SonicStage 3.2 Upgrade Query

Rate this topic

Action

Hi, first post here from Australia. My daughter sent me a MZ-RH910 from California. It came with Sonic Stage 3.0 software which I have loaded sucessfully...I hope. I want to record live sound via a mic. to the PCM 44.1 feature and not have it erased when I transfer it to my Windows XP pro.

Can I do this by upgrading to 3.2 and is the 'full version' listed here in downloads the ''upgrade'' as well?

Also I notice when I charge the internal battery it turns off and has to be restarted by pressing 'chg' quite a few times. It does charge it up Ok tho. I've got a 240V-110V transformer for the power.

Last question, when registering on the Sony site, there's no model listing for this RH910. It's probably because I'm in Aust. and it says MH910 in the registration box. But will the site approve the registration anyway without problems?

Thanks for your help.

Hi and welcome.

SonicStage 3.0 should work OK - there don't seem to have been any problems with uploads going wrong since version 2.3. But the update to SS3.2 gives some real advantages - particularly in your case the ability to upload your recording from MD to PC more than once. Just use the link in the Download section to overwrite your current version with SS3.2 and you will get the latest updates.

Don't worry about the battery charging thing - it has been noted before but doesn't seem to be a problem - see this thread.

I never managed to register my RH10 - the site just rejected the serial number so I gave up. Can't see that I'm missing anything though. This forum is much more useful than anything Sony can tell you.

Keith

do upgrade to 3.2 - it'll give you a few significant improvements

see this fairly long thread, re-share the discovery all over again.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=11311

as for the registration i assume you mean with my sony at sony.com.au? it wont work as the 2nd generation of himd is not yet in stock here

Hi Keith and atrain,

thanks for the prompt replies, just the answers I was looking for. The RH910 is an amazing machine for sure. I'm a semi-retired pro studio owner and about 20yrs ago we paid a small fortune to get a digital recorder to do stereo PCM 44.1kHz.

I think if Sony or someone could just make a HIMD unit with only the PCM features on it, with a switchable stereo limiter, great mic. preamp and ganged faders, and at $US170, they'd make a fortune.

WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT!...Sony have....made a fortune that is.

atrain, I'll check what site the registration is at and let you know. Off to do the upgrade.

Thanks again. Al.

Hi everyone!

I am a stupid newbie to this list too, but I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a Net MD MZ-N707 Walkman and have had it for years. I had the original Open Mg Software, but it wouldn't allow me to transfer in live recordings made, so naturally I bought a SonicStage 3.0 disc and hoped for upgrades.

Problem is, I can't get 3.1 or 3.2 to save my life! Each time it erases the original 3.0 (which now refuses to reload on my hard drive period) and right before "Complete", I get a window that says the installation has been terminated. I have tried turning off my firewalls, lowering my security, cleaning the cookies and starting from scratch but to no avail. Can someone tell a clueless musician what she is doing wrong?

mmm, and that doesn't sound good Rhapsody. My SS 3.0 CD came with the RH910 so I assumed they go together. Can't remember now but I think I had to input the 910 model number to activate it.

Try this, delete all the cookies on the same dates that you loaded 3.0-1-2 and try again. If it asks for an MD model number, just enter a 7 digit number, starting with 50, might just work. Don't register 3.0. Good luck.

HTH Cheers.

Edited by Action