Sony MD | Color Collection

Ishiyoshi

Sony Color Collection | 1994

The 1994 Sony Color Collection series comes in three color scheme: Blue, Red and Yellow; available in 74min.

*pictorial under construction

Sony Color Collection | 1996

The 1996 Sony Color Collection series comes in four color scheme: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Ruby Red and Topaz Yellow; available in 60min and 74min.

• 5 weeks later...

Sony Color Collection | 1999

The 1999 Sony Color Collection series comes in five color scheme: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Ruby Red, Topaz Yellow and Onyx Black; available in 74min and 80min.

Sony Color Collection | 2001

The 2001 Sony Color Collection series comes in five color scheme: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Ruby Red, Onyx Black and Amethyst Violet; available in 74min and 80min.

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

Sony Color Collection | 2004

The 2004 Sony Color Collection series comes in five color scheme: Sapphire Blue, Topaz Yellow, Ruby Red, Amethyst Violet and Onyx Black; available in 74min and 80min.

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

You take some amazing photos. Sony should hire you to take product pics for them... I think more people would buy MD's just based on your photos. :) Heck, it's 1AM where I'm at right now and I feel like I need to go get more blank discs and put some music on them. :-) Thanks.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the pictorial. ;)

• 1 month later...

I finally uploaded those pictures, haha...not the greatest but whatever.

To complement the existing pictorial, please visit my MD album to review my collection --> click here.

Note from Moderator: Please submit pictures for consideration in the future before posting them within the "Disc Pictorials." Refer to the post below for instructions.

Edited by Ishiyoshi

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I would suggest that you store them in the provided "Gallery-Album" section and edit the above post with a link for viewing. I would like to keep each Disc Pictorials to a certain layout.

Please submit pictures for consideration in the future before posting them within the "Disc Pictorials."

To contribute, please send a private message to kurisu, or a moderator (Ishiyoshi, atrain, Bananatree). We are obviously looking for quality pictures with resolution of at least 440 x 330 of each disc in a set.

• 6 months later...

Where are you located? Assuming you are in the States --> head to Walmart. I believe you can acquire the 2004 series there; otherwise, you will have to resort to etailers such as Bluetin or perhaps MiniDisco.

They are also now available on mainland Europe quite easily in this newer variation - although the labels are slightly different from the Japan / US edition.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems that 2001 collection is more "professional":)

How do you like the 2004 collection, everybody?

In China the 2004 collection's costs ¥9/piece, 74min.

9RMB a peice for the 2004 Color Collection is a pretty decent deal. Thus far, my favorite Color Collection is the Classic Edition of 2004. I would love to see a 1GB variant of it.

• 2 years later...

Sony Color Collection | 2001

The 2001 Sony Color Collection series comes in five color scheme: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Ruby Red, Onyx Black and Amethyst Violet; available in 74min and 80min.

Here so they look in packing:

sc2001.jpg

Hello,

Happy new year from vietnam

The cost for a MD is similar in Vietnam : from 20.000 to 25.000 VND (8 to 9 RMB).

Choice : only around 20 shops sell them in Saigon, above all 80 mn Sony Color Collection et 80mn "HO" TDK (less expensive). I have found last week a beautifull "Fine" TDK MD.

What the price for a "new" (sic) MZ-EH1 in China ? I can have one for $210. I have found also 2 non Hi-MD MD recorders for around 1.000 RMB. And some old (but "new") Victor, Sony & Panasonic bookselves

I definitively stop to listen to my Ipod Video 30g. Crap (even lossless is crap). My MZ-RH900 is connected to a Creative X-Fi Xmod sound card then my Cyrus IIIi amplificator.

I have order to my family in america an MZ-M200 but not sure It will be available before somebody come before the Têt (vietnamese new year).

Thanks