for a bargain price of £10.50 delivered off ebay :D

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of a sony hi-md remote that has a record button on it?

To my knowledge, none of the Sony remotes has a record button. Why it never occurred to them is beyond me.

The best recording remote is the RM-MC40ELK, but you still have to do the initial settings and start Record on the unit . See my post above.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello!!

On Friday (31.3.) my new remote for my RH910 arrived: the RM-MC51EL!!

So here some information of the 51EL:

The 51EL is identical with the 55ELK besides:

-The 51EL has only track up and down functionality on the twist knob at the right side of the remote and

-The SEARCH-Button on the 55ELK is a LIGHT button on the 51EL which seems not to work on my RH910 -

the button test mode in service menu the LIGHT button isn't recognized at all

Perhaps the button has only a function on Sony CD players?? Or perhaps the LIGHT button only on my 51EL is broken

So could anyone of the mods or anyone else add the MC51EL in the Guide To Sony MD LCD Remotes??

Thank you in advance

Master of Disaster

Edited by Master of Disaster

Hello!!

On Friday (31.3.) my new remote for my RH910 arrived: the RM-MC51EL!!

So here some information of the 51EL:

The 51EL is identical with the 55ELK besides:

-The 51EL has only track up and down functionality on the twist knob at the right side of the remote and

-The SEARCH-Button on the 55ELK is a LIGHT button on the 51EL which seems not to work on my RH910 -

the button test mode in service menu the LIGHT button isn't recognized at all

Perhaps the button has only a function on Sony CD players?? Or perhaps the LIGHT button only on my 51EL is broken

So could anyone of the mods or anyone else add the MC51EL in the Guide To Sony MD LCD Remotes??

Thank you in advance

Master of Disaster

Thanks. I will update the guide accordingly with your observations.

As for your newly acquired RM-MC51EL, I believe the "LIGHT" button works just fine. It's just not operable with a Hi-MD/MD unit; rather as you have suspected with a Sony portable ATRAC CD Discman.

• 1 month later...

The 55 or the 35? Where did you buy the unit out of curiosity?

55, the one meant for D-NE20. It's a very nifty remote, I must say! I'm in Singapore and I've met up with a local seller 4 hours ago and bought the RH10 brand new from him. Price is 200 Sing Dollars (125 USD or 100 Euros). The guy said that he's already sold 5 sets and this is the last set.

BTW, I checked the language options and it says Japanese/English, so I assume that I've actually got the Jap set.

Edited by Noak

• 4 weeks later...

IS there any remote with a backlight that I can use for my MZ-NHF800?? I really need a backlight... I don't know what was Sony thinking...

Just something to keep in mind - radio function is in the remote and not in the unit itself. By changing to a remote with a backlight, you're sacrificing your unit's radio function, which is the NHF800's claim to fame over its sibling unit, the NH700. Without a radio remote, your NHF800 is now basically a (radio-less) NH700. To keep the radio function, you'd need to use either the 37LT or 39LT, both of which aren't backlit, unfortunately. If losing the radio is not a big deal to you, then go for the remote change and enjoy the backlight. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Sony really fooled its UK customers when these happy MDers discovered the RH10 was supplied with a crappy remote. Its disappointing to see that the high-end of the Hi-MD range does not benefit from one of the greatest of sony's inventions.

Therefore i've used my old RM-MC33EL that had been supplied with my NH900 (UK), but a short while ago, the remote started to emit sound only in the left ear, tinkering with the earphones' plug in the remote socket periodically rendered the sound in both ears. Does anyone know a good shop in London which sells a variety of remote controls? (apart from sony centers which are terrible)

Thanks

:unsure:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...