What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have just sold my EOS 350D after 2 years of (very) good services and ~5600 photographies for 700 euros with my 17-85 IS USM and I have bought some hours ago a Canon EOS 40D on the Internet for 900 euros (Second hand but in very good mint it seems).

d6d6b023-6f43-43b9-9e50-a02b9593b924.jpg

Edited by Pastagaman

I got My Amp working with the Line6 Pocket pod I had bought awhile back , the Amp I put together out of spare parts from other stuff

30 watts , 2 inputs , 1 output , 8 inch 50 watt full range speaker . Wood cabinet

YAY

Edited by Guitarfxr

I bought a MZ-R700 MDLP Recorder for $30 (Australian) at Cash Converters.

Seemed to be in excellent condition-and was able to register it with Sony.

Have posted a pic of it in the gallery.

looks like a neet site, too bad they don't ship outside Australis, oh well, looks like you got a great deal, happy MD'ing,

Bob

Yes, well, I'll let you know about all that when I'll actually have received the kit and got it to work. I am anxious to get some improvement from my 28.8kbps dial up internet connection I must say...

get a big hard drive , because I will be sending you files!! and get the dIVx codec as well so you can play them.

Yes,At last I have got DH10P ,but this time a black one

and I have got more than what I have paid for .

Surprise things that OZ send it to me with the package .

1.35ELK remote(Black one )

2.case logic MD case

3.MD which glow in dark(3pc's

Edited by stuge

I went out walking today with my recently aguisition, DH10p, Onl to be dissappointed .............Playing a disc of MP3 that I transfered USING the DH10p when walking it would skip all over the place , when sitting still it did not .

But that killed it for me as that was the reason for me getting it in the first place . The MP3's were 80 kbs ,

So I stopped by Sofmap in Machida , and found in the Bargain bin a Transcend T.sonic 840

http://www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=166

This is my FIRST mp3 player to purchase , and it works drag and drop on the Mac , the Sound is VERY nice , way nicer than an iPod . and its 4 gb!!

Also got in the JUNK bin a Sanwa VGA-TV1S2M digital TV express 34 card tuner for Mac ( 3,900 yen , SCORE!!!!!!)

Well I traded someone here on the forums for it ( they got a near mint 909 ) and There are some problems with it , Battery life is not very good at all .

And I am a little dismayed at what I got , I had asked this person if the battery needed replacing and they never responded to me . The screen show a fair amount of wear .

I appreciate your input , and concern , I will be putting the dH10p up for sale , I have an MP3 player now , and it sounds good . That was really the only reason I wanted it was for MP3 ability and the display , I wasnt intending to take pix . It plays regular Md and HiMD fine no probs there .

I transfered the MP3 files from the Mac -> DH10P , in cradle , with NEW HiMD blanks nothing ever on them . (4 Blanks 3.5 gb worth of material That I need for daily use )

So the MP3 player I bought is 4 gb it will take that duty , and the DH10P is for sale .

For my more-or-less "main" system, I have been using Cambridge SoundWorks small, amplified speakers via the headphone output of my Marantz PM-68 integrated amp.

Speakers: http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/m...l?item=c1swblke

Amp: http://www.epinions.com/pr-Marantz_PM-68_Home_Amplifier

Sources include two MXD-D400 MD decks, a Marantz CD changer, an Aiwa dual deck CD-R, and a Tascam MK-102 cassette deck.

The small speakers made my wife happy, especially where I had mixed and matched to have the smaller speakers white, matching the window sill where they sat, and the sub black, matching most of the adjoining components. Everything sounded pretty good, until circumstances found me making speaker changes to my basement system, which then sounded better than the "main" one. This would not do, so I set about researching speakers that would fit in the space I had available near the "main."

Eventually, I decided on the Axiom MV22 V2 bookshelfs and an Axiom EP125 V2 sub. Beech finish.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/m22ti_mainc.html

http://www.axiomaudio.com/ep125_main.html

These cost quite enough, thank you, but I had just gotten a bonus to cover them (not that I couldn't have used it for more "practical" purposes).

I am now waiting their arrival, somewhat eagerly. Very interested to see what they'll sound like with the Marantz.

In the interim, I packed up the small CSWs and replaced them with a pair of Optimus Pro X77s and an Optimus passive sub. Not bad at all. I get 30 days to try the Axioms and I hope I like them!

Hey TC, don't be too quick to totally condemn the DH10, my 600 did much the same, ended up being poor connection on the headphone jack, and dirty remote terminals, try swabbing the remote connections, and clean the headphone and see what happens. At 80 it won't be hi-fi, but it should be listenable

Good luck,

Bob

Hey TC, don't be too quick to totally condemn the DH10, my 600 did much the same, ended up being poor connection on the headphone jack, and dirty remote terminals, try swabbing the remote connections, and clean the headphone and see what happens. At 80 it won't be hi-fi, but it should be listenable

Good luck,

Bob

Hey Bob , I wasnt even using a remote , and you should know me by now that as an audio engineer I can troubleshoot just about any piece of equipment on the planet.

But I appreciate the thought .

I will just have to relegate it to a Stand mounted player , and try the battery from it in my RH1 , My idea was to be able to put all the mp3 's of Music lessons , and scriptural stuff , on it so I would be well equipped for my day. But apparently it isnt going to give me that . I dont want to take my RH1 around everywhere , I use it pretty strictly for recording, and not as a Playback ( I used the EH930 for that , but it doesnt play mp3 .) and as that I am on a Mac I dont use SStage , so I cant convert the MP3's to ATRAC .

Lets get this thread back on track here . I appreciate you guys chiming in , and dont take me wrong , But it just makes me wonder ..................

3 hours Battery life ............. just listening to stuff ,.....and the skipping . I dont use the camera at all . I took 1 picture the day I got it and havent used it since

Edited by Guitarfxr

As I tried to hint to you , your speaking without knowing .

list of what the other person got .

#1 near Mint 909 recorder ( w/ all accessories)I went and bought it for him a little over 100 dollars , it was in very good shape .

#2 Nice case for the recorder ,also new

#3 (2 ) Brand new GP batteries , plus the batt in the unit

#4 10 pack Blank Sony 80 minute MD's

and a few other things I cant remember . I am just left with the feeling that it was know there was an issue developing or already there , and the unit was ditched for that reason. ............. I dont do that .

I asked about wether I needed a new battery or not , never got a response , the LIP4M is 5,200 yen here , that is a fair chunk for a battery so I dont buy it unless I have to .

Lets just drop it ok .

Bought a Canon Pixus , iP90V printer for my Macbook Pro

I had asked for a printer 8 months ago , the wife said NO ! ..... She decides ...... SHE,..... needs to print something , and says Go buy a printer for the Computer

So , I finally got my iP90V! YAY!

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...p;modelid=14723

ip90v_586x225.jpg

Looks a nice printer. Any chance of an honest review (as opposed to the sponsored ones)?

Thinking of getting a new printer myself

Tnx

Well , I downloaded the driver from the website , instead of using the CD rom , and My Macbook instantly recognized it , Print quality is very nice .

I Havent tried Photo Paper yet , I haver some somewhere but have to find it , I did print two Web Pix that I snagged off a website , on Plain Paper , And not to shabby if I do say so myself .

The printer is fairly quiet , and pretty quick ( depending on what your printing .)

p3967788dt.jpg

Pre-ordered the last part of the last season of the Sopranos on DVD. Availability has been very delayed through stupid satellite & cable TV prime broadcasting protection laws in my country.

Wow that is late coming out in France - couldn't you have just imported it from the US/UK/NL?

I went to downtown to find a Sigma 30mm f/1,4 but infortunately, no one got it on the "Electronic Street" despite of the incredible number of Canon shops.

So instead of the prime lens, I bought a 120 Gb samsung external hard drive and a Speedlight Flash 430EX to do not come back with nothing :-)

0c4cb34f-fd0c-49c7-a11b-cc1fcd80e0af.jpg

Edited by Pastagaman

..Nice TDK's tWoO -- Well, just purchased ~20 litres of oil from the convention at the ( CART/ALMS/GT ) Long Beach GP this past Sunday..

gallery_16593_156_34748.jpg

Edited by Jacques