Invision 2.1 Discussion

Christopher

Discuss any issues that come up or just your praise for the new features.

Tip: For Rich Text Editing, go to My Controls, and then click on Board Settings and set "Type of text editor to use when posting" to Rich Text Editor. Definitely a much more mature composition interface. You can also turn on Quick Reply for all forums so you don't have to keep clicking on the button within topics.

Tip: On the Index, you can click on the Minidisc image on the left of a forum and it will mark all posts within as "read".

Tip: See the little RSS icon on the lower left of the forums? We now feature a RSS feed of the most recent News topics.

Topic Rating has been turned on for most forums.

It's almost here -- please just be patient. I pay for all of this out of my own pocket (that you guys are utilizing for free, with exceptional quality uploads of course), so I'm just as frustrated as you are because I want the community to have this ASAP. The only real issue with Gallery v2 is that it's not displaying all of the files within an album, but everything else works as it should. We've begun the process of breaking down the Member's Gallery and moving albums from that area to the organized structure that was created:

Personal Pictures

Live Recording Archive

- Theatre + Spoken Word

- Ambient

- Urban

- Music

- Misc.

Sonicstage Backgrounds

Equipment Pictures

- Hi-MD Equipment

- MD Equipment

- Minidiscs

- 'phones

- A/V Equipment

You can clearly see it's not in our control and according to an associate within Invision said a fix will put forth today or tomorrow.

As for the code issue, Invision 2.1.1 should've fixed that. It should be an easy fix, and I'll have them fix it today.

I must say Chris I am REALLY liking the upgrade and the extra features I have been using!

The new 'Quick Edit' Feature I love, so quick to edit posts now! And it seems to take a LOT LESS time to post replies now, which is excellent.

The new look reply box I really like as well.

One question. Is there any way you can get a spell checker to check over the reply before you post it in the "Add Reply" section? Just a thought.

I know you can copy the text into Word or what have you and edit the spelling there... but I was just wondering.

Also just incase you forgot about these things Chris :P

That cool font you used for the Number of views a post has etc, and then legend at the bottom of the home/index page, notifying users of the different kinds of users, Admins in Blue, Financial in red... etc....

Thanks, i'll do. I'm currently having troubles to discern between 'urban' and 'ambient'. What about ambient recordings in urban environments? :P

Can someone explain what what to put where, please?

We have consolidated "Urban" into "Ambient." Therefore, you can place all your urban related ambient sounds into the designated category --> "Ambient."