Quality Problems

Rate this topic

dyval94

hi all,

I just bought a second hand MZ-S1.

I recorded some MP3 (high qual.) through USB from my PCat LP2.

If I play them on the MZ, I get some really annoying crackles and hisses. I repeated the process on 2 PC' using Sonic stage 1.3 and Real Player, no difference. I did not yet try to record from cd player, but I listened to some pre-recorded stuff which sounded fine. I used a new sony md.

Any ideas would be fine

thanks

stefan

First upgrade to SonicStage 3.1

Secondly using dex's GBIGBO methology (garbage in garbage out) when you transcode any file from one compressed bit rate to another its always going to sound worse. In this case it sounds like you had a low bitrate MP3 to begin with. Generally speaking only use MP3s that are 192kbps or greater if possible.

Anything lower and you will start to notice artifacts. If possible rip the audio straight to your MD (via Simple Burner) if you have the CD or right into LP2 in your SonicStage library

thanks for your advice,

I used SS 3.1. and the Real Player Plug-in. I just made analogue recording through my

stand-alone cd-player - same problem. So it cannot be a problem of low qual. mp3 recordings, maybe the player needs some cleaning?

I make another attempt with different MD brand.

Brouwsing through the forum I do not see any reports of those hisses and crackles - the recording even shows some interrupts- that I encounter.

thanks

stefan