FIFA World Cup 2006 Thread

Rate this topic

Stuge

Which Team are you going to support ?  

1. 1. Which Team are you going to support ?

• Brazil
    • France
    • England
    • Czech Republic
    • Mexico
    • Portugal
    • Argentina
    • Greece
    • Other (please Mention in the post )
  2. 2. Do you support Underdogs ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be supporting australia, germany [for my ancestors] & england [for my club, tottenham's players]. i love to watch strong passing football & i can't stand gamesmanship & diving.

brazil to win it imo but they are so flimsy at the back every game of there's should be a high scorer. i also like the scandi teams, they always play great football with a strong team ethos.

Unfortunately the Tartan Army did not qualify, which leaves my allegiance with the US team and France. Unfortunately I think the US will bow out in the first round, but the French have a chance to make the semis.

MDBoy

Go the Aussies... has been a long time coming!

Apparently they are staying at this huge mansion in Germany... owned by like 1 of the richest Germans or something.. and who also happens to be the countries best chief....

So the Aussies have it pretty good in their accomodation! :D

There is an old picture of me from 2004 with a orange shirt and Dutch scarf round my neck, I posted it on ATboard, but my server crashed and I assume it is long gone.

You can assume what team I like :-P

That and the Japanese.. I like those blokes.

Well, I'm patriotic when it comes to sport even if with not much else, so I'll be rooting for England. ;)

Its the only time of the year where those dusty flags come out...

I'm not a soccor (Cough I mean 'football' - Thats what you get for beeing in canada for 6 months :lol:) supporter myself!

But England is still representing the country!

GO ENGLAND! ^_^

I don't really care about football... but I do enjoy watching in group with a few drinks (preferably in a bar)

while watching with my friends, I tend to cheer for the team they all hate so at least someone is happy at the end of the night :lol:

no really, I love playing the 'other side'... this also shows that even my football crazy friends still retain their sense of humor as I still haven't been beaten up yet :P

wasn't going to but i've spent the last 20 hours vomiting, i drank too much then ate some dodgy pizza last night so i'm a little too frazzled to sleep.

two teams who are ranked by fifa above thier quality for me. the US are a decent team but not top ten as they are rated & the czechs are top ten but for me not number two.

look for rosicky to be pivotal for the czechs, if he's making the play they'll win well, if he's marked then the US's strong team style of play could tip it.

The Mighty Juggernaut that is the Czech's with their superior beer and brau is decimating the U.S. 3-Nil.

Well, there goes the US hopes of making it out of group round. Not unless they pull off a miracle and beat Italy and Ghana convincingly.

wow that was an odd game, korea vs togo.

the togolese were a stereotypical african side, fit & strong but niave about tactics. korea didn't seem to get going until after half time.

i also think that was the first 5-3-2 i've seen so far, there's been a number of 3-5-2 & 3-2-3-2s but none with genuine wingbacks.

I need to catch the game on my DVR. I did manage to catch the last 4 minutes of each half (commute with no radio play by play)...

Nonetheless, it was a necessary victory by Korea, they now have to face the French and the Swedes next. A Win vs. one and a Tie should help them advance to the round of sixteen (this assuming Either the French or the Swiss lose one of their games).

And for slight bit of humor, I joked to my friend that Guus Hiddink has just become a person of (even more) legendary stature in Korea w/ the Aussie's victory over Japan Yesterday. Looks like the "Little General" Advocaat is doing the same.

All he needs to do is out coach the French.

And for slight bit of humor, I joked to my friend that Guus Hiddink has just become a person of (even more) legendary stature in Korea w/ the Aussie's victory over Japan Yesterday. Looks like the "Little General" Advocaat is doing the same.

All he needs to do is out coach the French.

not as much as a joke as you might think, Lee Chun-Soo dedicated their match to guus before kickoff.

Would not be surprised at all. The Korean Media (even here in the US) is playing up the fact that Hiddink basically said that he'd beat the Japanese Team as a final parting gift of sorts to the Koreans. By doing so, he has literally cemented himself as a legend.

I bet they're going to name elementary schools after him when all is said and done.

대한민국! (Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap)

(Or if your browser can't display Korean at all, Dae-Han-Min-Guk! :D)

Thanks to the draw, I think Korea will make it to the round of 16 with a tie and a victory (very much pushing their luck with 2 ties, though it's a possibility).

And pretty darn good game for Croatia v. Brazil. Would've liked to have seen an upset, and the Croats were very good being agressive (I didn't follow the game closely as I wanted to).

Edited by Damage

spain vs ukraine up first tonight, will all depend on whether schevchenko will play & if the good spain or the lazy disinterested spain turn up.

spain, like portugal are perenial underachievers. can't pick this one myself.