Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lxrichbirdxl

MD that is capable of playing high quality audio.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I just remember that, about a year ago or so, I read from a magzine that Sony had a new MD player that plays very high quality audio, highest ever in fact, up to 1000khz or something. That player is thus able to play audio that is almost equivalent to DVD-Audio (not the auido part of the normal DVDs, but a special encoding)!

And I remember that was an awesome Headphone that came out with it as well, that supports the high quality playback.

So, anyone remember which model it was? If you any info, I would really appreciate.

Thanks! ;)

Edited by lxrichbirdxl

1000KHz? Not even dogs would be able to hear that. Woof.

they all have high quality playback!! duhh!

but seriously though, our ears are only sensitive enough to hear 20hz to 20khz, and maybe the md player you are talking about are the new ones that play-back linear PCM, called hi-md??

Edited by skmetal07

or the now discontinued qualia series

I guess you confuse it with SACD, which should have an upper frequency limit of ~100kHz. If you can hear it is a different question.

or the now discontinued qualia series

The Qualia was just an fancy-boy's E10. As for sound quality it could possibly be better than the E10. Some purport it to have the HD-amp instead of the regular d-amp, but it definatley was MDLP/SP only - not exacty Hi-Fi...

Sorry it's 1000kps or something.

Anyone knows which model was it, I remember it was very very expensive.

I think it should be the qualia MD. But I can get any info of the audio quality from their site. So can it really play VERY high quality audio, or anything that makes it so different, expensive in anyway?

Thanks!

Edited by lxrichbirdxl

Linear PCM at 44.1 kHz/16bit = 1411 kbps = CD quality - all HiMD units can handle it.