Amazon selling MZ-DH10P at amazing price!

Christopher

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is shipped from US then no .US adpter will be burned in 240V b`coz it is only made for 110 V .

Are you planning to buy 240 V adpater ?

I also got my DH10P from US but i`m using the adapter that came with my HD5 (Universal one )

yes, if that is the case i would need it.

resorted to emailing sony singapore to ask where to buy the adapter seperately, if it is avialable.

Ordering online again and going through all the trouble and wait again is too much for me..

what does "110-240V input" means?

U can plug it anywhere without exploding?

So what's the real scoop - does this puppy have a MIC INPUT - yes or no?

It is not puppy ..It is a MD player lol :lol::lol::angry:

resorted to emailing sony singapore to ask where to buy the adapter seperately, if it is avialable.

Ordering online again and going through all the trouble and wait again is too much for me..

what does "110-240V input" means?

U can plug it anywhere without exploding?

110-240V ..it means that you can use this adpater in a the countries where voltage supply is within 110-240 .

May i know whay is your voltage supply in your region or in which country you live ??

[OFF TOPIC] They have the EH1 with full warranty (I'm pretty sure it's refurbished) for $200 at the sony outlet by me. Where'd you find it for $180... and was it new? [/OFF TOPIC]

:o where?!

110-240V ..it means that you can use this adpater in a the countries where voltage supply is within 110-240 .

May i know whay is your voltage supply in your region or in which country you live ??

Since Unignal originally wanted to know if the power supply can be used on 240V, he/she may be from Australia. If so, then the 110-240V would be just fine, but a plug adaptor might be needed (I'm not sure how different American plug prongs/outlets are compared Aussie ones).

after 2 days, eek replied and ask me the rating of the adapter which I haven't receive. :)

i'm in singapore, wall socket is 220~240.

Hope the DH10P is shipped with an adapter which can work with my wall socket.

Plug adapters are no problems. I have tonnes of them lying around the house. :)

i'm in singapore, wall socket is 220~240.

Hope the DH10P is shipped with an adapter which can work with my wall socket.

Haha, ok, Singapore, too. ;)

The 110-240V would still work. Enjoy your DH10P!

another week at least before it arrives.

Shipment route of my DH10P

Eek -> Virtual Address in USA (provided by local service provider)

Virtual Address in USA -> Singapore -> My home address.

Will take pretty long...

:o where?!

Woodbury Commons Sony Outlet...about 45 minutes north of New York City, off of 87.

Price is $199.99, local tax is 8.25% = $216.49.

If your interested and you can't get up there I could probably pick it up for you...it's about 10 minutes from my house. I was just there scoping the scene... that's the only HiMD anything they have there... they say they usually sell out quick when they get anything good..... back in the day i used to get r70's there and sell em on ebay for a decent profit. They don't keep good stock like they used to. Still waiting for an RH10, 910 or a mac model. The EH1 is the only new MD stock I've seen in the last year.

Edit: Is this a good deal for a player only model? I mean I know it's slim... is that what your paying for?

Edited by taper420

another week at least before it arrives.

Will take pretty long...

Just ask Stuge how long he had to wait for his new DH10P. ;)

Edit: taper420, I think that's a good deal for that particular model even though it is a (refurbished?) player-only unit. The only other place I've seen it on sale is Japan Direct and it's selling new for US$295, not including shipping.

Edited by jaylen

Price on Amazon is up to $260 ... I knew I should have ordered a few ..... looks like the topic needs to change

Just in case I decide to keep this Dh10P and get my girlfriend a different model.. what's the cheapest player only model out there?

what's the cheapest player only model out there?

One e-tailer to check out is Audiocubes. For Hi-MD player-only units, they have the Sony EH50 (US$189), EH70, and EH930. For non-Hi-MD players, they have a bigger selection of units whose prices are a little lower compared to the EH50. Good luck!

can i confirm the model number of the adapter that i can use with DH10P in Singapore. Sony Singapore is smart enough to have zero information about products they don't sell, even though it is another sony product.

They can't google search or something.. lol.

The original Asia-Pacific adaptor for the DH10P is:

Model No: AC-ES608K3

Part No: 1-479-331-11

The JP version is:

Model No: AC-ES608K3

Part No: 1-479-329-12

100-240V Input

The compatible universal power adaptor is:

Model No: AC-E60A

Part No: Same

100-240V input.

thanks alot.

There I set off on my treasure hunt again, determined to make sure I have the proper adapter when my unit arrives, so that I can start playing with it right away!

I'm too impatient to wait:)

As I posted previously the DH10P & NW-HD5 but use the same AC adaptor - AC-ES608K3.

So if the NW-HD5 player was released in your country you should be in luck.

If you're in doubt check the service manuals here and @ ATRACLife for the part numbers. In the 2nd last page under accessories

As I posted previously the DH10P & NW-HD5 but use the same AC adaptor - AC-ES608K3.

So if the NW-HD5 player was released in your country you should be in luck.

If you're in doubt check the service manuals here and @ ATRACLife for the part numbers. In the 2nd last page under accessories

even adapter that came with HD3 can be used also ..

I cannot but feel people are rushing to buy this thing for the same reason people have pledged allegiance to Ipod, except that this is even more a sensation of form over function. The damned thing doesn't record via line-in or microphone. The only substantive additional feature it has over your current player/recorders is a low-quality camera. The bulk of you probably have these in your cellphones, which you will continue to carry, anyway. Yes, it looks great. The idea of having a camera in your minidisc player is fabulous. Totally stylish and gnarly. And it stops right there. I'm a journalist; and while I use mindisc to listen to music, I generally use my NW-HD5 for that purpose. I use my MZ-NHF800 primarily for recording; however, if I just wanted to use a minidisc player for enjoying music, I'd simply use that and retain my option to record wherever I go. For low-quality pictures, I will whip out my cellphone. For high-quality pics, I will take my legitimate digital camera with me.

By the way, there is no fixed way of using disk in American English, though it is more commonly spelled with a "c" to describe compact disks. It's interchangeable, and the "k" is also more common in referring to disks used in sports. I prefer the "k." I will say I have NEVER seen hard disk with a "c." The "k" is also far more common in referring to disks in the body. Ultimately, though, it's like the difference between "gray" and "grey."

hi,

although a 1.3MP seems to be "low quality", it boils down to how the photograher takes photo, and the use of the photo.

Cameras of ever higher and higher MP came out all the time. Why? It is a marketing ploy to get people to buy them. Since consumers do not know about technical stuffs, the best way to convince cousmers to buy the cameras is by releasing ever higher MP cameras. This causee 1.3MP to seems like low quality, although it is already more than enough for most consumer needs.

This is just like what Intel did with their pentium chips. If you bother to read up about processors, you will discover that there are 3 factors that govern the processor's performance, not just the amount of HZ. However, since consumers are unlikely to know about things other than HZ, Intel kept releasing processors with higher and higher HZ to attract consumers, until now they could not produce anymore and have to rely on things like duo core and increasing cache. The fact is, an AMD with lower HZ than a Pentium processor actually performs better. Yet consumers are blind to this, and think that more HZ = good. Just like camera's MP.

Another thing is memory. Even if you have a camera with high MP, most likely you will not use the maximum quality, in order to be able to store more photos. Those digital camera are based on flash, and flash are expensive. There is little chance that you will bring 2 or more SD cards of memory sticks around to take photo. When your memory is full, you delete them. For MD, it is cheap enough that you can carry an entire army of MD on a long trip to store all your photos at maximum quality. Isn't that worth buying?

As for handphone cameras.. They lack the features of DH10P.

Think of it this way. USD185 for both a feature packed Hi-MD Player AND a camera? It is really worth it.

Also, isn't it good to keep a decent quality camera with you all the time? Handphone cameras are expensive and lack all the features.

As for recording, I can use my NH900.

PS: Sorry for my poor grammar.

Edited by Unignal

I cannot but feel people are rushing to buy this thing for the same reason people have pledged allegiance to Ipod, except that this is even more a sensation of form over function. The damned thing doesn't record via line-in or microphone. The only substantive additional feature it has over your current player/recorders is a low-quality camera. The bulk of you probably have these in your cellphones, which you will continue to carry, anyway. Yes, it looks great. The idea of having a camera in your minidisc player is fabulous. Totally stylish and gnarly. And it stops right there. I'm a journalist; and while I use mindisc to listen to music, I generally use my NW-HD5 for that purpose. I use my MZ-NHF800 primarily for recording; however, if I just wanted to use a minidisc player for enjoying music, I'd simply use that and retain my option to record wherever I go. For low-quality pictures, I will whip out my cellphone. For high-quality pics, I will take my legitimate digital camera with me.

I bought this player mostly for two things: it had the lowest price to date (69% price cut) and it's a collectable item.

I bought this player mostly for two things: it had the lowest price to date (69% price cut) and it's a collectable item.

Quite right. It has been around for over a year and now this price drop has made it more affordable. If only SONY had originally released them at these sort of prices.

I bought it mainly for the novelty of the colour (sorry USA: color) screen 'cause I like the idea of having my cover art displayed.

For low-quality pictures, I will whip out my cellphone. For high-quality pics, I will take my legitimate digital camera with me.

By the way, there is no fixed way of using disk in American English, though it is more commonly spelled with a "c" to describe compact disks.

Actually, theblueraja has posted pics taken with his DH10P on T-Board and they are surprisingly good. I'm like you and prefer a dedicated digital camera over a cell phone or MD unit with a camera, but for people who like to carry around as little as possible, the DH10P is a decent fit. And, some people do get MD units for collecting purposes (which I think is its main attraction) or back-ups.

Just by looking at everyone's locations, you can see that not everyone is American so I don't know why you felt the need to point out disk vs disc. Besides, ever notice that it's MiniDisC on boxes and wrappers? Even if someone chose to call them MiniDisques, I'm pretty sure we'd know what they're talking about. If the slight spelling differences bother you, then good luck on this forum. There has been worse spelling in some posts, but even then, they're still able to get their point across. And if you really want to get technical, it's iPod not Ipod. :)

Jaylen, if you see the thread about the new MD player's confirmed release date, you will see someone asked a question about the spelling of "disk" specifically in regards to American English. I forgot that it was not in this thread. Frankly, I couldn't care less. Someone else did, however, and I certainly wasn't the only one to respond. I would never presume to restrict people to American English, nor would I be foolish enough to think everyone on this site was from the United States.

Edited by himd_anxiety

Yup ,I also bought this for my collection only .since this type of thing will never be released again .

I forgot that it was not in this thread.

;) That's really all you needed to say. Agreed. It's a misunderstanding. And no, I did not read that thread which was related to the topic of your last paragraph.

As a collectable is the only thing that makes sense. Its IS a poor quality camera. Quality is determined by lense and CCD quality. Mega pixels only dictate the maximum size of photo you can take.

As a collectable is the only thing that makes sense. Its IS a poor quality camera. Quality is determined by lense and CCD quality. Mega pixels only dictate the maximum size of photo you can take.

Camera is not that bad either ..see some snaps of Hi-MD blue taken with DH10P

IPB Image

taken with EV=0

IPB Image

taken with higher EV

Not good enough IMO to justify buying the unit.

No, I agree - I don't think anyone is going to buy this unit based solely on its performance as a camera. I think people like it because they want an outstanding MD player with some unique features like colour oled and if you can get it at a big price reduction, so much the better.

Not good enough IMO to justify buying the unit.

Hey ,I never said that camera is Good ..In my ratings it`s Ok ..first of all ,I didn`t bought this for camera purpose . I bought this unit only for collection (as said before ) .I`m quite sure that not many people here in India will have this unit .Also It`s has HD-Amp

@Rich ,Yeah ,I have seen your review :ok: (Great Review Man)

Also those who want to see more picture taken with DH10P .Please see here

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=m...&module=gallery

Jacques has posted lots of pictures taken with Hi-Md camera B)

Edited by stuge