[HELP] NWA1000+Connect / Transfer songs to PC

Rate this question

dugom

Question

Hi,

I've recently purchased a NWA-1000. I want to upgrade its firmware to the new version (with WMA support) but they specify that you have to transfer all songs from NWA1000 to PC (which is sensible in case of a problem).

I don't know how to do that with connect. I can tranfer from PC to NWA, but not the other way round. Can somebody help ?

Thanks a lot

D.

6 answers to this question

I'm sure they ask to backup only for security reasons and that the songs will be fine.

No, I don't have them on PC AND on NWA1000. I use it as a hard disk as well so it is stored on it... I connected through the windows explorer and all files are .OMA. I think it is the Atrac extension, but I am sidapointed as I though the MP3 was as native support and that there was no trans-coding. It seems that if I want to backup, I have to copy all OMA tracks (and keep them as Sony proprietry OMA instead of standard multiuse MP3) !

If you have a better way, please express yourself !

Thanx

Edited by dugom

Note, you can't just copy and paste the songs via windows explorer, they will not play then. Once you move them over to the player using CP or SS, a layer of copyright protection is wrapped around the file s you can't go share all over the place.

I wouldn't recommend using the player as a mass storage device for your mp3s, if the HD crashes and all your songs are lost, no way to get them back. Always keep a backup of your mp3s on your pc or a cd/dvd. The oma files is the layer of copyright protection, the files are still mp3 format though.

When I try to run Gym (the KeyWizard), it says that I need MP3 manager, as specified on the download screen.

I connected to Sony to get it (folowing the ATRACLife link) although the nwa1000 is not in the compatibility list.

But MP3 manager doesn't see the nwa1000, and the GYM keymaker doesn't see MP3 manager

WhenI use the GYM, I can see the tracks, but not extract them :ol_cry::ol_cry::ol_cry:

Edited by dugom