Sony MDR-XD200 Pictorial & Review

Rate this topic

MZ-NH1

I GOT MY XD200'S TODAY! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

$69 AUS From the Sony Central shop in Chatswood, Sydney biggrin.gif

Just about to start the burn in! And will take some pics as well latter tonight biggrin.gif

user posted image

PICTORIAL

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

REVIEW:

I have been burning them in for about 50hrs altogether now, and as soon as I put the headphones on, the sound was fantastic!

I won't be able to do as good a review as Ishi tongue.gif, but I will try my best.

Sound:

I mostly listen to Brass Band, Trombone, POP, Jazz, songs, so sound clarity was a main concern for me when purchasing these headphones.

The sound quality is really good, and the bass is excellent. I have heard background instruments in recordings with these phones that I have never heard before!

The phones are Hi-Fi headphones, which means that they are really mean for linking up to an amplifier, but I find them quite loud enough.

On my MZ-NH1, with the volume set to 20, they are quite loud, and then at 30, it sounds like you are right there in the song!

Comfort:

I was told by some in the Hi-Fi forums that the 200's were very uncomfortable to wear, but I have not found this to be the case at all.

Once you have adjusted the head straps, you put the cans basically on the very top of your head, and they don't bother you at all. They are very light to wear, and look a little plastic, but the overall comfort is very good.

Test to hear the difference:

My whole family was very eager to see if I had spent my money wisely, so I got them all to listen to a 20 seconds clip my the old headphones, and then I would reply that clip again using the 200's.

My mother who is a piano teacher could tell the difference straight away, and was stunned at the difference.

All other family members could tell that the 200's were a lot clearer, and the clarity was much better.

If you want to know anything else about these, feel free to ask me.

Never written a review before, so didn’t really know what to include. Let me know if I missed anything out!

I won't be able to do as good a review as Ishi tongue.gif, but I will try my best.

I will gladly take credit for the XD400 pictorial. smile.gif The credit for a brilliant review goes to Damage. That's in my opinion a thorough ideal review.

For pictures of the XD200, I have uploaded all I have taken tongue.gif

So here is the direct link -

XD200 Pictures

Most brilliant! happy.gif How do you like your new 'phones?

• 3 months later...

Mate. I seriously have never heard better quality saoung every before.

I have been wearing them for the past 2 weeks for about 4 hr every day whilst I study... and seriously the sound is amazing! I sometimes get distracted and just stop and listen to the clear sound coming from them.

I did a 'burn-in' for about 100 hrs when I first got them... and what I noticed from doing that is that it seemed to make the headphones louder... Like the music comes out quite loud... even on 15 on my MD, where as before I would have to turn it up to 20 to get a normal sound :P So I dunno what has really caused that. But yeh mate,

THEY ARE FANTASTIC!

May i make you responsible if i'd get them and don't like their sound quality? ^_^

Ahahahah.... mmmmm. Well make sure to try them on at the shop.. and take your MD along, and plug it in and see what you personally think...

I mean I love them. The quality for all my music which is very diverse (jazz, pop, rock, brass band, soloist music...) sounds pretty fantastic...

So I hope you hve the same feeling as me if you do get them :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...