Help With Live Recording Please

Rate this topic

George Carlyle

I've recently bought Sony MZ-NH600D. I love downloading my CDs but want to do some charity work in Nepal recording a Sherpa. I bought a Sony ECM-T6 tie pin mike but have the horrible feeling that the MD won't record live through a mike. On the side of the unit is the USB plug and the headphone jack which looks like a hole and a one cm rectangular slot. Please, can someone advise me what to do.

Cheers George Carlyle

The NH600D, as told by the "D" designation, is a downloader only. It has no digital [optical] in, no line-in, and no microphone input with preamp.

Unfortunately, there is no way to record with this unit. It is intended for downloading music from a computer with SonicStage only.

If you have the funds to purchase a recorder, please check out the equipment browser to compare models. It's especially useful for figuring out what vaguely-described units being sold on eBay or other auction or classified sites have for features.

Check out www.quietamerican.org for some inspiration while you're out there browsing.

The NH600D, as told by the "D" designation, is a downloader only.  It has no digital [optical] in, no line-in, and no microphone input with preamp. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to record with this unit.  It is intended for downloading music from a computer with SonicStage only.

If you have the funds to purchase a recorder, please check out the equipment browser to compare models.  It's especially useful for figuring out what vaguely-described units being sold on eBay or other auction or classified sites have for features.

Check out www.quietamerican.org for some inspiration while you're out there browsing.

Thank you very much, Dex. Will take your advice. George