mercury_in_flames

What have you just bought?

Rate this question

Question

I've seen this thread at another certain forum, and it was semi interesting just to see what people were spending their money on (not bagels, coffee etc), whether it be new audio gear, photography gear, engine parts etc.

Well i bought this lense a week or two ago on ebay, the buyer wanted a cheque so it took a bit longer, but sent it via specia delivery ^_^ although i wasnt home, and the oaf forgot to leave the card to tell me he had attempted to deliver it. Anyway, I got it this morning, worth every penny. It was 46 pounds plus 10 for delivery. I bid a bit late so in the end im just glad i got it. It really is in mint condition :lol::lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...52684%26fvi%3D1

Try to keep it to things costing more than 40 dollars or 20 quid :lol:

Edited by GregTheRotter

1,258 answers to this question

It was like that when I bought it-from a second hand shop.

It was like that when I bought it-from a second hand shop.

ah ! ok ,I hope its fully functional ?

Just got an Acer V193W LCD Monitor to replace my aging IBM monitor, so nice to be full screen again, seems like a nice basic monitor, goes well with my Acer desktop

Bob

Picked these three MZ-S1's up plus about 20 minidiscs for one Jackson :)

post-110680-125711460628_thumb.jpg

Picked these three MZ-S1's up plus about 20 minidiscs for one Jackson :)

Are you using "Jackson" to mean 5 UK Pounds? If you are, that's an incredibly good deal.

BTW, for our American cousins, it is short for Jackson 5. For other quaint English usages for currency, this might be worth a visit.

I didn't just buy these, I have had them for a while, but I got a set of Mach Ones for $70. They looked pretty rough when I got them, but I did a little bit of work and got them pretty respectable.

They had a dark almost black finish on them that came off with some time and lots of Fantastic glass cleaner. About 10 hours went into just getting rid of that stuff.

This was taken the first night I brought them home.

th_IMG_0001.jpg

After cleaning, the finish came back to almost red in color.

th_IMG_0004-2.jpg

All in all, sounding great :)

Are you using "Jackson" to mean 5 UK Pounds? If you are, that's an incredibly good deal.

BTW, for our American cousins, it is short for Jackson 5. For other quaint English usages for currency, this might be worth a visit.

I love that link! No-I was referring to the bill Andrew Jackson is on, a 20. But the way our currency is going it might be 5 quid here very soon :)

this has got to be my favorite:

Poorly Fish Six quid (sick squid) [Thanks to Kevin Lowther - sounds like more of a bad pun than slang but ... Tom reports that the reference he knows is "dead octopus" as in "I've only been here 5 minutes and I've done a dead octopus". And Darryl Clark reports the expression "dodgy octopus" is also used.]

Just bought a Vaio AP1l and another HD1 from Maresch, waiting for DHL to do their stuff, have I ever mentioned how much I hate Paypal? Massive screw-up on their part, but funds got arranger, can't wait to see the Vaio, looks great

Bob

Just sent some money to France for a JB 980, hopefully the money gets there soon, and hopefully it arrives here soon after, looking forward!

Wow, Those headphones look SWEET.

I'm still trying to figure out how to salvage my MDR-F1's.

I bought them during better times and no longer can afford anything even close.

Hey Sony! Sell the headbands, not just the ear pads!!

SO ,how are these treating you ?

I used to love closed type ,but for long listening they are just no go for me .

I have always been curious about the F1's, supposedly one of the most comfortable headphones around. I hope I will like the closed type W5000's, I'd only ever tried AD700's, open type.

BTW, no easy times for me either, but used at more than half price, I couldn't resist.

I hope you like the W5000's. For comfort, the F1's are definitely the most comfortable headphones around. If there are any more comfortable headphones out there (especially for less than $300), I'd like to know what they are. I've tried and/or owned dozens of headphones - maybe more, and shopped for months with the primary goal of comfort before settling on the F1's. At the time, I could have spent twice as much, but the comfort rated a 10 and the SQ was at least an 8.5 in my book. They are the only headphones I've ever kept around in hopes of repairing after they were damaged or worn out. I wore them for 8-10 hours straight, 5 days a week for over 5 years, only taking them off for 5-10 minutes every couple hours at most. Sometimes, I'd turn the audio off for hours and forget I still had them on. I remember lots of times getting up and having them yanked off my head by the cable. I guess that's why the pads are all worn out. I wish I'd have bought a backup pair, or two. Yeah, I'm a real fanboy of the F-1's. It p.o'd me immensely when I found out I missed, by a few days, a pair that went for $80 on ebay.

Regarding the sound, the only very minor issue is the bass is a bit thin. I'm not into heavy booming bass anyway, so that's a non-issue for me. Truly awesome headphones for the money. Once again, Sony screwed up when they discontinued them.

Just received a NHF800 HiMD recorder with 10 MD74 recorded in HiMD mode (with quite good music on it), and an early looking HiMD 1GB disc (black with the red liners).

Sounds sweet, and looks more sturdy than my RH1, so now I can carry HiMD without fear and keep the RH1 home as an up/downloader :D

The only thing is that the display of the remote is dead, but all the buttons work, so I guess I can use it as a blind remote. But never mind, I got it cheaper than the 700 I missed a few days ago :)

It's not a gadget, but helps me with my music:

Epiphone 50th Anniversary "1962" Sheraton E212T in Vintage Sunburst (the one on the left)

38f44d564b0511e28d1322000a1fb079_7.jpg

Limited Edition, #448 out of 1962, worldwide :D

And hopefully, soon an MZ-RH10 >.<!

Thanks Chris :D I will do a recording of me playing with my new-old MZ-RH10 so people can have an idea what it sounds like to record musical instruments with a MiniDisc :D

so who else on this forum from AustraliA??? brought meself a good working 2nd net md walkman mz-n510 typ-s models what ever that "S" means??? with 6 discs to use.

A few days ago I bought a "new" md player. I already own 7 hi-md units but I could not resist a mdlp walkman MZ-E900 (15 Euro on a car boot sale). After some cleaning the player works perfect. What a nice little player that is, my favorite player at the moment, very good sq and the battery seems to last forever.

I also have a lot of mp3 players (11) but I prefer my md-player/recorders and especially this new oldy.

I just bought my first used MD player/recorder on eBay in about two years! What model you may ask? You'll have to wait to see a few pictures after it arrives, but I will give a few hints. It is blue, all metal, uses common prism style NiMH as well as an AA sidecar and has a special DSP to enhance long play playback!

:good:

so who else on this forum from AustraliA??? brought meself a good working 2nd net md walkman mz-n510 typ-s models what ever that "S" means??? with 6 discs to use.

There's about 3 of us (that are active right now). Myself, Slugbahr and a newbie from Brissie. We're mainly active in the minidisc section.

I received my dock one week ago now. Nice device, very happy with it :)

5ds0ba.jpg

Hahaha the only person on this board who doesn't actually need one because he has it already, and you found another!!!!

Out of curiosity, where? I had a search worldwide for 2 whole years and never saw one on eBay.