Song titles in CMT-AH10

Rate this topic

sonyrajan

I have a Hi-MD micro-system CMT-AH10, bought in Japan. The system is recogonized in sonicstage 3.3 and song transfers all take place both back and forth. The problem is that when songs are transferred in Hi-MD format the song names and titles are not transfered. When the system is connected to the computer, in the transfer window of the MD system the song names are listed, but on the MD system its not displayed.

If songs are transferred in normal MD format the names get transferred.

I have tried with both MD and Hi-MD discs with the same result.

Any ideas guys!! :(

Hey I'm sorry that I can't give you a solution to this problem but I remember a very similar problem occured with another user with a Sony bookshelf unit. I recall that many people (including myself) had suggestions for him but I don't know if he ever got to a solution.

You might try a search to see if you can find that thread. I don't know if it was the AH10 he had, but I do remember this very same problem encountered by someone before.

Hi MDX-400

Well i was the same person who had posted about the problem, i have been trying to work around it but to no luck, tried with SS 3.3 to no avail. Well guess will have to enter the names all over again in the Hi-MD from the deck itself. Thanks anyways for yor help.

Cheers

• 11 years later...

If anyone interested in this unit here is the English menu...hold Yes/enter button for 2 seconds to enter into the menu which will be in Japanese then use my notes below to count down to the language option.

Sony CMT-AH10

English menu

1 EDIT

2 DISPLAY

3 USEFUL

4 SYNCHRO RECORD MODE

5 TIMER

6 SLEEP

7 SOUND

8 OPTION-----1 CLOCK

2 BACKLIGHT

3 DISC MODE

4 LANGUAGE ----- ENGLISH

JAPANESE

5 LINEAR PHASE

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:52 AM, punkrockaddict said:

now that´s nice. very appreciated .

Do you know the menu from the LAM-X1 too ? I just got my Unit and didn´t look into the menu tree very much.

Do you know of any Service Manual for the Sony Hi-MD units ?

Dont know if it works with X1 but I think it might as the ah10 came out after x1 and probably has a similar menu structure. You will have to ignore menus with cassette and tuner I think. Can't find any English service manuals for these units.

Wonder if you'd like to upload a zip of your disk for the CMT-SE9? You can find the one for the CMT-M333NT here and from bitter experience it's slightly different I would guess. Also if have both we may be able to figure out the difference between the 2, I bet it's only one or two files. You'd be doing users a service because I am sure Sony no longer supports any of this (to them) junk. PM me for details and we'll figure a way to it (it's a bit big for a "normal" upload). Note that it's not necessary to include the entire disk, my upload was "only" 67MB.

2 hours ago, sfbp said:

Wonder if you'd like to upload a zip of your disk for the CMT-SE9? You can find the one for the CMT-M333NT here and from bitter experience it's slightly different I would guess. Also if have both we may be able to figure out the difference between the 2, I bet it's only one or two files. You'd be doing users a service because I am sure Sony no longer supports any of this (to them) junk. PM me for details and we'll figure a way to it (it's a bit big for a "normal" upload). Note that it's not necessary to include the entire disk, my upload was "only" 67MB.

I may have had some luck in getting mcrew uploaded have a look at your messages and let me know.