MZ-RH910 hangs during "System File Writing"

Rate this topic

datadog

Hey everyone,

I have an MZ-RH910 unit and it has all the sudden started "hanging" during the "System File Writing" operation. It does this for ALL discs I put in it. Every other function works fine on the unit. I can play pre-recorded mini-discs just fine and the unit will appear to record, up until the stop button is pressed an it tries to commit the recording to the disc. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might figure out if this can be fixed without sending it in?

I'm under a "replacement" warranty on this unit, but apparently they don't have this model available to replace it with, so they'll replace it with a "similar" model. I'm hoping maybe there's some way to correct this problem on my own.

Hey everyone,

I have an MZ-RH910 unit and it has all the sudden started "hanging" during the "System File Writing" operation. It does this for ALL discs I put in it. Every other function works fine on the unit. I can play pre-recorded mini-discs just fine and the unit will appear to record, up until the stop button is pressed an it tries to commit the recording to the disc. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might figure out if this can be fixed without sending it in?

I'm under a "replacement" warranty on this unit, but apparently they don't have this model available to replace it with, so they'll replace it with a "similar" model. I'm hoping maybe there's some way to correct this problem on my own.

Try doing the same with it plugged in to mains power. Failing that, send it in. In fact, send it in without delay. The only "similar" model that I know of still available is the MZ-RH10 which is a step up. ;)

Cheers

As a follow up, I tried copying an album from SS to it recently. I took a disc that had stuff on it, initialized it (which, amazingly enough, worked) and then tried copying the ablbum to it. I got an I/O error on the unit, but didn't get any errors from SS. Needless to say, it didn't write the album to the disc. I guess I'll be sending it in for a replacement.

Hey everyone,

I have the same model and the same thing occurred recently...