SonicStage 2.0

Rate this topic

jimofwales

I've searched high & low and starting this thread is a last resort...

does anyone know where i can download Sonic Stage 2.0???

I've got 50gbs of music, loads of blank md's....and i'm going round the world for 6 months next week. I desperately need to get music on my player.

I've followed the FAQ's for uninstalling previous versions, and nothing has worked. I suspect the reason i can't get 3.2 on is because I haven't got SP2. Which has failed to install many times. My pc is absolutely wrecked really and needs formatting, but i haven't got time for that.....SS2 is the only thing i know will work but my cd is scratched! :(

If anyone can get me a previous version i'd be so grateful!

Let's have you run a virus scan at housecall.trendmicro.com. Hit "scan now, it's free", then choose your country, and then start your scan. Make sure you do a complete scan, and then download the ActiveX control. Check my computer, and then hit next to start the scan.

Delete whatever baddies it finds.

After that, download Service Pack 2, the manual installation, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Let's have you run a virus scan at housecall.trendmicro.com. Hit "scan now, it's free", then choose your country, and then start your scan. Make sure you do a complete scan, and then download the ActiveX control. Check my computer, and then hit next to start the scan.

Delete whatever baddies it finds.

After that, download Service Pack 2, the manual installation, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Appreciate the help, i'll give that a try. But failing that do you know any way of getting SS 2.0?

Ok cheers, gonna let it scan, i've gotta go out now.....will check back this thread though.

I'm gonna die if i can't take my music with me for 6 months! :(

Ok, but I think Kurisu is right, the priority is to sort out your base installation not try and retrofit an old version of SS just because it runs on your "screwed" XP system. Whilst maybe requiring a little more time initially this will also benefit you in the long term - you don't want your system to crash because of any viruses / spyware / other gunk while your away travelling do you? ;)

Ok, but I think Kurisu is right, the priority is to sort out your base installation not try and retrofit an old version of SS just because it runs on your "screwed" XP system. Whilst maybe requiring a little more time initially this will also benefit you in the long term - you don't want your system to crash because of any viruses / spyware / other gunk while your away travelling do you? ;)

I've tried literally everything, there are no baddies on my computer and it STILL won't install sp2. It says i don't have access to the registy or something, which is crap cos i'm an administrator and there are only 2 accounts on the computer. Then just closes.

So has anyone pleeeeeease got a copy of V 2.0, and please don't say - "my priority should be to sort my system out".....i know that, but i haven't got time for it now. :(

I just wanna put the old version on, which i know works, get my music on this god-forsaken machine and go.

Don't know if i have sp1?

Yeah it's a legit copy of windows.

Tried that last thing you suggested, didn't work either. :angry:

This is the error -

Service Pack 2 could not back up the registry key

HKCR\ADOX.catalogue2.8 to file c:\windows\$ntservicepack.uninstall$reg00256

Access is denied.

Just tried to get SP1 and that didn't work either.

Has anyone here actually got a copy of v2.0??

The Service Packs are cumulative so you can install SP2 without having SP1 installed. I had the problem above when going to SP1. I ended up reinstalling everything just to start with a fresh install. If things on your system are so messed up I would recommend starting with a clean slate. It would make things a lot easier.

Edited by KrazyIvan

one of my laptops had a crash in the middle of installing sp2. after that every time i tried to reinstall it'd think it was installed & hang whilst looking for updates. there are some things only a reinstall of windows can fix.

Off-topic:

Did anyone notice the disproportional disk space used by SP2 yet? Directly after a fresh XP install ~1.5 GB, directly after installing SP2 ~4.5 GB. Huh? Is there something i'm missing here? Is this Micro$oft's way to force you to upgrade your hardware from time to time? I can't afford / dont want to waste so much disk space just for the OS.

Off-topic:

Did anyone notice the disproportional disk space used by SP2 yet? Directly after a fresh XP install ~1.5 GB, directly after installing SP2 ~4.5 GB. Huh? Is there something i'm missing here? Is this Micro$oft's way to force you to upgrade your hardware from time to time? I can't afford / dont want to waste so much disk space just for the OS.

I really appreciate all the help on this thread but i don't understand why everyone wants me to fix my computer so badly, nobody has yet said if they have a copy of 2.0 they can send me? I know my computer is absolutely screwed but i've got sooo much stuff that needs backing up before i wipe it and at the moment no way off doing that.

Come on peeps, this is a mini-disc forum, someone must have it?! I go 2moro so this is my last gasp attempt or i'm gonna chuck my md in player in the bin.

I have one. PM me for details. I don't know why you'd want it, since it sucks, but hey, it's a free internet.

Still, I don't see how SS 2.0 will work better if the system is already wrecked. I mean, isn't 2.0 more buggy and unstable? I still will let you have it, but I think it's going to be more trouble than it will resolve.

because the software isn't working for a reason. think about it.

you think i haven't thought about?! It's been pissing me off for ages. The reason it's not working is cos i haven't got sp2, my computer is heavily used by my whole family which has wrecked it, and it would take an age to back up all their stuff, and i have no medium to do so. I know version 2.0 will work cos it worked before, i just need to put it on, transfer my tunes for my holiday and go. Hopeful Syrius will help.... :(