So what's new?

Rate this topic

LupinIV

Ok, apart from the usual problems and guessing, is there anything hot going on with the format?

I mean, any official news, or discovery or any cool thing?

Are we just stagnating?

Where are our Sony infiltrates?

I am really thinking about switching to an HD for listening purposes.

I am just carrying too many minidiscs and it's becoming a burden!!!!

Well, I hope we can get some insights on the future of the format!!!

Cheers

For me, the only time that himd would become of any use would be if I needed to record. I've got a standard md portable and an md deck. For my basic needs, those are fine. I have my hd5 for portable use. I wouldnt mind having an nh1 but the writes speed's a killer. When Kurisu gets back from CES we should get to hear some tales of whats to come.

Edited by GregTheRotter

it takes 30 second with a dap, here lies my problem :( As I say, if DRM gets horrific to the point I can't put any illegitimate tracks on my dap, then real time md recording, here I come. In which case, I will wish I had bought into himd for the amount of tracks you can put on a disc. Still, Ive heard quite a few people complaining about write errors etc. hmm.

Edited by GregTheRotter

So, no gossips from Kurisu yet?

Is anybody else going to the CES in Las Vegas?

I wish we had insiders....

What's going on on the development side? I remember people working on codecs for linux and other platforms. Any success?

I believe that the knowledge is there, but I guess people is afraid of law suits. Remember that reverse engineering is not always illegal if for educational puproses. That's what they do all the time at MIT.

Edited by LupinIV