"An internal error has occurred."

Rate this topic

hs`xdox

Hello all,

MD specs:

Sony MZ-RH10 + 1GB Hi-MD (NEW!!!)

I made a live recording on a 1GB Hi-MD (7hours and 55minutes).

Record mode: Hi-SP.

Everything went well, no problems did occur.

Now i want to transfer the record to my pc with SonicStage 3.3

On around the 48% SonicStage give me the error:

"An internal error has occurred."

Minidisc says: "Access Error"

Transfer stopped.

Tries several times, no luck.

Anyone who knows the problem / solution ?

Greets, hs`xdox

Edited by hs`xdox

The Total Recorder method is near the bottom of this post.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=6330

I suggest you just let it run overnight and make a realtime recording for safety's sake.

Then, just to experiment, add some track marks within that seven-hour recording. One long track might simply be too much for SonicStage or your computer to handle, while it might upload shorter tracks (you can always combine them again with SonicStage). Do you have a lot of free disc space for SonicStage to play with while uploading?

I have exactly the same problem ! It is caused by a small gap (<< 1 second) in the recording (cause unknown). You can salvage the rest of the recording by adding trackmarks and then importing the "good" tracks".

The question is: I've made two recordings in two days and both have exactly one gap, but not in the same position. I've never had this problem before. Both recordings were made on different discs. Should I return my unit ?

When you add the track marks around the gap don't then try to delete the gap. Just upload the other tracks.

Removing track marks has wrecked uploads on previous versions of SonicStage, and I don't know if the new version has fixed it.

I have had the gap problem once or twice too. I tend to think it's something in the discs themselves, not the unit, because other discs record fine.

If it happens with every disc, of course, the unit should defintely go back. I assume you are keeping the unit still, not bouncing or vibrating, as you record.

These superlong recordings call for a lot of data to be saved. I'm completely guessing here, but maybe the buffer in the unit is a little bit temperamental.

If possible, you'd be better off adding track marks during recording (you can do that without upload problems) or even stopping to save the data every so often.

Edited by A440

When you add the track marks around the gap don't then try to delete the gap. Just upload the other tracks.

Yes, that's what I do. I've had no problem uploading after that.

If it happens with every disc, of course, the unit should defintely go back. I assume you are keeping the unit still, not bouncing or vibrating, as you record.

The unit is kept still, but I'm recording mainly rock concerts in which bass and drums can cause a lot of vibrations.

These superlong recordings call for a lot of data to be saved. If possible, you'd be better off adding track marks during recording (you can do that without upload problems) or even stopping to save the data every so often.

Thanks, I will try that definitely.