Car stereo MD players advice, please

Rate this topic

dragonfly

I found a place on the Net that's selling the Sony Xplod MDX-F5800. Most likely it's long out of stock and they're just too lazy to update their pages. I just got a used car a few nights ago, and the radio works, but the tape sounds real muffled and I hate listening to my music through the tape adapter. I'd like to just get a new stereo for my car, and since I always listen to my MDs in the car, I'm considering getting a built-in MD player. Nothing fancy like an MD disc changer or anything, just a single disc player. One option is to get a used one off of eBay. Any advice on which ones are good and which ones to stay away from?

i had the very same issue as you! I live in australia though and finding a MD car player here was intensly dificult(when i did, Sony quated me $800 so i told them to go and use that deck up their ...)

Anyway, the sony MDLP decks are pretty nice, i cheked these out live:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...6019538-2276661

I also played with an alpine model, but it was double DIN(two slots in the cars panel instead of one) and it was only MD-SP and MONO, and it was close to $1000AU...so na!

Best bet is to find a NEW Sony deck, they are good, and make sure you get someone who knows what their doing to install it for you, trust me on that one! no matter how much of a car gury you may think you are , its best to let a pro do it.

There are a few UK online shops that sell these units to overseas, but expect them to be slightly pricy-er.

Goodluck!

Leon