NH1 discounted in UK shop.

Rate this topic

evoga

Just purchased a NH1 from Argos today in the UK for £100. They also have NH800 for £75, looks like they are clearing out the stock. Thought I would mention It as I rarely see the NH1's for sale in the shops and the Sony Store still have silly prices on the mini discs here.

Wow, I was on the Argos page yesterday and the NH1 and NH800 were £150 and £100 respectively. Now they're gone altogether. I'd have grabbed an NH800 at £75.

My mistake, they're under "clearance". No stock available anywhere near me though. Pooh.

Edited by jonny mac

I got the NH1 in Argos around septenber!

They used to have loads of Hi-MD devises but now they only have the 2.

When I went to argos to replace my NHF800 because it was faulty they never had any instock so I had to upgrade...

So now I take it they are in clearece...

That was the last place Hi-MD was avalable in england!

Unless sony does something soon to save minidisc It will dissapear alltogether! :'(

That was the last place Hi-MD was avalable in england!

And Wales! (and probably Scotland too)

I've already got the NH1, but I'm tempted to get a spare tomorrow (my local store still has one). I'm not sure about prices, but I know the battery and remote are both pretty expensive, so it might be worth getting it for those alone.

Thanks for the info regarding Argos! :D

I picked mine up today at my local store in Strood, Kent (south-east about 30 miles from london) for £99.00 they have plenty! :D

I would like to add my thanks too.

I got one from Colchester and one from Harwich. At £99.99 they seem a good buy. I had to return the one I got from the Clacton-on-Sea Argos as it was missing the remote control. All the branches in this area seemed to only have one item left by the time I was buying this afternoon.

My two purchases (and obviously the Clacton machine) seem to have already opened boxes. Maybe display machines - so it pays to check the contents of the box before leaving the shop. Initial tests on the two machines I purchased suggest they are working fine.

Although I have an old MZ-R30 I am new to HiMD machines - just purchased a MZ-RH910 in January this year from Amazon. I must say that the NH1 compares very favourably with the 910 (I'm not in the least bit worried about the lack of MP3) with its magnesium case, time stamp, ability to play HiMD discs via line out into my HiFi, and the great backlit remote. Downside is the non standard USB situation - but the 910 will handle that very nicely so it really complements the NH1s.

I thought buying two NH1s an extravagance, but now I'm really pleased I took the opportunity.

Again, thanks for the tip off.

Cheers

TomR

I thought buying two NH1s an extravagance, but now I'm really pleased I took the opportunity.

I think it's actually a wise move. I was quoted 35 UKP for a replacement battery (If anyone knows of a cheaper one in the UK please tell me); I believe the remote costs somewhere in the region of 40 - 50 UKP and you can now use that on your RH910 or keep it as a spare; the Hi-MD disc which comes with it would cost you 5 UKP; so basically you've bought yourself a spare machine for around 10 - 20 UKP.

Incidentally, if you haven't already done so, can I recommend getting a pack of "WriteRight" PDA screen protectors; trimming one to size and covering the displays of the remotes before you start scratching them.