ATRAC Around the World

Rate this topic

imagine

Hey, I came across this photo gallery this morning while surfing the web:

http://gallery.ipodlounge.com/thumbnails.p...lastup&cat=-133

I thought, why don't we do something like that? 'Atrac3 Around the World' or something like that, since imo sony devices have more of a cool factor than ipods. Plus, it would be interesting to see the diversity of the members of this forum.

What do you think?

I had been thinking about such a thread as well... but unfortunately only right after I got back from my holiday in the South of France, so I forgot to pose with the HiMD clearly visible... but here it goes

[attachmentid=865]

NH900 by the pool in 'Villefranche Sur Mer' (Côte d'Azur/France)

the player (NH900) itself is actually well hidden in a protective pouch in the shade underneath my left arm... so I'm not even sure whether this qualifies tongue.gif (you CAN see the headphone cable go up to my ears laugh.gif)

post-5301-1126104261_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi

i'm a former minidisc user...in fact..i'm from the pre MDLP/NetMD days and i also had a NetMD unit, i sold both after i moved. However, i used to hang around the MD-L mailing list WAYYYY back when (dewdude and minidiscfreak) so, hopefully you guys will humor me, besides, this is an ATRAC thread...if anyone disagrees, feel free to have it removed...but, for the most part, i'm trying to study ATRAC3plus and how SonicStage works a bit more in-depth than just plug it in and transfer music.

The last MD unit i owned was the blue netMD portable (can't remember the model)...currently, i own a Sony PSP which as of firmware 2.0 has full support for ATRAC3plus, and being an audio geek...i've been playing. I'm happy to report i can cram 14 albums onto 235 MB of space.

mainlyi'm wondering how SonicStage is behaving with MD units now. I remember how SonicStage/OpenJukebox did a few years ago and it was slow...annoying...and really..it was the reason i gave up on NetMD. Now i've got it for the PSP and after inital file encoding which has greatly improved...the transfers are almost instant (then again, going to Memory Stick PRO Duo rather than a MO disc)

one thing i'm noticing..is if i import music from mp3's....with SonicStage it crates files with NO restrictions. no transfer limits...nada. I've got unlimited transfers..depending on which media i've got. If I'm using MagicGate everything says unlimited transfer. PRO media (even with it's magicgate logo) shows up as PRO and the music goes to a whole new folder. However, music i imported from mp3 can be transferred BACK to my computer, music imporeted from WAV has basically no restrictions at all.

I won't ask here what happens exactly, i'll see if i can make a new thread for it.....but...i'll give you all a picture of what at least a PSP looks like playing ATRAC.

again, I KNOW this is a MiniDisc forum and not a PSP forum...don't get me wrong, i totally know that, i'm an old-school minidisc user and not some random n00b. I figured since ATRAC3 was primaraly a MD technology, and this is an ATRAC thread, no one would mind....besides..i'm thinking about HiMD again....

IPB Image

thanks.

-Jay

• 5 weeks later...

hey dudes... where are all the "MD-around the world"-pics? I even showed my nipples :lol: so now I do expect something in return... well, not nipples really, just any pic with a MD in some country will do I guess... unless you have really exceptional nipples... like three or something... eh nevermind...

hey dudes... where are all the "MD-around the world"-pics? ...

Ok. MZ-DH10P (in its element) on top of Ms.PAC cocktail, at the local pub.

IPB Image

V3 PHOTO

• 1 month later...

My NH1 in Saskatchewan!

Well Ok it's a photo of Saskatchewan well I'm not taking it out there it's -25! lol

Grr Flash went off!

IPB Image

Here is a better image! :)

IPB Image

Nice setup. where in Saskatchewan are you, have relatives all over the province.

Take care,

Bob

Nice setup. where in Saskatchewan are you, have relatives all over the province.

Take care,

Bob

Thanks, :)

I'm in shaunavon (near gull lake and swift current)! :ok: But no timmys here!

If you have relatives in Medison hat [sp] they are selling those md racks for $1.94 each! :) (Future shop)

Edited by danielbb90

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hey dudes... where are all the "MD-around the world"-pics? I even showed my nipples :lol: so now I do expect something in return... well, not nipples really, just any pic with a MD in some country will do I guess... unless you have really exceptional nipples... like three or something... eh nevermind...

Been watching Total Recall huh?

Edited by Guitarfxr