New Rock Music Trades

Rate this topic

bobthegoat2001

Format's that I accept are:

MD 80 minute (Standard)

MD - 140MB (LP2, LP4)

MD - 300MB (Atrac3, Atrac3plus, MP3)

I'll trade which ever format is compatible with your player. I recomend though an MD-300 with MP3 @ vbr q7 set at High Quality for best compression and sound quality (smaller than LP2 and sounds better than LP4).

I mostly like new rock type of music. And I don't like punk, rap, and rap-rock (that includes you Limp Bizkit).

That's pretty much it. You'll probably have a quicker response if you email me at bobthegoat2001@yahoo.com.

Edit:

Oh, I'm located in Ames, Iowa.

Edited by bobthegoat2001

Hello bobthegoat2001, my preferred style of music is rock too. Although I tend to listen to guitar rock, blues rock, seventies rock, heavy rock and so on. I might be interested in a rock swap.

However you provide no indication where you are located. And I must say I do not understand you when you say:

I recommend...an MD-300 with MP3 @ vbr q4 set at High Quality
:wacko::wacko::wacko:

MD-300 = 80 min (~300 MB reformatted in HiMD mode) Minidisc

MP3 = lossy audio compression format

vbr q4 set at High Quality = using the LAME mp3 encoder at q4 (quality 4) and High quality (vbr old) setting. This is a vbr setting with roughly 128 kbps average.

If you're interested in further deails about proper mp3 encoding, just ask. If you're not, just use any of the other possibilities. Without a second generation HiMD unit you can't create a mp3 (Hi)MD in audio mode anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello bobthegoat2001, my preferred style of music is rock too. Although I tend to listen to guitar rock, blues rock, seventies rock, heavy rock and so on. I might be interested in a rock swap.

However you provide no indication where you are located. And I must say I do not understand you when you say: :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Ok, I updated it to say where I'm from (Ames, Iowa if you didn't catch that).

Also when I said q4 I actually ment q7 at High Quality. Sorry for the confusion.

The heavy rock sounds good to me. Also what's your prefered quality settting. I have a second gen hi-md (you couldn't tell before) so mine can support any setting (until they come out with another one - come on 5 gig OggMD w/usb2.0 and drag&drop).

If your still interested we can exchange information in email. Mine is bobthegoat2001@yahoo.com. You can email me there if you want.

Ok, I updated it to say where I'm from (Ames, Iowa if you didn't catch that).

Also when I said q4 I actually ment q7 at High Quality. Sorry for the confusion.

The heavy rock sounds good to me. Also what's your prefered quality settting. I have a second gen hi-md (you couldn't tell before) so mine can support any setting (until they come out with another one - come on 5 gig OggMD w/usb2.0 and drag&drop).

If your still interested we can exchange information in email. Mine is bobthegoat2001@yahoo.com. You can email me there if you want.

I would like to do a rock trade, but it would have to be rock that resembles the type of guitars, singing as with the following artists,:

Led zeppelin, def leppard, ac/dc, fleetwood mac, u2.

If you dont have any music like this, then any type of guitar except styles like; modern grunge, nirvana, sum41, blink 182 etc. If you have any interesting blank discs, all the better.(i dont have any very rare ones, nor would i wish to trade them if i did, pm me if interested, to disc options) I am in the uk, but dont mind trading anywhere in the world. I would prefer to trade with someone who has traded at least once before and has some sort of feedback from the person they traded with.

Just to be clear, what I'm wanting to do is trade an md with mixed rock music on it that you made of your current favorite rock songs, preferably songs Not played on the radio (but you can still play another song from there CD, like for System of a Down, I'd rather not have BYOB, but Cigaro would be good, because the songs good and they don't play it on the radio). The reason I'm mostly interested in doing this is because I want to find new music, besides what they play on the radio .

I also mostly like new rock, like Mudvayne, Disturbed, Deftones, Cold, System of a Down. Not so much old rock like Ozzy, Metallica, Pantara, Led Zppelin, although I'll listen to those. And I'd rather not have punk (because it seems like that's what the radio is beginning to change too.) I also consider Sum 41, Blink 182, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan etc. to be punk. So I'd rather not have those.

It seems like I'm narrowing it down, but I'm really saying is to make a new rock mix with songs not played on the radio (unless it's really good... for example I like Seether's new song "Remedy" is good).

Ok, so let's trade!

• 3 months later...

no new rock here plz, but if you like that old time rock n roll check this out.

I have the release of Nokings here, and I've already made one MD cover by altering the album and stuff and I just ordered a mass of discs. What I'm proposing is this, you send me a disc with whatever you want on it, and I will send you a Nokings album with album art.

I live with these guys, they are pretty great to listen to. For a sample load nokingsmusic.com

Its a local Austin Tx band, this will be their first and probably only release under that name, we burned the discs ourselves so we are our own unnamed label so there. I just have to get this out there, it is too good to not share. Just check with garyc, I sent him one.

• 1 year later...

Format's that I accept are:

MD 80 minute (Standard)

MD - 140MB (LP2, LP4)

MD - 300MB (Atrac3, Atrac3plus, MP3)

Sorry I can't help with the music, but having seen this post, even thoguh this may not be the right place to ask, but what is the md 300mb you speak of, and how are they made? On which unit?