CD to MD

Rate this topic

• 2 months later...

Hi folks!

I have searched for a post on this topic to no avail, so if this qestion has already been asked my apologies!!!

If you use MD Simple Burner on a CD with a hidden track in the last track, you are faced with the problem of a long silence in that track.

Anyone found an easy way around this?

Here's what I've been doing ; :wacko:

1. I make an image of the CD in question on my hard drive (using Exact Audio Copy)

2. I then open the resulting wav file in a wave editor.

3. I save the wav over the original, modified to my liking.

4. I load the result into DaemonTools to check its OK.

5. I then burn the image with a handy prog called Burrrn, which can handle the images created by EAC, which consist by the way of a CUE & WAV file.

6. I load the "new" CD into Simple Burner and rip to MD.

Sounds like a lot of work I know, but I'm comfortable with it.

IF however there is an easier way to chop out long silences by only using MDSB please share the good news!!

Simple Burner isn't smart enough to take that silence out. So your manual edit is the way to do it.

Instead of burning the new CD, if you have Nero--I think you can do this with Daemon Tools, too, though I've never used DT--you could also save your modified CD in a folder on a virtual drive, which Simple Burner would treat as a CD (and get CDDB info). Search the forums for Nero and Simple Burner, it's here somewhere.

I think it's a good thing that Simple Burner is so, well, simple. If Sony were to build more variables and capabilities into it, then it would probably crash all the time.

Hi folks!

I have searched for a post on this topic to no avail, so if this qestion has already been asked my apologies!!!

If you use MD Simple Burner on a CD with a hidden track in the last track, you are faced with the problem of a long silence in that track.

Anyone found an easy way around this?

Here's what I've been doing ; :wacko:

1. I make an image of the CD in question on my hard drive (using Exact Audio Copy)

2. I then open the resulting wav file in a wave editor.

3. I save the wav over the original, modified to my liking.

4. I load the result into DaemonTools to check its OK.

5. I then burn the image with a handy prog called Burrrn, which can handle the images created by EAC, which consist by the way of a CUE & WAV file.

6. I load the "new" CD into Simple Burner and rip to MD.

Sounds like a lot of work I know, but I'm comfortable with it.

IF however there is an easier way to chop out long silences by only using MDSB please share the good news!!

Sorry I don't know of any! Unless instead of righting them to a new CD just open the edited WAV file into SonicStage and transfer without useing unnesserry CD's.

you could also save your modified CD in a folder on a virtual drive, which Simple Burner would treat as a CD (and get CDDB info).
How? Please tell. I've tried using "subst" but that didn't help. SB didn't add my new drive letter to its "Select CD drive" dropdown (and yes I did restart SB and no I didn't reboot the 'puter).