Acid Pro 6 with ATRAC support announced

Rate this topic

ozpeter

I found that Acid will open an atrac file from which drm had been removed (in the "Optimised files" folder) but would not handle others.

there is an opening up of atrac as ishi intimated this seems to be a significant start

ATRAC support has now been added to Sound Forge 8.0(d)

Most Sony Media Software - audio related software - as of 1st quarter 2006 (just to name a few: CD Architect, Sound Forge, ACID Pro, Vegas, DVD Architect) support ATRAC format (ATRAC3™, ATRAC3plus™, and ATRAC Advanced Lossless™).

Most Sony Media Software - audio related software - as of 1st quarter 2006 (just to name a few: CD Architect, Sound Forge, ACID Pro, Vegas, DVD Architect) support ATRAC format (ATRAC3™, ATRAC3plus™, and ATRAC Advanced Lossless™).

Thanks for the Confirmation Ishi . :ok:

SDK: Software Development Kit : A set of tools, APIs, and documentation to assist with the development of software in a specific computer language or for a particular operating environment.

I may have to look into Vegas or DVD Architect. I would love to be able to integrate Atrac3 recorded audio into my home movies directly rather than transcoding.

Edited by KrazyIvan

By the way, to the poster who claimed that the CD Architect 5.2a update supports ATRAC -- it does not.

Let me assure you that we strive to achieve accurate reporting. If you can't locate support for it that means it has not been release for the public yet. For your reference:

CD Architect 5.2a with an ATRAC3plus 352kbps file.

IPB Image

[attachmentid=1578]

post-5220-1144542908_thumb.jpg

If you have any application made by Sony Media that processes ATRAC then copying the plugin to another seems to work. I could take my ACID plugin and drop it into VEGAS, the ATRAC features were then in there as well.

A full DirectShow version would be more useful though. Actually an iTunes plug in would be 1000x more useful.