Any Minidisc Shops In Houston

Rate this topic

TheSoulMaster

... here they are about £8.00 each...........ouch !!!

TSM

:oThat's insane?!

Price check with SS Rep. 06.JAN.29

Edited by Jacques

I'm sure I remeber seeing minidisc players in Fry's when I was there a couple of years ago, worth a try, I think Best Buy also had them

Good luck,

Bob

:oThat must have been years ago! .. Best Buy discontinued MD hardware a while back, I actually bought my MXD from them. Fry's Electronics as well, of course this may be region (California) specific; but doubtful.

Visiting in two weeks time, just wondered if there's any shops worth visiting for any MD bits ????

TKS

TSM

I bought my RH-910 recorder for $199.99 at Fry's Electronics in Houston. ~$216.49 after tax. They are located at 11565 Southwest Freeway (Highway 59). This is not far from the Galleria area down close to Sugarland area. Take Highway 59 south and exit Wilcrest/Murphy road. Go left at the light and make a U-turn under the freeway at Murphy road. The Fry's will be on the Northbound service road as soon as you turn under the freeway. Fry's is a huge electronics superstore with some very reasonable prices. Definitely check out Fry's if you have never seen one. It just opened for us here last year and I have spent a good chunk of money there. It's a dangerous place to take your credit card into!

MD blanks are about $6.99 US there also. $7.57 after taxes.

I didn't know about the Sony Style store at the Galleria, I'll have to check that out. Check your prices there first because I'm pretty sure the price I gave you from Fry's is probably pretty close to what I gave you. I was there recently and it was the same. I forget how much the RH-10 was but they have them too as well as the MD player. Also several Network Walkmans, Ipods etc...

Enjoy Houston, we are having outstanding weather right now, 70-80 degrees farenheit (20-26 C) in the days and 55-65 degrees at night. If you are looking for nightlife try and find a paper called the Houston Press in the restaraunts and Convenience stores. It is a free paper and can be found all over, it will feature the best places to eat, music, clubs, cinemas etc...

Guyj

Thanks for all the info - very much appreciatted. Fry's sounds like my kinda store, if I can get an RH-10 for less than what it is here in Scotland (160 GBP / USD 280), I'll probably buy one.

Can't wait to get back to Houston, been a couple of years since I last visited & I know the weather at the moment is particularly good, as my Houston colleagues continually remind me every day we talk !!!

Hoping to go & see R Kelly on Tuesday night if tickets are still available, can't remember the venue but again it's down town.

Will report back on my findings

, tks.

Guyj

Thanks for all the info - very much appreciatted. Fry's sounds like my kinda store, if I can get an RH-10 for less than what it is here in Scotland (160 GBP / USD 280), I'll probably buy one.

Can't wait to get back to Houston, been a couple of years since I last visited & I know the weather at the moment is particularly good, as my Houston colleagues continually remind me every day we talk !!!

Hoping to go & see R Kelly on Tuesday night if tickets are still available, can't remember the venue but again it's down town.

Will report back on my findings

, tks.

Here is the current price page for MD/DAT gear at Fry's. Looks like you may be able to get it a little cheaper at home than at Fry's. It's a place worth checking out though... There are some great places to eat around there too. I work right around the corner. Go to Fry's around lunch or dinner and try the Pappasito's Mexican Cantina or the Pappadeaux Cajun Seafood just a mile further down the freeway. Drink a margarita for me!

http://shop2.outpost.com/search?cat=-41870&pType=pDisplay

Here is the current price page for MD/DAT gear at Fry's. Looks like you may be able to get it a little cheaper at home than at Fry's. It's a place worth checking out though... There are some great places to eat around there too. I work right around the corner. Go to Fry's around lunch or dinner and try the Pappasito's Mexican Cantina or the Pappadeaux Cajun Seafood just a mile further down the freeway. Drink a margarita for me!

http://shop2.outpost.com/search?cat=-41870&pType=pDisplay

Pappasito's Mexican Cantina or the Pappadeaux Cajun Seafood = sheer bliss !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Morning, jacques, my name is Edwin Suarez, at this moment i´m on Colombia, but i´ll be on Houston on three weeks. I´m looking for two notebooks SONYVAIO VGn-FJ290P1L. If i´m right that is the sonystyle store at houston.

Do you have it on stock???

Please answer me to edwin.suarez@ingeprom.net

Thanks

:bomb_phone:Here you go. --

IPB Image

The Galleria

5015 Westheimer Road

Houston, TX 77056

713-439-7086