What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this where I admit my sin? :P

I got a iAudio U2 last week... (Coulden't w8 till my birthday! rofl)

IPB Image

I would like to do a pictorial of it vs the NH1 when I get the chance & space.. :)

Edit:

IPB Image

I was lookin at the 80GB version of that - hows that working out for you?

Either that or that pcimca sound card I've been lookin at - probably need my pcicma slot for usb - so proably will get that lol

Edited by danielbb90

Like to see a pictorial of the U2. I have a 80GB WD Passport. Very handy more space would be nice. What price the 120GB.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000E9X...cs&v=glance

As soon as I get some space I'll happly do one of the U2 against the NH1 - just at the moment I can't find my desk! :lol:

Edited by danielbb90

Greg, you're on a never-ending spending spree! Sleek camera.

For Greg and Daniel. These are pics of my 80GB, but the 120GB is the same size and shape except that the rubber siding and bottom is black, not blue. The Passport is working great for me, so great that I got the 120GB, which came with a black, sturdy carry case. The 80GB (a few years ago) was $99 and came in a box with no carry case; 120GB is (currently) $149 and comes in a gHey blister pack.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Your turn. Let's see some pics of that U2. ;)

lol I'll clear my desk 2morrow & see how my week goes...

I might be able to get a pictorial of it (preferbaly with my NH1 - would be a neat comparison) online later this week (or more likely next week) ;)

So that usb cable is that a standad one or custem cable?

(I like that HDD already :P - I really need one rofl)

Edited by danielbb90

The cable connection type for the Passport is USB A to Mini B. Go for it. ;)

I have a hard drive that I bought a while ago to put in an enclosure. lol I'm sure mine will be chunky, too!

I so need some more space - maby I better leave the pictorial till I move - see what I get.. :P (Dunno when that might be)

Anyway heres a sneak preview of my U2...

[Link removed - looked to bad! go 2 posts down]

Really bad photo - bad lighting my desk ain't that well lit-up

Greg-> Talk about grainy.. :lol:

Edited by danielbb90

500GB - I currently only have 40GB on my laptop...

I so need more space.

Sadly the 500GB goes quick with a few high-quality Cubase projects in the works and a few DV projects...

Not to mention a couple years of jam sessions in FLAC format.. <_<

I have gotten into the habit of backing up most of what is on the LaCie every few weeks to DVD-RW... Almost lost everything more than once due to hard drive problems. Don't like taking that chance!

That remends me of my dad...

He has a external HDD - he does some wedding photos (official) - hes using digital so he always backs up on 2 DVDrw and on his HDD.

I can't blame you (& him) for dooin stuff like that.

The amount of times I've lost data due to errors (Most of what is Windoes Fault - I only use windows cos' linux runs too slow on my slow laptop! :P)

My CD collection is in low-bitrate ogg & atrac3plus cos HDD space!

But hey! I'm stuck with windows and small harddrves till I get a none-laptop (not in the close future) lol

shizz lol. I heard the 500gb and up versions get quite hot during use, is that the case with yours? Do you use the firewire 800 port on yours?

It does get a little warm, but I haven't had any problems with the temperature as of yet.

We use the Firewire 800 when its connected to our G5, and the Firewire 600 otherwise,,,

i'll give some more detail when it arrives, 'twas an ebay purchase.

it has an rj45 connector & i assume i'll be able to assign it an ip & it has some security features too. what they are i'm not sure.

Just got my new camera, Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ2, seem like a nice little camera, strange no viewfinder though, price was nice though. When I get a few pictures will post them

TTFN

Bob

Viewfinder is nothing to worry about, Mine is out of aline with the pictures! :wacko:

I admit, that camera looks pritty neat...