Sonicstage 3.3 standalone installer available

Christopher

Minidisc.org is pleased to announce a complete standalone installation file for Sonicstage 3.3, allowing you to install it on machines lacking a connection to the Internet.+++

If you are a registered member of the forums (free, takes under a minute to complete), you can access this download in our downloads section, directly available here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=21

File graciously hosted by our excellent and HIGHLY recommended webhosting friends at:

IPB Image

A big thank you to Daijoubu for putting this together.

Edited by Webmaster

I just installed sonicstage 3.3 and simpleburner 2 for use with my mz-n505 net md player and after getting succesful record prognosis from the program, when i disconnect my md player from the computer, it will read the disc as blank. I am not sure what to do. Please help if possible. I am running win xp with all available updates.

I just installed sonicstage 3.3 and simpleburner 2 for use with my mz-n505 net md player and after getting succesful record prognosis from the program, when i disconnect my md player from the computer, it will read the disc as blank. I am not sure what to do. Please help if possible. I am running win xp with all available updates.

Try recording from LineIn or optical.

If that works, I would try reinstalling the application, if standalone recording doesn't work, check if the recording head has collected a load of dirt (dustball). If that isn't the case, the recorder might need service.

Edited by kurisu

Today I introduce to you Sonicstage 3.3 - the full version, with Simple Burner 2, and a few other bug fixes recognized by the community to deliver the best possible Sonicstage experience. This version of Sonicstage doesn't feature the Connect music store. Throw this on a Hi-MD disc and you can now use Sonicstage anywhere, anytime.

If you are a registered member (free, takes under a minute to complete), you can access this download in our downloads section, directly available here:

I apologize for being dense but I just this afternoon purchased an MZ-RH10 and am looking to install the proper version of the most current software (US). When I go to the link in your message, the date is April so I'm not sure if it's the most current. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

David Robin

Minidisc.org is pleased to announce a complete standalone installation file for Sonicstage 3.3, allowing you to install it on machines lacking a connection to the Internet.+++

If you are a registered member of the forums (free, takes under a minute to complete), you can access this download in our downloads section, directly available here:

File graciously hosted by our excellent and HIGHLY recommended webhosting friends at:

IPB Image

A big thank you to Daijoubu for putting this together.

3.3 installation wiped out all versions of sonicstage on my laptop

You don;t need to update, but historically speaking, updates to SS have introduced various improvements, in terms of program stability, new codecs and features, and (possibly) improved encoding.

For Hi-MD and Sony DAP users (like me) SS 3.3 brought in the new 352kbps codec, which improves quality over the previous best 256k for ATRAC. There's also 'lossless', but that doesn't seem so great...

Does anyone know what bugs have been fixed? I recently installed the standalone version of SS3.2 and it's working fine so what benefit would I gain by moving to version 3.3? (I've got a NetMD 520)

Edited by Mikey_P

Hi - I have a UK version MZ-NH1 that runs off Sonic Stage 2.1 and I occasionally use Connect. I would like to install 3.3 from the site - is tis ok to jump from 2.1 to 3.3? Also, will tracks that I've bought from Connect and saved on SS2.1 transfer to 3.3 during the install? I am not technically minded so any input would be appreciated.

Will

Should be no problem, but to be safe, use the backup tool to backup your library before upgrading the software.

My library survived all updates from 2.0 to 3.3 without needing a restore after doing the upgrade,

but it is better to be on the safe side.

@Mikey_P: The biggest advantage of the 3.3 compared to 3.2 are things, that have no use on a NetMD unit.

So, if your current install works fine, there is no need for you to upgrade.

Edited by jadeclaw

You don;t need to update, but historically speaking, updates to SS have introduced various improvements, in terms of program stability, new codecs and features, and (possibly) improved encoding.

For Hi-MD and Sony DAP users (like me) SS 3.3 brought in the new 352kbps codec, which improves quality over the previous best 256k for ATRAC. There's also 'lossless', but that doesn't seem so great...

For me, and at least one other person that I know, it does not consistently work w/ my HiMD units. It works w/ everything else. I went all the way to 3rd or 4th level support with no resolution. After going back and forth several times, I am using it, primarily because the Dynamic Playlist feature works great w/ my HDD. I will just have to rely on my library of HiMD discs to get me through.

Hi.

I just downloaded and installed the 3.3 version from this post, and I thought that it didn't have access to the Sony Connect music store.

After the install, when I launched it for the first time, the first thing it did is ask me my country to check if Connect store was available, which it found on the internet.

Is this normal with this version?

Thanks!

Hi.

I just downloaded and installed the 3.3 version from this post, and I thought that it didn't have access to the Sony Connect music store.

After the install, when I launched it for the first time, the first thing it did is ask me my country to check if Connect store was available, which it found on the internet.

Is this normal with this version?

Thanks!

I believe the full installer's Music Service Module was based off Connect-Europe; thus the regional check.

Am I right in thinking that Sonic Stage 3.3 does not have access to Sony Connect music store? If so which is the latest version to have access - 3.2?

SonicStage 3.3 does have access to Connect Music Service. Please check this link for details. If your current version [3.3] does not have a Music Service Module, scroll down the thread for the module attachment.

Look this update is great!

First of all works a bit faster than before.

Second:

I had some troubles before, mainly cause connect wasn't operative at my country and there were no way to get rid of it even when you couldn't use it. Besides the stupid centralized system for the right management and computer access had turned my pc at work useless for the NWHD3 just by changing the motherboard (I know is a major change, but there's no place where it's stated that you got to delete your registered pc before changing some part of it cause even when the IP is the same the codes sent to sony doesn't match anymore, so using a PC at home and anther at work had taken 4 of my possibles computers authorized, and the technical service didn't help in anyway), and now it's gone!!! GREAT! So i wouldn't have to be worried about how many pc's of mine are authorized before my pc become useless.

I think this all have to do with the problems with the rootkit. Even when I rea dthe answer that this has nothing to do with the sonic stage... I read what sysinternals posted and I become aware of the filtering system that possessed your CD after installing the version 3.2, so ok, maybe is not a rootkit, but I never had thought my system has degraded performance because of the filtering layer at the cd... mmm if anyone know better I would gladly appreciate the info.

Try this version, is really better than the older one.

Thanks kurisu . The installer that required internet access worked very well to install v3.3 although it tried to access Connect for Europe.

There is an installer on the AsiaPacific site which may overcome this but I'm not sure as I haven't tried installing it yet.

http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/templa...=Personal+Audio

"In this download service, the program which has the language fit to the Operating System language will be installed. (Only for English, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese"

Erm..dont mind me asking...but does this version of sonicstage 3.3 work with my NW-HD5 DAP? Last time i tried 3.2, the sonicstage shrotcut wasnt there. Only the software used for MD players..so....

and one more thing. I dont have any internet connection at home, so is it wise to uninstall 3.1 and install 3.3? im afraid that the newer version might not recognise my DAP..siince i didnt register the SW with sony or whatever you call it.

thanks

Edited by mascis

I think the poster is talking about visualizations, similar to what iTunes or WinAmp provides. That's been gone for a long time and it seems the priority to put it back in is quite low. As far as animations/transitions between screens, see what jadeclaw posted for that info...

once again mac users are ...... whatever ...

Using both XP and OSX, and having both MD and iPod, I guess I just don't understand what all the kvetching about OSX is about on this forum. The best of both worlds would be MD compatibility w/ OSX, but Sony can't figure out that it'd be a good idea.

Sony Entertainment crippled the MD format and continues to cripple it, not question about it.

Well i tried to install this on my second computer that had never had any version of sonic stage on it and i got the same error as the old full installer gave, some crap about direct x file missing from a downloads directory on my desktop.....i remember a lot of people had this problem with the old full installer, and i don't think it was ever fixed...anyone got this problem again? how do i fix it? i have no net access from those (my) computers and so am only running the bundled 2.1 version at the moment, and sick of it! lol