KrazyIvan's MZ-NHF800 Pictorial

Rate this topic

It just arrived yestersay. It is shown with the RM-MC40ELK remote. I also received the OEM tuner remote but I am really loving the 40ELK's screen and scroller. The little jog lever reminiscent of the R900 jog controller is also a welcome feature. The scroller on the NHF800 itself is much nicer than the scroller on the NH600D. The NHF800 is plastic like the NH600D and feels just slightly heavier than the NH600D. It is still rather light. I have not had a chance to fully test all the functions but my initial impression is that it's an NH600D with the addition of a mic/line/optical/DC input. emoticons/default_laugh.png

*EDIT* I have been using this unit all day today and the one thing I have noticed is that battery power is being consumed very quickly. Had a full tank this morning and it is at half now. My NH600D lasted three days (8 hours per day) on a single battery. emoticons/default_blink.png That is with Ni-MH rechargables though. I am going to have to charge them up and see how they fair with the NHF800.

All images © Copyright 2005 - Ivan Romero

NHF800.jpg

NHF8005.jpg

NHF8003.jpg

NHF8006.jpg

NHF8004.jpg

Sparky: I have the tuner remote also. I am liking the 40ELK better though. I also have an NF610 so I use it if I want to use the radio functions. I was using a regular Energizer Alkaline cell. I have used them with my 600D too and they lasted three days. I'll be trying a Panasonic 1600mAh Ni-MH later too see if it lasts any longer.

Syrius: Well quick mode is on but I don't think that would explain it since I was using the unit for eight hours with a half hour break in between. My 600D never went through a battery that fast and I had quick mode enabled on it also.

I think I may know what it is. When I used my 600D I played Hi-LP tracks. I just looked at the disc I was playing and it had mostly Hi-SP tracks. Doesn't battery consumption go up with higher quality bit rates?

I think I may know what it is. When I used my 600D I played Hi-LP tracks. I just looked at the disc I was playing and it had mostly Hi-SP tracks. Doesn't battery consumption go up with higher quality bit rates?

yes it does, as it takes more to read the higher bit rate

also, notice how all sony's battery consumption readings are done at atrac3+ at 48kbps [ughh]

i'm sure this has already been answered, but on the unit it says tv/weather/fm/am,,,,err weather and tv???

Yes, it has 7 weather band channels and VHF channels 2-13, audio only of course. So far I have not been able to hear anything on the weather bands. The TV channels come in loud and clear for my local, over the air, broadcast channels.

• 6 months later...

This unit is stunning, to be able to have a AM/FM/TV tuner built-in to a unit sounds fantastic. I'm waiting, as I have an rh10 now, but a radio function would be something to make me but a second unit. But I need a good price first, will wait and monitor ebay and amazon until I get a steal.

Keep in mind that the tuner functions are not built into the unit. The remote has everything that is needed for the tuner to work. The pictures do not show it but its the rm39lt.

There is a T-Board member who said that the NH700 (Australian and European versions have been confirmed so far) will gain radio function if used with either the 37lt or 39lt remotes; also over on T-Board, sector001 confirms that the 37lt works with his NHF800. Looks like you can mix and match units/radio remotes a little.

Keep in mind that the tuner functions are not built into the unit. The remote has everything that is needed for the tuner to work. The pictures do not show it but its the rm39lt.

I know, I actually prefer the functions on the remote.

I can confirm that the RM-MC39LT that came with my MZ-NHF800 also works on the AM/FM/TV/Weather bands with my (Australian) NH700. Seems like it just needs power from the unit. Tried plugging it into my NH-600D, but the remote jack doesn't fit.

Someone should try one with the MZ-NH900 and the MZ-RH*** units.

Someone should try one with the MZ-NH900 and the MZ-RH*** units.

Just looking at the remote jacks alone, it seems like the 37lt and 39lt wouldn't work with the RH10 (left) or NH900 (right):

IPB Image

Remote jack for the NH700 (or NHF800?):

IPB Image

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using this unit all day today and the one thing I have noticed is that battery power is being consumed very quickly. Had a full tank this morning and it is at half now. My NH600D lasted three days (8 hours per day) on a single battery. :blink: That is with Ni-MH rechargables though. I am going to have to charge them up and see how they fair with the NHF800.

I have the very same model. the first week you'll see the battery needs to be charged everyday, but once you're using it all the time (charging it and discharging it) you will recover the full battery life.

I cannot use the TV feature (I don't see how...)

• 10 months later...

There is a T-Board member who said that the NH700 (Australian and European versions have been confirmed so far) will gain radio function if used with either the 37lt or 39lt remotes; also over on T-Board, sector001 confirms that the 37lt works with his NHF800. Looks like you can mix and match units/radio remotes a little.

Will it also work with the Canadian NH700 also? I own both a Canadian and also an Australian version of this great unit, also will the remote work with the AM, TV and weather band functions as well as FM (on the 39LT)?

I know the 39LT works with an Australian NH700. If you have both, take a look at the remote jacks--are they the same?

My guess is that the only difference between the units is the AC adapter, which might have to use a different plug or wall voltage but is running the same unit.

The only remaining uncertainty is what radio frequencies are used in Canada, what the gaps between them are and whether the tuner will adapt to them.