What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

Ray... you're really going over the top there... what the hell would you need 55 DVD-RAM recorders for?! You're not gonna use them ALL simultaneously are you?! Come on... you're nearing pathology there, no offense...

There are only 24 hours in a day & you don't have 27 hands for each remote...

Or are you trying to enter the Guiness Book?

you got it a little backwards;; i have 21 DVD-Recorders;; and they record music onto 55 DVD/Ram disks;; which i rotate.. and 150 Standard MD discs with 27 MD usits.. too..

i usually record from 4 DVD recorders and one time;; the rest are for editing and watching all around da house..

i don't concider myself excessive;; IF you concider i collect music on these just about the same as an i-poder crams 10.000+ inferior songs onto their PC's and i-prods..

i cram music onto my DVD-RAM pickup discs and dilegintly and painfully edit EACH songs into a crafted piece of audio bliss before i put them onto CD-R's and MD'zz..

i am probably the only member here that really uses MD's as thery were intended to;;

that is;; record,, edit,, save,, and re-locate..

if it wasn't for that,, i would not be on this forum;; i would be at the coffee shoppe agrivating all the customers with my edits/re-mixes..

please concider me as extra baggage..

Edited by rayzray

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the Sony LocationFree, wired version - LF-B10. Intend to use it with my PSP.

Much lighter than I expected, I wish they had kept the power supply internal instead of an external AC adapter.

Yet to use it outside the home.

Just got the Pentax K110D as my first DSLR. First impressions are OK. It does not feel as good as the Nikon D40 which I trialed about 2 weeks back. However, it will be worth it for me even if the pictures are 90% as good. I like it that the Pentax uses AA batteries.

Are old-fashioned lenses compatible with todays Pentax DSLR's?? I have an old Asahi Pentax of 15+ years of age with a whole load of different lenses, which aren't getting much use, although all still works fine and takes great pictures when handled correctly... and after developing the film, you know, making prints... the old way, hehe. :D

Would be nice if I could use those lenses on a digital camera, so there'd be no waste. So I'm kinda curious about your Pentax. What do the lens fittings look like?

if the mount fits , K , Y , Bayonet then they should work , exept that you wont have the Auto focus , Or monitoring functions that are in the Digital Camerea lenses

If you look at the mount of the lens from your camera, you should find several tiny gold plated connectors , those are like USB and power for the lens so Lens info and exposure etc get transfered to the proceesor of the SLR .

If you use an older lens you will have to put the camera into Full Manual mode

pandvdls91.jpg

just bought my ((22th)) Panasonic DVD-LS91 unit ($250.00 USD) on sale at Sears;; this one is a portable player.. and not a recorder..

so i can take the DVD-RAMS that i record on all my home and studio DVD recorders and play them at the coffe shoppe and write all the songs that are on a recorded DVD-Ram there,, and not at home..

this way;; i can do some work away from home and make my time away more efficient..

i can also watch recorded Cable/TV in the Van and SKIP da commercials;; yes,, it has a 1 min commercial skip button..

it also has dts and digital audio out;; and stuff like that that i care crap about..

but;; you never know when i will show up ap your house (EDIT::by invitation of course) and plug my unit in ur TV set up and "Rock & Roll"..

if u can't DO it 110%;; then don't DO it at all..

Edited by rayzray

That is one absolutely beautiful camera , how did you manage that one??

Bob

The Rolleiflex is a medium format TLR (Twin-Lens Reflex) camera system with a frame size of 6x6 cm. Twin-Lens Reflex means there are two lenses: one viewing (top) and taking (bottom). Accordingly, you focus and compose through the top one and take photos through the bottom one. Viewing is through a waist level finder (usually with flip up magnifier) or you can attach one of those eye-level finders. Some TLRs will take both 120mm and 220mm films. My Rollei takes 120mm film which is larger than either 35mm or digital. In my opinion, photo quality is better than either 35mm or digital format.

The Rolleiflex is a medium format TLR (Twin-Lens Reflex) camera system with a frame size of 6x6 cm. Twin-Lens Reflex means there are two lenses: one viewing (top) and taking (bottom). Accordingly, you focus and compose through the top one and take photos through the bottom one. Viewing is through a waist level finder (usually with flip up magnifier) or you can attach one of those eye-level finders. Some TLRs will take both 120mm and 220mm films. My Rollei takes 120mm film which is larger than either 35mm or digital. In my opinion, photo quality is better than either 35mm or digital format.

Indeed indeed , you can shoot chromium slides with that , go straight to metallic prints.

A lot of Black and White Photographers use that bird, Ansel Adams had two or three of them, as well as other Box types

Ladies and Gentleman ,...........

Just Back from Hardoff AGAIN!!!! Still in my backpack .

I Now have , The Beginning , The best , and the Last (Possibly) of the Sony MD history ,......

Yes thats Right , I found ......in WORKING ORDER ( Testifying to the durabilty of ) The ORIGINAL , THe FIRST ,

The BEGINNING OF AN ERA , ........The SONY , MZ-1 MD recorder. W/original Battery , and Power Supply

Optical in / out

20db mic PAD/Attenuater

Adjustable Rec Level on the Fly

Switchable ACG

KeyPad Text entry

2,000 ¥ That is 20 dollars folks , ( I would have paid that even if it wasnt working just to set it on my Shelf )

This is from when SONY was Cool .

MZ-1, MZ-R50 , MZ-RH1

The three landmarks of MD history

now I have them all , I can die happy

Are old-fashioned lenses compatible with todays Pentax DSLR's?? I have an old Asahi Pentax of 15+ years of age with a whole load of different lenses, which aren't getting much use, although all still works fine and takes great pictures when handled correctly... and after developing the film, you know, making prints... the old way, hehe. :D

Would be nice if I could use those lenses on a digital camera, so there'd be no waste. So I'm kinda curious about your Pentax. What do the lens fittings look like?

I don't know, really. Guitarfxr sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I hope to try this out pretty soon though, lots of used lenses for good prices on Craigslist.

i scored a BIG one;; i bought my wife 20 chocolate-chip cookies;; freshly baked,, with EXTRA chocolate chunks;; oh,, yes they are chocolate-chunk cookies;; i think Turkish;; but not sure..

this was for Mother's Day (tomorrow);; but i gave them to my wife early cause she needed a "Lift" and,, the cats were hanging around the closet door where i hid the cookies;;

i know they would be relentless to get to that big box in there.. yes;; the cats LOVE chocolate-chunk cookies too!!

I don't know, really. Guitarfxr sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I hope to try this out pretty soon though, lots of used lenses for good prices on Craigslist.

The K-mount lenses Pentax *ist DL. Check the specs to see what the limitations. Note that the standard 35mm camera's 50mm lens becomes a 100mm lens on the digital camera. B)

Oh, I bought two sets of microphones: MM-HLSC-1's and SP-CMC-4U's.

I am sitting at the Apple Store , with my NEW Macbook Pro 2.16Ghz Core2Duo Processer w/2Gb Memory

YAY!

Now some on give me a job so I can pay back the 3000 dollars

Got any more bargains from hardoff, looked at the pictures again, I'd love a shopping spree in that store, a geekoholics paradise.

TTFN

Bob,

BTW do they have any more N1's

To Hardoff again today , I own my wife 100 dollars , I bought a MZ-R3 in PERFECT condition W/ Adapter Battery, Remote and Bag . ( not a scratch on it looks like new), an MZ-E55 (no adapter , no battery but working and has remote and external Batt pack) Those were 2000 yen each

then there was a Shakuhachi (Japanese Flute ) in there for 4000 yen Box Manuals , accessories everything . Plays good too I will post it sometime soon.

i used to be like u,, i would buy anything and everything ;; every day;; all the time..

then after two divorces and a third wife;; they put the plug to me..

now all i do is sneak an occational 100 blank DVD-R's and say i need it for a rainy-day..

oh,, i just bought another 100 TDK DVD-R blanks;; just for a rainy day..

i used to be like u,, i would buy anything and everything ;; every day;; all the time..

then after two divorces and a third wife;; they put the plug to me..

now all i do is sneak an occational 100 blank DVD-R's and say i need it for a rainy-day..

oh,, i just bought another 100 TDK DVD-R blanks;; just for a rainy day..

Well an Update on the MZ-R3 , I found out why it was in such goo shape , The battery connector ( Flexible Tab ) in the compartment was cracked , it broke off in my hand last night when I went to put some batteries in , an there were telltale signs of batt leakage under the tabs , so apparent what happened on the first couple of sets of batts a set got left in to long , leaked damaged the tab , Sony said "Cost left arm , one baby , and head of good goat......we fix then" so owner said, "Me such stupid forgetful ,dum,dum ,dum, why leave da batteries in . I put in closet" so ten years later , he/she sees that mp3 is everywhere and decides to clean up her/his life put down the alchohol , and drug binge to drown the sorrow of being so dum, and takes it to Hardoff.

I can fix that .....JB WELD !!!!!! :dance3:

isn't it great to find a great deal like that;; like things "Stupid" ppl screw up and it's so east to fix..

yard sales are good;; they think they are screwing you;; when you are screwing them;;

i got some great electronics and speakers from ppl that thought they were screwing me..

of course,, i would NEVER screw anyone;; unless they look screwable..

sometimes instead of buying something;; i just go in da cellar and dig into the piles;; and discorver things i forgot i had;; then pretend i bought it in my mind..

tomorrow;; is a FREE DAY;; i will go out and spend money of anything that will "Fit" into my studio;; which is almost impossible..

i have my eye on my 23RD DVD recorder;; it's a VCR/DVD combination for $249 USD on sale at Sears..

isn't it great to find a great deal like that;; like things "Stupid" ppl screw up and it's so east to fix..

yard sales are good;; they think they are screwing you;; when you are screwing them;;

i got some great electronics and speakers from ppl that thought they were screwing me..

of course,, i would NEVER screw anyone;; unless they look screwable..

sometimes instead of buying something;; i just go in da cellar and dig into the piles;; and discorver things i forgot i had;; then pretend i bought it in my mind..

tomorrow;; is a FREE DAY;; i will go out and spend money of anything that will "Fit" into my studio;; which is almost impossible..

i have my eye on my 23RD DVD recorder;; it's a VCR/DVD combination for $249 USD on sale at Sears..

Oh SKREW U , U SKREWBALL .............. :crazy:

Oh today I bought 4 10packs of Sony Niege 74min MD blanks @ 598 yen per pack , that would be about 5.50 US each

Edited by Guitarfxr

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Hardoff again today , I bought a Sharp MD-DR7S , MD recorder , Auvi amp

and a Set of Audio Technica ATH-ES3 headphones(New in box)

I notice when I play the MDs recorded in the Sony's Atrac format , in the Sharp , there is some low level artifacts , the higher the volume the more noticable , I will record something tommorrow , and try the reverse play it in the Sony and see if anything shows.

Anyone else notice this ??????

Wow, so many blanks! What for? Perhaps DVD-RW would be more suitable?

i HAVE about 100 or so DVD-RW's also that i use to record ordinary TV programs and news programs ,, but,, i like collecting stuff;; and music..

i Record music from the Cable TV music programs constantly;; all day;; all night;; and inbetween my "Naps"..

with 22 Panasonic DVD Recorders;; i can record multiple DVD-R's at the same time..

so i record different Gendres and save them;; archive them;; and store ther like squerrils (sp) store nuts..

so,, i spend my spare time "TYPING" all the titles and artists etc into my PC#1.. so i can look ANY song up to listen to or transfer to CD's for more convenient listening (which also includes transferring those to MD's and Hi-MD's..

AND THAT"S ONLY AUDIO!!!!

then;; there is "Video";; i record TONS of videos and music concerts (mostly off VH1 and save them like "Nuts"..

THEN;; i copy movies using my Sima A/V mixer onto my own DVD'R's for me AND my wife.. and watch them at our own conveience.. (i can watch a movie while i am recording off another TV;;(i have 8 TV's in da house)..

i make DVD's and CD's for my piano students as lessons;; as bribes;; and just to show-off that i am THE best piano teacher on the earth;; and the "Funnest";; F**K the others.. i teach my own method..

i take my camcorder to family events;; and transfer to DVD's thus giving many DVD's out to them;; i even made a DVD special for my cats;; but they ignore it!!

i camcord my piano students at their lessons sometimes and incorporate their dancing into it and make "Shows" for them to give to their family and friends..

sometimes my students and I (rayzray) just "Horse around" and make "Stupid Videos" and make copies for their friends..

to make things short;; i am making an impression on my little world here so when i die,, ppl may still play some of my DVD (which many include my (rayzray) logo or the "Mr- L*******) logo;; ur just an added video clip of something stupid i've created like my famous stupid "stop action" videos of toy figures fighting or two fingers carrying on a conversation..

that probably covers the "Tip of the Iceberg" as to "why i have so many DVD blanks;;

((now to go back to work and transfer my latest "Electronica Music" catch to CD and Hi-MD so i can have music when i go shopping tomorrow..

[LATE EDIT] gee,, i forgot to mention i DO use about 50 DVD-RAMS to collect quick music catches;; i LOVE the Rams;; ther go on and on and on like the Ever-ready batteries;; don't scratch;; and are easily "etitable" to make it easier to transfer to a DVD-R later..

AND;; then there is my PC#! Nero DVD editing program that i love..

Edited by rayzray

Any chance of you starting A TV /Radio Station after the crappyright issues are settled??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LOL;; if u are talking to me (rayzray);; yeah;; the copywrite issue would be a big stumbling block;; but not impossible..

i would love to BUY an underground TV&Radio station and transmit from an Indian Reservation and sell illegal cigarettes on the side.. i could always say that my Mother's milkman was an Indian.. (Bad Pun)..

i've never been in jail;; but i boast that i've done everything at leasts one time..

just bought the NEW Panasonic 5 pack of DVD-Rams with the NEW "Hard Coating" ($12.95 USD + tax)..

now i don't have to worry about leaving them scatter about the floor;; i can step on them;; sit on them;; even p*** on them and they will alway work for me..

(http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-5-PACK-PANASONIC-LM-AF120LU5-DVD-RAM-4-7GB-DISCS_W0QQitemZ120125492998QQcmdZViewItem)

Edited by rayzray

Just got a Sony Premium 80min disc, all I can say is WOW. The gold and black goes together really well - I never knew that they looked like this. It's beautiful IMO, and I wonder how they get the shutter to look golden. Anyways...

p.s. I want to get these, Click to See.

Edited by Sparda