Sony Insider Forums
Christopher

Review and free Download of Mac Hi-MD Wav Importer

Sony offers no 'real' mac-support at all except for MZ10, MZ100 and RH1 -> uploading only (HiMD->mac) and the downloading (mac->HiMD) software will arrive this summer

and no mac support at all for ANY other model (including NetMD)

the info comes from Sony, which doesn't make it more trustworthy though and there is no date set

Minidisc Community Forums is proud to present the Hi-MD *.wav importing software for Apple computers, for use with the MZ-M100 and MZ-M10 Hi-MD units ONLY. Remember, this software can ONLY facilitate PCM recorded uploads; no Hi-SP/Hi-LP uploads are permitted.

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=46

(you must be registered with the forum to download this file)

Dale Greer has generously submitted a review of a Mac to Minidisc. Further information about Apple computers and Minidisc can be found here, along with Minidisc Community Portal.

Various screenshots:

[attachmentid=720][attachmentid=721]

Thanks for the download, I somehow lost my software that came with my MZ-M100 and am glad I was able to get it here online. I see there is a 2.0 version out but I cannot use it on my Mac. The OS is too old. Got a question, why does it take so long to convert the files? I am doing a 61 minute track and it seems stuck on 11 minutes to finish for about 20 minutes now. I have about 15 discs I need to transfer and this will take forever. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bernie

Edited by berniebeaudry

Thanks for the download, I somehow lost my software that came with my MZ-M100 and am glad I was able to get it here online. I see there is a 2.0 version out but I cannot use it on my Mac. The OS is too old. Got a question, why does it take so long to convert the files? I am doing a 61 minute track and it seems stuck on 11 minutes to finish for about 20 minutes now. I have about 15 discs I need to transfer and this will take forever. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bernie

What OS are you on? OSX any flavor should run 2.0 , version 1 .0 wont let you upload HISP,or HILP mode recordings at all ,only PCM which are huge files so they will take a while .

On USB 1.0/1.1 the MD will act like a MO drive , and basically read in Real time , so if you have a long recording , your gonna need coffee.

Hi MD Transfer 2.0 is available from Sony , free , and allows Upload of Hi SP , Hi LP , and PCM , they all transfer as wav files to the Mac desktop , then you can import to any editing program.

Hi MD Transfer 2.0 is available from Sony , free , and allows Upload of Hi SP , Hi LP , and PCM , they all transfer as wav files to the Mac desktop , then you can import to any editing program.

I don't manage to make it work with my rh 910 as i understood from this topic there is no way for the rh 910 to import to a mac.am i getting this right ?

thanks for helping.

I don't manage to make it work with my rh 910 as i understood from this topic there is no way for the rh 910 to import to a mac.am i getting this right ?

thanks for helping.

nope 910 isnt in the bag , sad to say .