Sonicstage Error! Help!

Rate this topic

rafaelg

From the beginning...

I was refreshing my NW-HD3, and imported all the files from the device to the computer via SS3.3. At the end of the transfer, I got an error saying that one of the tracks couldn't be imported back since it hadn't been exported from my computer. Dismissing the error as trivial (It had happened before, with other tracks, to no ill effect. And btw, the track HAD been exported from my computer) I promptly deleted it from the walkman, and then, just for the sake of it, proceeded to format it.

BIG, BIG, BIG mistake. Since them, I cannot connect the NW-HD3 to my machine as SonicStage will enter a perpetual loop, "checking for tracks that might have not been exported" and coming up with this error:

The rights information (MAC) of the track is invalid.

Untitled

And then doing it all over again and again.

I've tried uninstalling the software (four times now), cleaning the registry, removing the folders that were hidden under documents and settings/all users/application data/....

And now I've run out of ideas. Unfortunately reinstalling windows is out of the question, strikes me as absurd having to do that because some crappy software misbehaves.

Please, Please, Please some enlightened soul come help me!

You mean the format/initialize and restore factory settings?

I've tried both, to no effect.

A *partial* solution I managed to come up with is installing mp3fm (the mp3 file installer) and transferring something to the walkman. That way sonicstage works, but if the walkman is clean, I can't do anything.

In a way, my problems are solved by this, but it is ridiculous. I *have* to have something on the drive so it won't crash, claiming the *nothing* that is inside is invalid.

Again, ridiculous.

Not format one, since that erases all the data, there is a reset button on the A series, I would assume there is one on the HD3 as well, It restores the factory presets without deleting the data on the player.

Interesting problem. So if there are no files on it, SS tries ot export the tracks. Uhm does this just go on and on? if you left it say for 10 minutes same problem?

As far as I know, there is no reset on the NW-HD series, unless it's very well hidden.

There is a menu option that "Restores Factory Settings" and doesn't format anything, just resets the menu options, such as sound, display, etc.

What do you mean it goes on and on?

If the player is connected, SonicStage open, it will go on as long as I keep clicking the "OK" on the dialog. Otherwise it just waits for me to click the ok, so it can repeat itself ;)

Kidding aside, I can at least use the walkman now, thanks to MP3FM. I tried formatting it again after I had connected with no problems once, and again came the dreaded error.

That's what i meant, SS keeps checking for the new files o whatever. It's a bit different on CP since I am used to that. Perhaps there is somedthing in the options in SS that you can turn off? For example, making SS not sync right away with the HD3 or something along those lines?

you're going to have to excuse my ignorance with SS, since I only used it for my MD and no any HDD based players.

A *partial* solution I managed to come up with is installing mp3fm (the mp3 file installer) and transferring something to the walkman. That way sonicstage works, but if the walkman is clean, I can't do anything.

Open sonic stage ver 3.3 & it will not flash that silly message again..

Delete the track from Sonic stage(if you want).....

Would the reset button on the HD3 do anything perhaps?
As far as I know, there is no reset on the NW-HD series, unless it's very well hidden.

There is no Reset button in HD3.If you really want to reset it .Switch off the battery(via battery on & off)

That's my problem, I was doing *everything* with sonicstage 3.3, and there was *no* track on the nw-hd3, as I formatted it several times.

I was asking you to delete the track that you imported from mp3file manager via Sonic Stage . Then Even if your Hard disk is empty Sonic stage will not flash that message again...

I had the same problem few months back with my HD5

& i worked ....

• 7 months later...

From the beginning...

I was refreshing my NW-HD3, and imported all the files from the device to the computer via SS3.3. At the end of the transfer, I got an error saying that one of the tracks couldn't be imported back since it hadn't been exported from my computer. Dismissing the error as trivial (It had happened before, with other tracks, to no ill effect. And btw, the track HAD been exported from my computer) I promptly deleted it from the walkman, and then, just for the sake of it, proceeded to format it.

BIG, BIG, BIG mistake. Since them, I cannot connect the NW-HD3 to my machine as SonicStage will enter a perpetual loop, "checking for tracks that might have not been exported" and coming up with this error:

The rights information (MAC) of the track is invalid.

Untitled

And then doing it all over again and again.

I've tried uninstalling the software (four times now), cleaning the registry, removing the folders that were hidden under documents and settings/all users/application data/....

And now I've run out of ideas. Unfortunately reinstalling windows is out of the question, strikes me as absurd having to do that because some crappy software misbehaves.

Please, Please, Please some enlightened soul come help me!

I am having this exact problem right now. What was your solution? I'm using ATRAC files, so I have to be able to use this with Sonic Stage.

Thanks!

Rich

Well, I figured out how to get a true clean install of sonic stage on my machine.

Based on the behavior I was seeing, I really thought the issue was with the HD3. But, I formatted it via the menu and connected it to another PC which I have SS running on. It encountered no problems.

Soooo, I went back to the problem machine and found that the OMG stuff is installed as a separate package. So, I uninstalled them through control panel and reinstalled. Still no luck.

Now I'm desparate - I search my entire C drive for *sony*. I find a directory called "Sony Shared". This has dat files and many things related to OMG - keys and so forth. I delete this. And then I install again.

FINALLY, I can transfer music to my HD3 again.

If this happens again, I'll have to see if there is a way to recover without having to uninstall and reimport all of my music!

Ugh, sony!!! I came so close to pitching my HD3 out the window and go out to buy an IPod!!

Hopefully some other poor soul will find this information useful in the future.

Rich

I have the same problem with my HD1 and HD5. I suspect that this is because I had DRM issues last year and had to re-import all my music. I think there must be some remnant of my old library somewhere on my PC.

I got round this by creating a dummy SS database on another PC, and only putting one CD on it. I then use the SonicStage backup tool to back up my main library, use the SS backup tool to 'restore' the dummy library and use this to re-initialise the player. I can then restore my main music library and re-transfer to the player.

This may be long-winded, but it is a good temporary measure and it does work if you do not want to take a chance by manipulating files on player or PC.

[Edit] The reason that the problem must be something to do with the SS database is that it occurs on more than one player (both 'fed' from the same database) and, more importantly, the issue is also showing up on my new PC. I transferred the SS library across by using the backup tool.

Edited by peterjf